****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

I wish my belly was popping! You're still showing more then me melissa! I think I am small for how far along I am. ALthough you are tinier then me so maybe thats why you're showing more.

I am feeling baby movements though, just got rightly poked three times very faintly. I know it's baby now its stronger then it was a few days ago. How exciting!

Yay for being the first to know gender! Or possibly the first! Woo hoo!!!! I'm going nuts I won't be able to sleep tonight :( I just want to pass out now and wake up in time to leave lol.

Melissa, keeping my Fx that i can find out what our baby is around the same time :D

I don't think I'm tinier than you Tiffany!!!! I think some girls just show more than others....I still get people saying "you're wearing maternity clothes ALREADY?" lol so maybe i'm the wierd one who's showing so soon with my first baby....oh well!!!

Steph that would be AWESOME!!!! :D

Melissa: You are smaller then me I mean before pregnancy. I Have seen your bump pics. Your bump pics aren't big either just bigger then mine, still cute and small though. I am not in mat clothes yet I think I won't need em till beginning of march to mid march. Most jeans still button up and the one or two pairs that were tailored perfectly for me before pregnancy I use belly bands with.

haha I know, I meant before pregnancy too :D I could probably still wear my old jeans if I had a belly band, but maternity jeans are sooooo comfy!!!
Wow you're 16 weeks exactly tomorrow when you find out!!! I can't wait to check your journal tomorrow!!

TiredLady, I remember with the NCT classes there were reduced rates for people on certain benefits etc, it may be worth contacting your local booking coordinator for more information. I did both NHS and NCT - the information was effectively the same, the 'delivery' (if you'll excuse the pun!) was very different - NCT was a small group, no more than 6 couples, lots of chance to ask questions and a good time to make friends as well. NHS was 70 people split in two groups, quite impersonal - but certain aspects good like particulars on hospital policy (although I'm guessing that will vary from one NHS Trust to another...)

Wow Kelly didn't know they could do a gender scan so early,that's really exciting, hope baby behaves for you today, and let us all know!

I've just dug out some maternity trousers for work today, I had been getting away with my larger sizes until last week, but they're just too uncomfortable by the end of the day - I still just look like a piggy though, no bump at all!!

I'm knackered, was off work sick yesteday and spent the best part of 2 days asleep and feel a bit better for it, but my head is splitting and I'm still not quite right :(

Morning girls, so last night me and DF used our doppler for the very first time! What a laugh it was. Got gel everywhere, couldn't hear on the headphones so DF got his ipod speakers our and hooked it up to that! Then we argued as the 1st time we heard anything he said it was bubs (it wasn't it was mine as it was way too slow).
Tried the 2nd time, didn't realise you really have to push it in lol and there was bubs racing heartbeat. Was going so fast, so i shouted for DF to come and listen but i think i frightened bubs as couldn't find it again then when i did it was over the other side!
What a drama! Story over.....
Just really happy to of heard bubs heartbeat, puts my mind at rest for a while at least.

How is everyone coping now we are in 2nd tri? Things getting easier? xxxx

Morning girls, so last night me and DF used our doppler for the very first time! What a laugh it was. Got gel everywhere, couldn't hear on the headphones so DF got his ipod speakers our and hooked it up to that! Then we argued as the 1st time we heard anything he said it was bubs (it wasn't it was mine as it was way too slow).
Tried the 2nd time, didn't realise you really have to push it in lol and there was bubs racing heartbeat. Was going so fast, so i shouted for DF to come and listen but i think i frightened bubs as couldn't find it again then when i did it was over the other side!
Just really happy to of heard bubs heartbeat, puts my mind at rest for a while at least.

hi,, i heard babies heartbeatyesterday :D but midwife did it.. where did u get your doppler from? xx

hi,, i heard babies heartbeatyesterday :D but midwife did it.. where did u get your doppler from? xx

I got mine from babymad.com. Was just under £29 but you get a free bottle of gel with it. It's an Anglesounds one. xxx

can u use it from any week of pregnancy? o your only 2 days infront ov me anyway lol! its just theres one u cant use until 21weeks or something x

angelsounds is recommended from 14 weeks I think? that's the one I have I bought it on ebay, although heard recently they are on offer on amazon...
it's the summer baby listening one that's 21 weeks as it's on actually using ultrasound

do u think its a good idea to get one? i dont no if i wil just worry all the time x

i had to be very disciplined - only used it once a week last time, and counselling myself not to panic if I couldn't find HB on any given day!! It's kinda fun, but in a few weeks we'll feel lots of movement anyway which should be good reassurance!

yea true i might just wait because i think id probally use it every day lol! x

Hey ladies xxx

well back from the doctors and not such great news.Baby is all good,Very strong heartbeat and def wiggling around :happydance:

The crap news is that my cyst is defiantly causing all my troubles.Looks as though the pressure form the cyst and baby is pressing on nerves.Also because it was a twin pregnacy I have higher amount of hormones and add to that the cyst is producing hormones.I am getting it from all sides.Hence the headaches,backache,nose bleeds,vision disturbances and the soft ligaments.I have been told not to over do it,no lifting or strenuous activity.If it continues then it's a trip to hospital.If it's this week it's gynae but after 16 its the maternity unit.She is gobsmacked at how big I am and i do measure bigger than dates.Maybe its the cyst.If at 20weeks it has doubled then surgey seems the only option causing a miscarriage risk.The whole thing is shite.I only had a 13cm cyst removed last April.Even the dr was baffled I have another one already x

Oh Eoz, no fun :(
My friend had cysts removed last pregnancy at about 18 weeks with no complications, hopefully it won't come that though!

Im hoping not to.Thats good your friend was ok.I have not heard anyone go through it yet.The doc said they sometimes need to push the uterus to one side causing trauma.not nice x

Oh babe, I suppose on a plus side least you know what is causing it all. So can it resolve its self or not?

We had all this trouble last time with dates, was there a cyst with abi too? One more question, did you have Abi at their dates or LMP dates?

Oh Eoz I don't have cysts atm but have had them in the past and OMG do they ever hurt! Hope it doesn't grow any and you don't have to have surgery!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->