August 2011 mummies! Our babies are here!

Hi leann beautiful photos! I'll add you later as I'm currently sat in baby clinic x

Added you Leann :) How do you pronounce Tadgh's name? x

Thomas hasgained 2lbs 1oz in 29 days :dance: he's gone from 8lbs to 10lbs 1oz :D

I have PND though and my HV is coming out on Friday to see me and I'm being referred for counselling (for something else) through action of children.

Hey everyone! just checking in on how everyone is doing!

Henry got diagnosed with reflux - so we had weeks and weeks of screaming between 7pm - 11pm and since he's been on the gaviscon he's been perfect! No screaming, no unsettled periods and he's now STTN since being on it too! :) He's also a proper chunky monkey and weighs 13lbs 8ozs at 6.5 weeks - well he's not chunky he's just really long and skinny! Dunno where he's hiding it!

Hope all mummies and babies are all well and happy! xx

Added you Leann :) How do you pronounce Tadgh's name? x

Thomas hasgained 2lbs 1oz in 29 days :dance: he's gone from 8lbs to 10lbs 1oz :D

I have PND though and my HV is coming out on Friday to see me and I'm being referred for counselling (for something else) through action of children.

It's an Irish name, pronounced like the word 'tiger' but drop the 'er' sound :thumbup:

Have to admit quite jealous of the ladies who have their LOs sleeping good stretches at night, last few nights LO up for feeds every 3 hrs as usual but refuses to get wind up afer his 3am feed so I end up sitting up with him till 6/7am! Have to say last few weeks and having only 1-2 hours sleep at a time caught up with me last night! Got all teary and had to get DH to get up and take him, I think the adrenaline has worn off and tiredness has truly taken over! All worth it in the end!

Hey everyone! just checking in on how everyone is doing!

Henry got diagnosed with reflux - so we had weeks and weeks of screaming between 7pm - 11pm and since he's been on the gaviscon he's been perfect! No screaming, no unsettled periods and he's now STTN since being on it too! :) He's also a proper chunky monkey and weighs 13lbs 8ozs at 6.5 weeks - well he's not chunky he's just really long and skinny! Dunno where he's hiding it!

Hope all mummies and babies are all well and happy! xx

hey hun just a quick question how do u give ur little one the gaviscon? my jaycob has reflux and if i put it in his feed he put blank refuses to drink, ive tryed making it up as if i bf him and giving it through a syringe but he just refuses it and clamps his mouth shut, only a few times out of the million attempts hes took it from me putting the mixture in a bottle with no feed instead of the syringe and putting a bit more water in it.

do u give it ur lo before during or after a feed,

i dont no if its working when i give it to him, he just screams all day, and sumtimes even whimpers in his sleep, i just dont no wat to do half the time

he was diagnosed at the hospital with reflux 2 weeks ago and the dr told me to thicken his feeds with 1 scoop baby rice as he was 6 weeks and could handle it, but as soon as the hv found out she screamed at me and told me to stop and wasnt very nice at all, so going to my gp tomoro to see if there is anything else i can do

NOooooooooooo do not add thickening stuff to his milk - it even says that on the Gaviscon box! Plus he's 6 weeks - the HV was right to tell you to stop it (nto so nice she screamed at you though :( ) Omg.... cna't believe a DR told you to do that!! He's supposed to know what he's doing! I'm not having a go incase you think I am... I'm just gobsmacked really!

I prepare his bottle, then add two sachets, shake and give it to him - he needs the size 2 teats when he has the gaviscon rather than the size 1s and I give it to him the feed before I know he gets hysterical with it and then the feed that usually sets him off. I ff... so I'm not sure what it says to do if you BF? Have you tried giving it to him from a cup - I know a lot of BF babies will only take things from a cup....? xx

Leann - I LOVE the pictures, sooo cute! :)

I went to work yesterday for the first time :( Just for one day to help them out, they've been in a huge bind since I left. I go back full time starting next week. It was horrible leaving her...I cried for hours on Sunday and again on Monday morning :cry: This is harder than anything I've ever had to do and I'm trying to make the most of our last week together, but I keep thinking about it and crying more. Ashlyn's been super fussy and I think she's picking up on that. Plus, DH is working 15 -16 hour days right now. He's leaving at 6:30am and isn't getting home until around 10pm so I feel like a single mother. That's making me cry too! I'm a total mess!! :dohh:

I'm glad (well not really) that others have sleep and breast feeding problems. Cal still rips me open even though he latches correctly. He fusses at the breast with wind at both ends and pulls off. It can take hours to feed and settle him and then it starts all over again. I can't see us ever getting into a routine as every day/night is different.

Hope everyone has a good week. :thumbup:

PS I also have mastitis :cry:

I'm glad (well not really) that others have sleep and breast feeding problems. Cal still rips me open even though he latches correctly. He fusses at the breast with wind at both ends and pulls off. It can take hours to feed and settle him and then it starts all over again. I can't see us ever getting into a routine as every day/night is different.

Hope everyone has a good week. :thumbup:

PS I also have mastitis :cry:

I had mastitis too and god it hurt so much. I spent a lot of time having a cold shower to help the pain. I hope it gets easier for you!!

Charlie- My little one has reflux too. Luckily the doctor picked it up quite quickly and he's now been a lot better because of the gaviscon powder.

Still breastfeeding here, but starting to enjoy it a bit more now. Never knew he could have reflux.

Hope you're all well, enjoying the hot weather here. Taking J out for walks :)

NOooooooooooo do not add thickening stuff to his milk - it even says that on the Gaviscon box! Plus he's 6 weeks - the HV was right to tell you to stop it (nto so nice she screamed at you though :( ) Omg.... cna't believe a DR told you to do that!! He's supposed to know what he's doing! I'm not having a go incase you think I am... I'm just gobsmacked really!

I prepare his bottle, then add two sachets, shake and give it to him - he needs the size 2 teats when he has the gaviscon rather than the size 1s and I give it to him the feed before I know he gets hysterical with it and then the feed that usually sets him off. I ff... so I'm not sure what it says to do if you BF? Have you tried giving it to him from a cup - I know a lot of BF babies will only take things from a cup....? xx

ive been giving the gaviscon in a bottle he seems to take it 2/9 times so getting there, stopped the baby rice and a different doctor has prescribed something called cow and gate carobel to thicken the milk, but he just cries during a feed and after, then pukes the whole feed back up, he doesnt bring water back up though, so worried as he cries in pain, n he whimpers in his sleep too

I'm in the reflux brigade too. It was picked up a couple of weeks ago by the dr and now Isla has 1 sachet in every bottle. We still sometimes have a crying fit between 7pm-10pm but not as often as before. I'm also formula feeding.

Been on size 2 TT teats since day one on recommendations by the MWs as they had been having a lot of problems with babies being fed with TT bottles and size 1 teats as the flow is far too slow.

Well I finally had a call Tuesday from the health visitors wanting to come and see us, must have finally realised they had forgotten about us 4 weeks after the last time i saw them.

We are away on holiday this week at a Haven park. Olivia is loving it. I'm so enjoying being off work and spending time with my girls!! :cloud9:

Will read through the thread properly when were home as I'm just on my phone with rubbish signal

Xx

I've noticed a lot of August/midsummer babies have reflux!! I didn't think it was that common!

I hope it gets better Emzeebob! We're lucky in that he very rarely is sick - he just gets the acid part up in his throat :(

ladies I am so fricking broody right now! Like I really really want another one but I don't think I could handle 3 under 2!!! :( I dunno how to get this feeling to stop!

I've noticed a lot of August/midsummer babies have reflux!! I didn't think it was that common!

I hope it gets better Emzeebob! We're lucky in that he very rarely is sick - he just gets the acid part up in his throat :(

ladies I am so fricking broody right now! Like I really really want another one but I don't think I could handle 3 under 2!!! :( I dunno how to get this feeling to stop!

Aww Charlie! I know how you feel. I've hated being pregnant with Josh and never ever thought I'd want to be pregnant again. But my best friend has just had a baby and I've gone all broody all of a sudden lol. There's no way I'd have another baby yet. We'll give it another 5 years if we decided to have another. But god that feeling is strong! :(

Hi everyone!
Been so busy here. Hope you're all good and enjoying your little ones.

I've been having a hard time with breastfeeding. Still sticking at it but giving him a top up of formula in the night as he is never happy.
He has been so much better today but I'm normally feeding him every hour.
It's getting to the point where I'm so tired I have no energy for anything and I have my two girls to look after.
Still giving him the nipple shields too as he's never happy without them.
I feel like it's my fault and I'm just not producing enough milk, but he seems to be growing perfect.
With my daughter, I enjoyed breastfeeding so much and managed to stick at it for 14 months, but this one I'm not enjoying it at all. I'm so tired.
But hopefully things will change and will get better soon.

All your babies are so cute. How quick is this time going?!?!?!?!

Don't worry, We're doing the same at night as there just doesn't seem to be enough milk or Cal just can't be arsed to suck.:baby: I'm feeding every hour too and he just won't sleep. Can be up all night and then only sleep for 10-20 mins every 4 hours or so during day. I thought they were meant to sleep much more!!! I'm flat out knackered but I can't imagine having two more children to look after as well! :hugs:

good on you charliekeys, you'd be a superwoman having the energy for 3! :) So we're leaving our little man for the first time tonight! Don't know how i'll be leaving him - he's staying at his aunties while his mammy and daddy go out! Saying that, i'll prob be back in my bed fairly early, 1st time having a drink since last year! Anyone else left their lo's with family yet? How'd u find it? :)

I've not left Thomas with anyone yet. The first time will probably be on our Anniversary (November 5th). Our friends are having him :)

Having a hard time here at the moment :(

i think once u get a mouthy toddler the feelings of wanting more babies goes hahahaha

zanes driving me round the bend, im looking at corey and enjoying the time he cant move or chat back lol

id love to leave corey and go get very drunk lol, but ive not tried him with many bottles and i cant leave my boobs behind lol

We left lo on oh b'day a couple of weeks ago. I told my mam i wouldn't phone but i must have 12 texts.

Hi all, hope everyone is okay xx :flower: xx

Still having aggro with step daughter :( she's now going for tests to see if there may be anything medically wrong that's inducing her behaviours as she really is like a completely different child... I know it sounds awful but I actually hope they find something, cos then we'll at least have something to work with and hopfully get it under control with medication/therapy etc. If there's nothing wrong then she's really doing all these things on purpose, which I hate to say it but I don't want my children around her as she's not safe to be around them and they will start to pick up behaviours from her. My lil girl has already picked up on her hurting others and starting to copy :cry: the whole situation is so draining I feel permanently exhausted :(

On the plus side I have managed (just about) to keep the breast feeding going and it is starting to get a little bit easier now that he's starting to hold his head up more and can latch himself as soon as he's close enough lol, I love how when I have him up on my shoulder he gradually moves himself down across my neck and chest to get back in position for a bit more!!!! Cheeky lil bugger!!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->