August 2011 mummies! Our babies are here!

Hi all, I can't remember who mentioned these things so I'll just go with it.......... Breastfeeding makes me constantly hungry but it's becoming a habit to eat all the time :( Also Wiggles weight gain has slowed down and she has gone from the 75th percentile to the 50th. HV never said anything so she must be fine.
I think she is teething as well. Lots of drool and hand chewing but I don't know what I'm feeling for when looking for a tooth coming through.
For Christmas we are getting things she can grow into for the next year. A walker, a ball pool, a baby bouncer and some other things. Not much from us as she will be getting spoilt rotten from the rest of the family as she is 1st grandchild and great grandchild on my side.

I need a bit of advice. Since birth I have swaddled wiggles so she sleeps but now she is wiggling out during the night and ends up with no covers on and then she wakes up because she is cold. I think a grow bag is the best solution but how do I make the transition? She is fine falling to sleep in my arms without being swaddled but as soon as I put her down she jerks herself awake. I did this the other night, rocking her, putting her down, picking her up about 7 times before I gave up and swaddled her and she settled straight away. It is the security of the blanket that helps her settle but I can't swaddle her forever and have her waking up everytime she kicks her covers off.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Oh hun I don't know what to suggest as Thomas loves being swaddled :( how about putting a fleecy sleepsuit on her so she'll still be warm even if she breaks free of the swaddle?

Ashton and Parsons teething powder is a godsend!!! Thomas was up all night, screamed most of the morning and had only drank 3oz... I gave him the powder and he's now drank 8oz in total and is currently bouncing in his jumperoo :D

My OH also bought these teethers and they seem to be really good. Thomas loves chomping on them :D

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-O48Z4_n-sRk/TZHMk6ZmnCI/AAAAAAAAAD0/4r9L37p0N5c/s1600/Tommee-Tippee-Gummy-Teether---2-Pack---Blue.jpg

He got them in Tesco for under a fiver x

I need a bit of advice. Since birth I have swaddled wiggles so she sleeps but now she is wiggling out during the night and ends up with no covers on and then she wakes up because she is cold. I think a grow bag is the best solution but how do I make the transition? She is fine falling to sleep in my arms without being swaddled but as soon as I put her down she jerks herself awake. I did this the other night, rocking her, putting her down, picking her up about 7 times before I gave up and swaddled her and she settled straight away. It is the security of the blanket that helps her settle but I can't swaddle her forever and have her waking up everytime she kicks her covers off.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Since Tadgh's been born he won't have his arms tucked into blankets - insists on sleeping with them raised over his head! He gets put into his cot wrapped up in a blanket (wrapped under his arms, then his 2nd blankets goes over him, again under his arms and tucked in tightly to the sides of the mattress. He wears vest and fleecy babygro so arms aren't cold and blankets don't come off when he kicks as it's tucked in around the mattress :thumbup: Don't know if that helps!

E&C - her jerk reflex should disappear soon, so I'd try a sleeping bag! You could maybe even try putting her arms in under the sleeping bag rather than through the arm-holes until it disappears :)

eandc, re the swaddling can you get what I call swaddle wings? cleo has these growbag blankets made by an american company called Halo and they have an attachment with velcro to just do the swaddle effect on the arms? cleo has to wear these or she doesnt stay alseep I think its more her jerking awake than getting cold, not sure though

sequeena I need to find something like those teethers for cleo but the choice is so limited here!

we saw a jumperoo at the market yesterdy I was so shocked! but it was 650 soles (150quid) which seems loads how much are they in uk and how long does LO keep using it does anyone know?

Cleo has jabs in the morning :(

eandc, re the swaddling can you get what I call swaddle wings? cleo has these growbag blankets made by an american company called Halo and they have an attachment with velcro to just do the swaddle effect on the arms? cleo has to wear these or she doesnt stay alseep I think its more her jerking awake than getting cold, not sure though

sequeena I need to find something like those teethers for cleo but the choice is so limited here!

we saw a jumperoo at the market yesterdy I was so shocked! but it was 650 soles (150quid) which seems loads how much are they in uk and how long does LO keep using it does anyone know?

Cleo has jabs in the morning :(
I have bought 3 jumperoos/exersaucers (one for my parents house, one for upstairs, and one for downstairs) from the local resale shop and one off craigslist. I paid $20 for each of them, they are 3-5 times that new. And I never would have bought 3 for that price! I figure for the limited time they will be used and how easily they get bored of them I could disinfect it, use them, and probably sell them for $20 each when I am done! Any mommy groups that do swaps or anything in your area?

Hmmmm Cal does the whole, do not wrap my arms or I'll scream, and then jerks himself awake with his arms flailing. He either gets wrapped in a linen blanket arms out or I also have a merino sleeping bag with optional domed in arms if required. It just totally depends on his mood as to what we use.

I hope I can get Cal to take a teether as he will not go near a dummy. My FIL swears he can see and feel a tooth on the bottom. I'm not so sure. But Cal is super grizzly at the moment and drooling up a storm and chomping on my knuckles for comfort. 3 months seems so early.

Anyone else have a super-pooer. I mean ones that explode out of the nappies and up the back??? Cal also wet our bed today through 3 layers and a nappy :dohh: I feel I should double nappy him!!!

Good luck with Cleo's shots Jodie :flower:

Brand new from places like mothercare they're £94.99. I got mine on eBay brand new for £50. Try eBay!

Thomas had a poo explosion yesterday for the first time in over a month. I think it's related to the teething.

Alexis had a week of explosive poos. They went everywhere :( I think since she started sucking on cher hands she ate a bit of fluff and got a poorly tummy. It wore off after a week. She still does spectacular poos. I shudder everytime she farts! Lol.

Spoke too soon. Just had to strip her off and scrap it off her back.

lol darling me I like it! bargains! no mummy groups or anything like that here we live in Cusco and apart from tourists its really a mountain town! I miss out on all the baby group things :(

3months does seem early for teething but I always thought i got 2 teeth this age, mum checked my chart she still has and I was actually 6 months when they came through but i started teething at christmas which was 3 months so it might last a while before their teeth actually get here!

and yes re the poo! since cleo has been pooing once a day (5am great) it 80% leaks out everywhere and she needs fully stripping and washing. she's all smiles when the poo is everywhere kicking around it in but screams the place down when I wash her, strange girl!!

i dont mean 80% of the poo leaks out, i meant it leaks 80% of the time!!

Anyone's LO rolling over? My LO did once at 8 weeks, which I think was a fluke because he hasn't done it since! To be fair he does not lay flat often due to reflux so he doesn't often have the chance. He has good head control and sits up in the exersaucer kind of. Just wondered if anyone's LOs roll over? Any other milestones?

no rolling yet, she tries and then gets angry when she can't!
but laughing laughing laughing! oh my god yesterday she full on belly laughed at me for like 3 minutes it was amazing! i had sort of counted her previous giggles as laughing but they werent like this
she fell asleep at 5.30 yesterday after crying for an hour from the jabs, she was ok srtaight after them it seemed to affecther later this time.
shes a bit of a grump thismorning too bless her

Thomas is 14 weeks today and has no desire to roll whatsoever x

coreys been able to roll onto his side since birth but doesnt want to roll any further yet, but hes a right wriggle bum and is never where i leave him.

hes only laughed twice :( i cant wait to here him have a giggle fit.
ive not had him weighed for awhile so i need to get that done, i left him with my mum yesterday for 4 hours when i got my hair done, i could hardly express so i was nervous but he took the bottle well.
im now going to start expressing everyday n store it so i can leave him again.

Moomin Thomas hasn't giggled properly yet either. He's done it once for me and once for OH but that's it. He opens his mouth when he smiles like he's trying to laugh but nothing comes out.

hello

jaycob laughs loads 2, he rolls over aswell, when he sat on someone or propped on the sofa he tries to sit up its quit funny, cos he gets stressed,

the hv seys he has very strong legs cos he loves to stand up being supported, hes started grabbing things but its really funny cos its like his hand locks around it so he panics but then realises the rattle makes a noise and laughs, its sooo funny

is jaycob the oldest hes 15 weeks on tuesday (my wedding day yay)
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->