~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

There are plenty of women who nurse the whole way through pregnancy and then tandem nurse both baby and toddler, so it's definitely not true that your milk will dry up when you become pregnant. This can happen sometimes when the older child is a lot older and feeding much less frequently (maybe once a day) but it won't happen with a six month old who is still feeding very frequently. The milk does change during pregnancy and some older babies don't like this much and will choose to wean during pregnancy but I doubt that this would happen with a baby under a year old.

However, be warned that your cycle may not return after six months if you are breastfeeding. I didn't get AF back until Thomas was about 15 months and even after that it took another few months before my cycle really went back to normal. Breastfeeding isn't a reliable form of contraception as some women do get their cycle back very quickly - but for me it definitely was, there was no way that I was getting pregnant as I wasn't ovulating and even after AF came back my LP was very short for the first few months.

Thanks everyone. :flower: I know breastfeeding isn't a reliable form of contraception and we'd be delighted to have another little one close in age as long as it doesn't affect Abigail's ability to nurse. And if it does work as contraception, then that's great too. We're just leaving it up to nature really. We had a rough time conceiving to begin with so the NTNP thing likely won't work for us anyway but at least now after all the bloodwork and tests we know what needs to be done in order to get pregnant when we really do want to start actively TTC.

I would definitely like to have mine close together... so I hope it works for both of us!!

I am the opposite: the pill did not work for me (obviously for contraception and emotionally) so I'm looking for a non-hormonal method that is reliable. I am excited to have my baby, but I really cannot afford another baby.

I went to see a musical revue tonight. Baby loved it. (at least I hoped so) He was squirming and moving the whole time. I hope he likes music!

Abigail always goes crazy when I'm around music too! Especially music other than the radio like the band playing at DH's graduation for his Masters.

lyric - Mirena isn't hormone free but I loved the Mirena and would use it again if we decided to use birth control again. Or there's the copper IUD too. I haven't done any research on it but it's considered non-hormonal. Good luck.

nothing much to add just wanted to let u all know i'm still here lol x

If you want a coil put in, when do they do that? I got the impression from the midwife that they can do it in the hospital right after birth while the cervix is still open?

I had one before I ever fell pregnant and they got it through my cervix okay - just felt like a little bee sting as it went in. I can't decide whether to have one or not and if so, when I need to have made my mind up by. I know they come and talk to you about contraception in the hospital but just not sure whether they pop it in while you are in for the birth - anyone know? I assume you can have it while breastfeeding and it'd be okay?

Pregnancy is just getting to me finally.
Had an easy pregnancy this whole time until now. Lol.

Feel like a big fat cow, look like a big fat cow, and everything hurts. :haha:
Now I'm getting morning sickness... seems a bit late to be getting that.
And heart burn to where it feels as if my chest is going to burn out of my chest. >:l

But I''m sure this next month and a half will fly by. :D
Will all be worth it in the end.

I know how you feel MyEmma... I am so ready to be over with this already! I just want my little man to be here!

Can I be the first to say.. We're having our babies next month...Woo Hoo..

I can't wait! These last few weeks have flown by, hoping the next few do too. We'll be starting on decorating our nursery soon, just waiting for the plasterer to come and sort the crumbling walls out first! Hopefully I can throw myself into that to make time feel like it's passing by more quickly. I'm so excited, so happy to finally be able to say I'm giving birth NEXT MONTH. Can't wait to meet my little boy!!

Yay!! We can all officially say that we are due next month!!!! Happy July!

I can't believe it takes me so long to pop back in here. lol I know that convo is passed but I sympathize with the mouse fears. We had them briefly after my dd was born (we've not been in that house for years - moved not too long after), and I couldn't sleep for fear. I'd make sure to wipe her face and hands extra well and then laid awake all night in fear that I'd missed some small scent of baby cereal on her face and I'd find them chewing on her. It was a nightmare!

So glad your OH is on board with trying to get rid of them b/c they really are little demons! Especially since that is something that can get your kids taken away here in the states if you accept living like that. My grandparents are just filthy people (they don't seem to know that), and live in a house under layers of stuff and dust, dead bugs and the like. I've only had my dd over to visit them twice and believe me, I was wiping like everything with sani-wipes while we were there. It is like hoarders, I think - when you accept that lifestyle (or close to) for yourself, you cease to see the problem anyone else would have with it. Best of luck on that!

Happy July to us all! :) :) :) I'll be curious to see how all of these yellow babies come out. Yellow mommies are so much more patient than I could ever be! hehe Kudos!

OMG yes I hadn't thought of that as it rolled over to July today - NEXT MONTH!!!!

I splashed out and got a Yummy Mummy changing bag, bit extravagant but its absolutely gorgeous! It arrived this week and I just packed it all yesterday. DH has got a black 'man bag' changing bag for when he takes baby out!

I've half packed baby's hospital bag, just got to do mine this week - 44 days to go for me!

Ooooh - I need to start thinking about my hospital bag. I think I have most things for it but need to start putting it together.

MyEmma - I empathise with you. I'm having a tough week this week - I'm sure it will get better in a few days but I've been really feeling it - heartburn, swollen hands and feet, carpal tunnel in my right arm/hand, back ache, not being able to sleep and then last night I had sickness and stomach cramps/loose bowels too. I'm ready for this journey to be over and the new one to start!

Having said all that - I wouldn't change anything! I'm pregnant and so happy to be so. I'm just so eager now to meet my little fella!

MyEmma - I empathise with you. I'm having a tough week this week - I'm sure it will get better in a few days but I've been really feeling it - heartburn, swollen hands and feet, carpal tunnel in my right arm/hand, back ache, not being able to sleep and then last night I had sickness and stomach cramps/loose bowels too. I'm ready for this journey to be over and the new one to start!

This all sounds very familiar, although I have to say, being off work now is making it a lot easier, I have plenty of time to get stuff done so I am no longer pushing myself and I feel a lot better for it.

I have started buying stuff/organising stuff for my hospital bag but OH and I are going to get it all together next week as we want to go away for a few days this month and I have my mum coming to visit so that pretty much takes up all of july and if the little tyke is anything like me he'll come early.

I have just started packing a bag for the baby but hadn't really thought about my hospital bag yet as i didnt actually open it with my last labour and I am hoping that this labour is similar! I am still nesting like mad but at a slightly slower pace as I am shattered ... just started organising and de-cluttering our understairs cupboard I cant believe how much rubbish we have accumulated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->