August 2011 mummies! Our babies are here!

A video of Thomas giving smiles :D You should be able to see it as I've made it public :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2471702037083

Off to do some flylady now!

Congrats on the house moomin!

Sequeena love your new avatar pic!

I haven't had Bobbys red book out yet to compare weights but I know Bobby was heavier! I'm off to get Darcy weighed tomorrow, hoping that she will be over 9lbs now otherwise I think the HV will make me stop bf all together :( fingers crossed!

Thanks!

Mummy, Darcy seems to be around the same weight as Thomas and he's formula fed. Why would HV stop you breast feeding? Is she continuously losing weight?

Well today I had my first opticians appointment in over 3 years!! I've only been able to do this as 2 NHS cards (one for me and one for OH) were sent to us. I can't even remember applying for them? Or are they automatically sent out if you fit certain criteria? I'm lucky I went as my prescription has completely changed and the alignment or something in my eye has changed (I have an astigmatism). I went for basic lenses (would cost £45 but free with card) but need to have them thinned (jam jar lenses for me otherwise!). With the card it's £30. Think I'd have to pay around £60 normally.

Baby clinic tomorrow for Thomas. He must be over 9lbs by now, it's been 3 weeks since he was weighed. Must remember to book my 6 week PP check up too...

No she hasn't lost weight she just doesn't put it on very well - She is 7 weeks and hadn't even put on 1lb since birth yet. She was born on the 75th percentile and is now in the 9th percentile :shrug: I don't really understand what that means but get the impression it wasn't good?? I had to start topping up with formula to try and see if that helped so she now has 2 bottles of formula on top of her normal feeds. I feel like she has started to fill out this week though!

Well she's gaining and is healthy soooo .... I don't really see a problem :lol: and the HV can't make you stop bfing surely? xx

I know its ridiculous! All they are worried about is those silly little graph things in the back of the book and see she isn't following a 'normal' line if they were to just ignore it they would see I have a happy healthy baby!
No I suppose she can't actually make me but she said that if she carried on dropping down the percentiles we would have to make a 'plan of action' next week- I can only presume that would mean her having more formula :shrug:
Not gonna worry myself about it though, I know my bubba is ok!

You have reminded me in your earlier post to book my check up!! :thumbup:

my HV doesnt even bother with the chart, she just weighs corey n tells me how well we r both doing :) shes fantastic and really makes me feel good, shame theres so many shit ones out there!

That is so good! Think there need to be more HVs like that!

I feel like the MWs are all trying to encourage bf but there are to many HVs not supporting the mummies with it!

Sequeena, love the video of the wee smiler! He is sooo cute!!

HVs me annoy me. They have been a complete and utter waste of time this time round when I have needed them and when I had Olivia they were always about and being a pain in the ass

Because Olivia was on the 25th centile line and always has and had been I was constantly sent to the GP as they believed she was 'underweight'. I think the GP got fed up of me going about her weight. Her medical records will be full of visits about weight. I knew there was nothing wrong with her and they made me feel like rubbish.

Eventually after numerous trips to the drs they finally accepted that that was just the way she was and left me alone but they made my life hell for the best part of 15 months.

Isla is doing much better on the infant gaviscon but its making her constipated and ive no idea whats worse. :( She literally screams for hours in an evening until shes does a poo that will take her hours to do from start to finish.

have u tried giving isla water to help her go? or even lie her on her back and slowly bring her knees to her stomach. that should also help her go

Wow 15 months worth of doctors trips is a lot! Makes me laugh that it takes that long to see that the child in front of them is perfectly healthy!

As moomin said, try an oz of water to help Isla go!

hello im emee can i join please

jaycob callum zachary was born 2nd of august typical male though very lazy and was over due (due 19th july lol)and had to be dragged out with forceps lol, he totally not lazy now though as from about 2 weeks he can go a whole day without sleeping and just stares at everyone but i wouldnt change him for the world

Welcome emzee! Congrats on your little boy! Your little boy was born on my original due date (I was put back to the 4th at my first scan). I'll add you now :D

I have tried water, shes a bit of a pest trying to get her to take it.

She finally just settled. Bless her.

Welcome Emzee

xx

been a bit trigger happy lol thort id share sum lol u should c my facebook think my friends hate me clogging there news feeds

Attachments

• PICT0169.jpg
    PICT0169.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 5
  • PICT0168.jpg
    PICT0168.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 314735_10150314226889044_690324043_7877165_765370987_n.jpg
    314735_10150314226889044_690324043_7877165_765370987_n.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 2
Aww gorgeous pics Emzeebob.

My iphone is full of pictures! Im a sucker for taking them. :dohh:

xx

I'm the same!! Ah he's beautiful, he looks a lot like you!! X

Wow, was Thomas really this small at birth??

https://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/284003_2339620735133_1388356992_2739704_7231137_n.jpg

Hi Emee :wave: lovely pics!

Stef glad u got Isla settled in the end last night!

Ahh sequeena Thomas really was tiny! He looks like a little doll :cloudnine:

Had Darcy weighed today she is up to 9lbs 3oz :happydance: I was over the moon with that but of course it wasn't good enough for the HV. She now wants me to give Darcy 1-2oz of formula everytime before I bf her. Kinda makes me think what is the point in continuing bf if I am still going to have to do all the bottles and sterilising etc! She is coming to weigh Darcy at home next Tuesday to see how she is doing!

I missed baby clinic :growlmad: Today has generally been full of crap! Instead of helping clean (because OH insisted Thomas and I have a lie in) he was on his XBOX instead :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->