August 2011 mummies! Our babies are here!

Congrats in ur uni place :D

I've just had a call and final Zane is getting some counselling after being told for over a year there was nothing for him. So feeling really happy about that.

I really need to get Corey weighed

Stef well done on your uni placement!

moomin I'm glad Zane is getting counselling finally. It's such a faff, and th ey have such long waiting lists!! I waited 18 months and when a place finally cam up I'd just given birth :dohh:

Tomorrow we're viewing a house I'm soooooooooo excited!!

Also got Thomas some lovely clothes from the women on here. Under £10 for a top, jeans, dungarees, a jersey set and a mickey mouse top. Most are Next too!

stef thats brilliant news! well done :D

thats good moomin about Zane, shame they messed you about but at least they are doing something for hom now

wow bargain sequeena!

Cleo's been so clingy today im shattered ive literally taken her to the loo with me and everything she screamed if I tried to leave her anywhere

The nhs told me they couldn't help Zane, so it's actually only been one call to a independent counselling service and they said yes we will help, so wish I spoke to them sooner. I'm also going to tell my nhs counsellor to do one and I'm seeing a independent one too.

On a good note I didn't have to wait long to get my counselling as there's a huge mental hospital in Stafford, it's a very creepy place lol

Corey's caught my viral infection :( so I'm in for a horrible week

awww hope he feels better!! :( Poor Corey!

At least you've found someone that can help Zane - why do you think he needs counseling?

He's still missing his dad and gets very upset that he can't see him.
Early n he knew something wasn't right n I've told him daddy died n that he had to go to the sky. We can't see him anymore and heaven is just too far away. He's smacked his pics saying naughty daddy. He clings to me n said he doesn't want me to leave him to.
I've had a 3 yr old tell me he wants to die to go to daddy's new house.

There's so much more he's said that will take me too long to type, but I just need help making sure he's grieving n so he knows it's ok to cry and I think a counsellors perfect because they won't get upset about my oh they will just concentrate in zane

oh that nearly made me cry! Poor little boy - it must be so hard for him and for you as you're grieving too and this is your son. I can't even imagine how he's feeling! At least you can 'understand' and have a better grasp on 'understanding' death but he's just a little boy! I hope they can help him and you move forward.

Thanks girls!

Moomin that is fantastic about the counselling for Zane. Wish they did more to help children in that way as they do know something is not right but don't understand it, and wether its understood or not death is hard for any one to come to terms with. I had nothing like that as a kid and my dad died when I was 4 in a serious RTA and I used to get angry at times about it and used to also get upset in classes etc when doing topics such as my family etc in primary school.

Hope you get on much better with the independent ones.

Xx

Thanks girls!

Moomin that is fantastic about the counselling for Zane. Wish they did more to help children in that way as they do know something is not right but don't understand it, and wether its understood or not death is hard for any one to come to terms with. I had nothing like that as a kid and my dad died when I was 4 in a serious RTA and I used to get angry at times about it and used to also get upset in classes etc when doing topics such as my family etc in primary school.

Hope you get on much better with the independent ones.

Xx

Sorry to hear about ur dad and the fact u didn't get any help. It's like people assume cuz ur a child u don't hurt or need help, makes me so angry.

Well Corey made me bleed again tonight.....ouch! I really need to switch to formula lol

Oh moomin that's so sad about Zane saying he wants to die so he can go to his daddy's new house. That must break your heart :cry: poor little soul, he's so young and doesn't understand fully what's happened, but how are you meant to explain that to a child and get them to completely understand?

Well we didn't view the house today. The estate agent rescheduled it for tomorrow. I've been thinking about it more and I don't think we'll go for that house but it's worth a look.

Zanes made afew army lads cry like babies with the things he's come out with.
I've tried to say the right things but his counsellor will use play therapy and help him understand more.

I hate house hunting! So glad I never have to move again

aw moomin I want to cry reading that and give zane a big hug! so much he's been through. how old was he when Thomas died? they realise so much more than anyone gives credit for. when kacie died, my ex's sister was only 5 and she was badly affected as we were all very close with them, she started drawing babies in coffins (she wasnt at the funeral) and putting her dolls in boxes and having night terrors that she was going to die as well :( and honestly the things she used to say would just break my heart
hope the counselling is good for him, no matter how great you do it will be nice for him to have his own special attention without them having any feelings involved.

aw stef sorry to hear about your dad that must have been tough, people were much more of the attitude of getting on with it then and being "strong"

haha moomin you arent gonna switch to formula you know you wont! Cleo has bitten me a lot today but whatever i cant be faffiing with bottles now.

Zane had only just turned 2 when Thomas died but he knew something was wrong and didn't believe me when I said daddy's still at work. He got so ill with the stress, he had a ear infection for 3 weeks.

He's bit me a lot past few days so think he's teething again but ouch it hurt last night n then the next feed on the side the bled hurt so much, felt like a newborn feeding.
But yes I probably won't give up hahaha although I'm guna have to when he's closer to a year as in September I'm off to Ibiza kid free for a week :D

Jodie! That's so sad :( kids deal with so much! :(

We ended up in hospital with Thomas this morning. We realised he hadn't wee'd since about 2am but it could have been longer. He was floppy etc.

Thankfully in hospital at about 11am he finally wee'd. They gave him dyoralite which he hates but it seems to be helping? He's still so unhappy but they've let us come home.

The main bit though is the weight loss. Last month at baby clinic he was 16lbs 10oz. On Tuesday he was a lovely 18lbs 15oz but today he was 16lbs 9oz :( I'm not surprised really because it's just been running out of him but I am a little shocked. That's a 2lb 5oz loss.

Poor boy! Do they no what's wrong with him?
Hope he feels better soon

They think he has rotavirus :( which sucks but it's pretty common from what I've been told.

I calculated his weight wrong he's 7.6kg - 16lbs 7. :(

What did they say about his weight loss? They should have been concerned if he had lost THAT much in a few days? Poor boy

Rotavirus is a bitch! Zane had it when he was 8 months and I caught it off him, was a horrible 2 weeks.
These things are so common and nasty.

For us it's like someone's took my baby and put a big boy in his place, can't believe how much he's changed in a matter of days. He looks too small to be crawling around playing with toys and fighting with his brother hahaha

poor Thomas! thats quite a lot to lose isnt it? bless him. they give drops here for rotavirus with her jabs, do you not get them? also I noticed the jabs she is due to have 7 and 8 months is for influenza, is it routine to vax for that in UK?

Moomin you better start eating a load or you are gonna waste away chasing after those two boys lol!!

No we don't vaccinate for influenza here.

Today I've started working out:bodyb: I'm so unfit and need a bikini body for my girls holiday to Ibiza in september :happydance:

I eat like a pig Jodie lol but I'm one of those people others hate cuz I can't gain weight, not as great as it sounds when u look ill.

Corey the bugger yesterday only napped for a hour, today I need to go out to buy milk n he's fast asleep, always the way lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->