August 2011 mummies! Our babies are here!

wishing you better moomin!

sequeena it is scary its not the nicest of trips either! this one is 6months but we will marry within that time then I will get residency :happydance:

I'm really proud of myself at the moment as yesterday afternoon I took Cleo to a group of mums and babies who invited me as I met one by chance when we were eating in her and her husbands restaurant. I was so nervous I'm really shy with new people especially girls and especially groups of girls! but I dont really have any friends here apart from the party crowd from OH being a DJ and they all get home from nights out the same time I get up with Cleo! so I needed to do it but was really scared, but they were all so lovely and Cleo loved seeing all the other little girls :)

coreys feeding is still no better today.
hes still refusing the left side and im still scared about being bit again,so i think im going to make the switch to FF :(

jodie i also hate meeting new groups of girls, im glad u had a good time! the groups ive been to have been horrible so put me right off

good luck! do you know why he refuses one side? Cleo has phases like that and will only feed if I lay down with her so I wonder if its how Im holding her?

thank you :) oh no why have they been horrible? thats what I was worried about but in general people are a lot nicer here! there is one other english girl I was worried she's be a snob as they all have nannies etc here but they were all lovely
this is crazy but a nanny works 7am to 7pm monday to saturday and does everything all thecooking and cleaning too and only earns 700soles a month which is 165 pounds!!!!!!! isnt that mad? not that I want one I find it werid, even when her baby needing changing she called the nanny to come and do it??

i could never use a nanny! i wouldnt feel like a mum if i did. and that wage is crazy!

well i just tried feeding corey lying him on his back and soon as he got boob he bit me again :dohh: so ive had to express again....

i wouldnt mind if it was once in a while or the odd day but its been 2 weeks now hes refusing the left side, n when he did feed yesterday he bit me 5 times, once making me bleed. he will feed fine from that side during the night tho :wacko:

im just worried if i start to switch he wont take bottles :/ so i think everytime i need to feed from the ;eft during the day im just going to pump it out n bottle feed him so atleast my right side might get a break

I know thats what I say to OH why would I want anyone else doing my responsibilites, but he always offers to get one and all his friends think im strange I dont want one as its the norm here!

oh no what a nightmare!! but he takes the expressed milk from a bottle fine? so why dont you just keep expressing then he is still getting breastmilk and your boobs can stay intact!

sometimes he will take a bottle then other times he wont. ive only ever given him expressed milk.

he will feed ok for my mum but not me cuz he knows ive got boobs lol n he comfort sucks and doesnt have a dummy.

i went to feed him from his fav boob lol n he wasnt having none of it so i put on some teething gel n gave him a teething toy, left him for ten mins n hes gone on fine and is now asleep.

ile try the same on the left side for nxt feed...if it doesnt work im going to have to go down the expressing route.

i dont understand ppl who have nannies! id love the help but i just cudnt, it wouldnt feel right

Right ladies, passing through quickly. Have a lovely new year, see you in 2012! X

Happy New year all! still 7 hours to go for us!
xx

well so much for switching corey onto ff....he is now refusing bottles with expressed milk.

i tried to feed him from the left side and all he did was bite me, im running out of milk from the right feeding all the time so i am going to start on the baby rice from tomo i think and use my expressed milk to make that instead n that will hopefuly give my right boob enough time to make more milk :dohh:

bloody children lol

Happy New Year to you all.

BTW teething sucks monkey bum!! Alexis is just a horror because of it. I know it's not her fault and she is in pain but she just whinges and cries all day. I just wish they would pop through and at least let her have a bit of relief.

Can you add Cadence to this? She was August 15th, I didnt know about this group =)

zane was a fast teether so seen as coreys started early im hoping it will be fast for him.

corey still wont feed from the left during the day so my poor right boobs trying to catch up with coreys needs.
hes still not keen on bottles but is drinking out of a sippy cup once a day and he eat all his baby rice this morning.

ive got the hv tomorrow so i cant wait to rub it in her face that i was right n my baby is teething seen as without even looking at him she said he wasnt.

hes also now trying to crawl so im on the hunt for safety gates to put all over the house lol

Hello all.

Isla has joined the rolling brigade today :dance: :happydance: :dance:

She's getting so big already thoughm wish time would slow down a little, Cant believe im back at work this year either. Eugh, trying not to think about that.

I feel a little off colour at the minute myself. im bogged down full of cold, have a horrendous sore throat and a bad back. Nice.

Hope the rest of you are well.

Moomin make sure you rub it in Hvs face! I hate it when they think they know best!

Courtcourt welcome to the thread

xx

Thomas had his first taste of solids today. Fruity porridge. Was hilarious.

I will add you now courtcourt.

Alexis had banana today. She loved it! So she likes baby rice, banana and carrots (with booby milk). And she is not so keen on any jars she's tried or broccoli. She also enjoyed sucking on raw red pepper and apple. Our babies are becoming children.

oh ile be rubbing it in her face lol

coreys wanted less boob today n eat all his breakfast so im going to up his meals to 2 a day. i havent tried him with finger foods yet so might steam some sweet potatoe sticks for him

https://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/394456_3058972198470_1388356992_3224956_1924925493_n.jpg

my zane had that high chair :D ile warn u no its a bitch to clean lol

my zane had that high chair :D ile warn u no its a bitch to clean lol

LOL thanks! I got it from my cousin who only used it once. It seems ok so far, the trays come apart and the chair bit comes off so hopefully shouldn't be too bad to keep clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->