August 2011 mummies! Our babies are here!

i weaned zane at 4 months because he was ready but corey isnt so im waiting till 6 months :)

Not weaning here either. At my PND group's Christmas party I tried him qith a quaver, milk button and a rusk but all got BLEH type looks and his hand went back in his mouth... ok then child :lol:

My SIL's LO is eating. He's 24 weeks old and has 3 meals a day now I think but he has reflux so they started him at 17 weeks.

:xmas8:
I was asked to join all you august ladies! My wee one Danny was born on 30th August :p

Hi booda I added you to the front page :D Danny is our youngest August baby!

aw happy 5 months Kendon! he is the oldest I think as born early wasnt he? looking very cute!

eandc I havent started weaning, the recommendation is 6 months as you said, but they know some babies are ready from 4 months, but no way of knowing if you baby is or not so they say 6 for all to be safe. Most friends I have all weaned at 4 months or to be honest they did it more like 3 months. I'm waiting, its a personal choice, I might try at 5ish months if she seems ready but I want to do BLW and im a bit scared! Cleo is thriving on being exclusively breast fed so no hurry for me
4 months is a major growth spurt which many mistake as needing solids............ or so ive read doing my research haha!

Jodie, I'm the same, SILS baby is 7 weeks older than Isla and she started weaning 4 months she says but it was more like 3 and a bit, also has oz's of juice regularly too which he has since god knows when. I haven't even tried her with it, she seems very happy and content with milk so that's good enough for me.

I did wean olivia at something like 5 and abit months because she showed signs but tbh looking back I could have waited til the 6month recommendation probably. I'm just taking it all as it comes this time. Especially as she is our last.

Booda, welcome to the thread. X

Xx

I started my youngest on solids at 4 months because she had awful reflux and then my second at 6 months because she was showing no signs that she was ready till then. But J is also suffering with bad reflux and he seems to be ready now. He loves it. But all babies are different. All 3 children I've had, and not one has been the same.
I'm only giving him one to two spoonfulls of cereal a day for now, he will let me know when he's ready for more.

My hv says 6 months but not before 17 weeks :) We'll be doing a mixture of BLW and traditional weaning. I feel overwhelmed by the thought of weaning but it will be fine I'm sure... my SIL was talking me through it last night and it feels a bit clearer now.

That's how i feel. Just overwhelmed. I can cope with tiny baby but there are so many milestones you just don't think of.

Hey, could you please add me to the first page? Quinton was born on August 30th.

weaning is so easy so theres nothing to worry about..very messy but fun for them lol

Easy>! It seems anything but.... but I try to remember that adults can eat food without problems so weaning can't be that bad. Maybe I'll even get 3 meals a day too instead of just one haha

weaning is really overwhelming to me too! im really nervous about her choking amd a bit worried where to begin! thats also why im happy to wait till 6 months!

I tried her with some carrots and breastmilk (what a combination! Lol) and apart from some very strange faces she ate it all :)

Were the carrots pureed? I'm really excited about trying baby led weaning with Leo when he is 6 months old.. I'm more worried about other peoples reactions and comments I think! My mum, nan and MIL have already made it quite clear they think baby led is ridiculous because they're not going to be actually eating anything for a quite a while and they were looking forward to him eating lots of nice pureed home cooked meals!! Grrr xxx

We will be doing traditional weaning and baby led. My SIL said she'd been researching it and a mixture of both seems to be best. Wheee!

I pushed the carrots through a sieve. I want to wait til she is a littke older before she has finger foods. I just have a massive paranoia about chokeing :( I won't give her anything too big until i've done a first aid course.

HV said to me that doing both is actually just traditional weaning... because you give puree and actual food for that. BLW has to be no puree so they learn to chew first before they learn to swallow.. if you do both then it defeats the object of BLW if you see what I mean? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->