~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

I'm doing great! I got another call from the doc's office and yesterday's numbers were 7650. That's up from 96 on the 9th. I am so excited. Things are doubling like they should, and even though my numbers are a little behind they are doing exactly what they should be doing!

Yay, thanks for doing the signature Lildreamy! I love it!

All is good here, still no symptoms. I'm hoping they hold off till after Christmas to be honest!

I'm a bit disappointed though, I spoke to the community midwife team who I was with for my last pregnancy, and because I had a c-section on my last pregnancy (because baby was breech) I am not classified as low risk and so I will have to go with standard medical care. Really would have preferred midwife care again but what can you do? She's going to check with her boss on Thursday but she didn't sound hopeful. I was also half thinking about homebirth as a possibility but I contacted a couple of independent midwives today and apparently the fact that I had a c-section rules me out for that too. :(

Aw Polaris sorry to hear that. :nope:
I would think you would be able to get midwife care until it is concidered high risk.
I never understand these things, and the rules people make up are beyond me.

katrinalorien, That is AWESOME news!!!

Polaris, sorry to hear you can't use a midwife :( I'm sure you will still have an excellent level of care :) Do you think there's an option still for a VBAC?

Hi ladies, I hope I can still join? I'm due August 9 with my first baby! It took us 3 months of trying to get pregnant. I found out I was pg at 9 dpo but had a bleeding scare the day my AF was due- bright red blood! It didn't last long but it still scared me and I went to the ER. I had my hcg checked at 13 dpo: 164 and at 15 dpo: 372, so thins should be fine! My first appt is jan. 5!

Welcome Ash :hi: Of course you can still join! :D

Congrats on your :bfp: and glad your little bean is doing great!

Maternity care in Ireland is very medical and most people will be under a doctor rather than a midwife. There are very few midwife-led services and so they are only for people who are totally low risk apparently. I'm a bit disappointed because I do think that it will decrease my chances of managing a VBAC. However it is still an option to try for a vaginal delivery so hopefully everything will go smoothly and I will get the normal delivery that I was hoping for last time.

Katrina - those numbers sound great, great news!

Welcome Ash, congratulations on your pregnancy.

oooo i love our little glittery banner!

IS anyone else having trouble sleeping? i almost feel like i have insomnia! its horrible because i am so much more tired then normal as in almost passing out mid afternoon but as soon as i lay in bed at night im wide awake.

yay on 2.5 more days of work to go then 10 days off, i cant wait.

What is everyone doing over the xmas/NYE break?

No troubles sleeping here... except I wake up once a night now to pee... grr!

Today I am having so much CM... it's kinda icky! And these cramps are weird, kinda like in the pelvic area. Lots of stuff going on to get ready for baby I'm sure! I am also officially late for AF by now.. if she was coming she'd have been here after lunch!

As for Christmas, my OH's family is coming over for dinner... we are having a turkey AND a ham (there'll be 9 of us), 2 pies, a cheesecake, and a zillion cookies. TOO MUCH FOOD. Oh well, I <3 Xmas leftovers!

Foxy, I couldn't sleep last night either! I was literally awake for hours. Although mine is partly because my jaw was quite sore (after the accident). But I was thinking the same, that how come I'm exhausted all day and then tossing and turning all night? Not fair!!

Hi everyone don't get chance to come on very often so just had a catch up on what's been happening congrats to all the BFP

I have got to say my mood is crap lol I'm so grumpy not even meaning to be just very tierd and have stopped smoking so think my Partner is thinking god help him lOl I have my first doc appointment on Friday do t emember it being that early 5w 4d
SEnding you all dust and luck xx

I have problems going to sleep at night. It's horrible! I don't usually end up falling asleep until Midnight! But then I don't wake up until 0700. But it might be due to me sleeping 3 hours during the day. :wacko: I can't help it.. I sort of just pass out. Lol.

My sense of smell is beyond rediculous! I'm going to puke probably before bed. I live on the 3rd floor, and they painted an apartment on the first floor, and it is SOO STRONG in my house. And the smell is horrifying! it reminds me of Casteroil. It get's my stomach churning, and I'm sure if I think about it to much I will hurl. :nope:

We're just having our little family Christmas. Me, Oh, bean, and our 14 month old. We are in a different country from family soo... Not much choice. :/

Still haven't decided what I want to cook for Christmas. OH wants a HAM... but not sure I can stomach it. I would so LOVE steak!! HAHA. I know not really an Xmas meal... but my do I want one! Gonna cook Corn on the Cob, Mashed Potatoes, Maybe some Candied Yams, Collard Greens, Pecan Pie, and a Cheesecake and Christmas Cookies. Mmm Mmm AND probably a green bean Casserol (drool Mmm).

Hi everyone don't get chance to come on very often so just had a catch up on what's been happening congrats to all the BFP

I have got to say my mood is crap lol I'm so grumpy not even meaning to be just very tierd and have stopped smoking so think my Partner is thinking god help him lOl I have my first doc appointment on Friday do t emember it being that early 5w 4d
SEnding you all dust and luck xx

I quit smoking too... I know I know, I shouldn't have been doing it in the first place... I guess I was in denial that this pregnancy would really happen! As soon as I found out though I quit cold turkey. It was easy to do when I thought about how I was helping my baby! <3

Well done u it not easy but will be worth it
My one promise to myself and little bean is that I'm not going to start again after the birth :thumbup::dust:

Hi I am also due august, nhs calculator says 29th buy doctor says 23rd. I am just
So excited but also a worrier and thinking of all the worst things! It's lovely to see so many positive comments on here though so looking forward to experiencing this with you all. Wishing a happy healthy 9months to us
All
X

Does anyone know if we can have brandy sause not sure if it actully has brandy or just flavouring

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->