August 2011 mummies! Our babies are here!

Mummy L, are you going to give her formula, surely they cant force you to do that? I cant believe that they are trying to force you into it. I dont think i'd do it of I didnt want to. What about expressing some milk and seeing how much she takes, not for all feeds but might help. :shrug: I dont know much about it to be honest because i have never BF but I believe people should be able to feed however they feel, so im not against it in any way, its just not been for me iykwim?

Right ladies. Being a 2nd time mummy im going to sound like an idiot. But... have any of you started to get into a routine.

I had a superb routine with Olivia but I seriously cant remember how I managed to start it etc and when so...

Are any of you putting LO's upstairs in their moses basket/crib at 'bedtime' (this for liv was 7pm)

How often are you bathing LO?

Olivias routine is so tight that im finding it hard to start getting into one with isla and i cant remember for the life of me at what agew i started what with liv i just did it?

xx

corey has a bath with zane any other day.
he also goes to bed at 9pm in my bed by himself (we co sleep)

zane didnt have a routine till he was 5 months, and now he has a routine but im more flexible with zanes routine but i just do what ever with corey to fit around that as im not expecting him to be in a routine for awhile yet

No routine here. I co-sleep so he comes to bed whenever I do. I bath every other night then top and tail inbetween x

She has had two 3oz bottles a day for the last 2 weeks as a top up on what I give her and after speaking to my OH about it this evening we have decided to keep it at that for now. Darcy put 9oz on in the last 2 weeks which I think is great! She is a happy little baby so I am going on the assumption that she is getting what she needs, if she wasn't surely she would be miserable hey?

As for routines, we don't have one in place at the moment with Darcy she just fits in around Bobbys routine! She does have a bath every other night and a top and tail wash on the nights she doesn't have a bath.

At the mo, Isla also has a bath with Olivia every other night, but Olivia isnt really liking Isla in her bath as Isla still dosent like it and screams blue murder every time I bath her and then I end up with 2 crying.

I don't know whether I should bath one one night and one the other. :shrug: Would be so much easier if DH was around on a night to help.

I don't co sleep so at the moment I have my moses basket down here and take her up to our bedroom when I go to bed. I try to leave her in her moses basket after 8pmish apart from feeds etc but with this reflux it seems to be difficult as she has a screaming fit for several hours which starts in the evening, last night took me ages to settle her. She was still going when DH got home at 10:30pm from approx 7:30pm. Every time I thought id got her settled she would start again within 5-10 mins.

Shes starting to sleep longer on a night now which is fab, she wakes anywhere between 2-3am for a bottle then goes to between 6-7am

xx

u could always bath or top n tail isla when livy (really love the name livy, i wanted it if we had a girl) is in bed?

We've had 4 nights in a row with Taylor sleeping in her crib :happydance: I had to wake her up to in the middle of the night to feed her. The meds are working well for her reflux. I feel like a person again instead of a human couch.

think everyones busy with babies lol

corey is constantly on me but i enjoy the cuddles :D

still here, but just been reading not posting as jaycob is practically awake all the time, he was awake the other day for nearly 18 hours, hv isnt worried though

Busy here too.

Wow 18 hours? I thought Thomas being awake for 9 hours in a row as a newborn was bad!

hello ladies hope you are all doing good, the babies are looking lovely!
thanks for setting up sequenna, I was on the pregnancy forum but cleo is quite demanding and havent been on here in a while! can you add me to the front p`llease, Cleo Asai born 14.00 5th august, homebirth on her due date

you ladies are all making me jealous as cleo really doesnt sleep much! the best sleep she has is around 9 or 10pm until 1 but then after that I cant spend up untik 4 or 5am getting her to settle back to sleep and then we are up at 6 or 7 am! in the day she doesnt sleep longer than 20 mins catnaps unless we are out and she is in her sling!

Hi all. I've been busy too. I would normally read this during my night feed but Alexis is only up for a little while and then she settles so i just go back to sleep. Hope everyone is well and people are getting settled. ALSO.....How great are 1st smiles!!! :) it melts my heart everytime she does it :)

Jodie I added you :) glad to see you again, your little girl is beautiful!

Thomas is full of smiles here too :D and he's trying to giggle too I think! He's so much more alert now and is getting very nosey :lol: He has 6oz each feed now, my baby is growing big!

Hi everyone!
Been so busy here. Hope you're all good and enjoying your little ones.

I've been having a hard time with breastfeeding. Still sticking at it but giving him a top up of formula in the night as he is never happy.
He has been so much better today but I'm normally feeding him every hour.
It's getting to the point where I'm so tired I have no energy for anything and I have my two girls to look after.
Still giving him the nipple shields too as he's never happy without them.
I feel like it's my fault and I'm just not producing enough milk, but he seems to be growing perfect.
With my daughter, I enjoyed breastfeeding so much and managed to stick at it for 14 months, but this one I'm not enjoying it at all. I'm so tired.
But hopefully things will change and will get better soon.

All your babies are so cute. How quick is this time going?!?!?!?!

thanks sequeena :) ah its lovely isnt it when they giggle, cleo is already making little cooing sounds, melts me every time!

aw proudmommy its so hard isnt it, some days i literally do nothing but feed cleo and then in the end i think im actually trying to feed her when thats not even whats wrong anymore!
aw its not your fault! i totally understand though, sometimes i have to keep waiting for my milk to let down, she literally drinks every drop and i have to distract her until my body has made more and i get really upset, which is the worst thing!
but wow if you did 14 months then it really is a case of every baby being different! im hoping really hoping to get to 6 months if i can keep up with her appetite

thanks sequeena :) ah its lovely isnt it when they giggle, cleo is already making little cooing sounds, melts me every time!

aw proudmommy its so hard isnt it, some days i literally do nothing but feed cleo and then in the end i think im actually trying to feed her when thats not even whats wrong anymore!
aw its not your fault! i totally understand though, sometimes i have to keep waiting for my milk to let down, she literally drinks every drop and i have to distract her until my body has made more and i get really upset, which is the worst thing!
but wow if you did 14 months then it really is a case of every baby being different! im hoping really hoping to get to 6 months if i can keep up with her appetite

Aww, I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this but I'm sorry you're suffering too.
I don't think I'll manage it to 6 months to be honest with you. I'm thinking about putting him on formula next week. It's the only thing that makes him happy.
Last night I gave him 4 ozs of formula and he went 6 hours instead of every hour. Maybe it has something to do with my milk and I'm not making enough of it?! But after every feed he always has a mouthful of milk and it's all over his cheeks lol so who knows.
I really hope it gets easier for you :hugs:

its so common for little babies to be constantly to be on the boob, its mainly for comfort. i just see it as the more times u give formula the less milk ule make
during the day corey is always on if hes not sleeping, my poor boobs lol

but i no what its like to feel bf isnt working, my first was FF and theres nothing wrong with that, hes perfect.

im lucky because coreys doing so well with breastfeeding, he got weighed today and hes 10lb 8 1/2 oz :happydance: thats 3lbs since birth.

im feeling like a bag of crap today :( ive got a bad cold, zanes off nursery because he wanted to play with his new toys...he was 3 yesterday :D so no rest for the wicked

Hi everyone :flower:

Can I be added to the list please? Tadgh arrived 22nd August - 4 days early. He was 7lb 9.5oz born and had gone up to 9lb 5oz when last weighed at 3 weeks! He's a little pudding :haha: Few pics taken by DH's cousin when he was 1 week old... Hope everyone's enjoying their lil bubbas! :baby:

Attachments

• Tadgh9.jpg
    Tadgh9.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Tadgh10.jpg
    Tadgh10.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Tadgh12.jpg
    Tadgh12.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Tadgh6.jpg
    Tadgh6.jpg