~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

gardens - feeling a bit ready. Got our stroller, carseat and crib, and a bouncer chair. Still need a high chair, changing table and I would love a rocker for the baby's room. Oh and the breast pump (like anyone would buy that as a present hahaha) I think we are about halfway there on cloth diapers. Would love a swing but its not completely necessary...

We have tons of giftcards though, so we will be able to use those...

OH i just remember that we need a moniter.. wow its a good thing I did this post!!

How many of you are doing those video monitors? Do you think its worth it?

Hey, you never know! My stepdad's parents got me the breast pump! :haha:

I'd still love a rocking chair but we'll see. It's not a necessity. We didn't get a video monitor since they're so much more expensive. We chose the AngelCare sound and movement one though. My dad and stepmom got it for us. :)

Wow! I'm surprised that you got a breastpump from the shower :haha: that actually would be wonderful though...

My parents have offered us the use of their rocking chair while they are gone, so hopefully I can use that... and I don't need a high chair right away after all yes?

My grandparents have offered us one "big item" no matter the cost, but after all the other showers so that it doesn't double up. So I'm waiting to see what to get. And DH said he might build a changing table... actually I have thought before that him building it carries some sort of wonderful charm to it. :D

Yeah my first baby shower is this weekend! I'm soo excited! My mom bought us our crib and changing table. His mom bought us our travel system. We got a bouncer in the mail from a friend who couldnt make the shower and our monitor from my aunt who will be out of town. (we got the angel care sound and movement one to).

We moved into our new place last weekend and I spent the week unpacking and getting Stella's nursery painted. Almost done with painting but I have a few more spots before I can be satisfied. Haha. I'm so excited to have the room painted so the Dh can put the crib and changing table together! We have her bedding so I can't wait to put it all together! I also made her a bow holder, and hanging letters that spell her name. I will post pictures as soon as we are done. Hope you all have a great weekend! :)

Wow! I'm surprised that you got a breastpump from the shower :haha: that actually would be wonderful though...

My parents have offered us the use of their rocking chair while they are gone, so hopefully I can use that... and I don't need a high chair right away after all yes?

My grandparents have offered us one "big item" no matter the cost, but after all the other showers so that it doesn't double up. So I'm waiting to see what to get. And DH said he might build a changing table... actually I have thought before that him building it carries some sort of wonderful charm to it. :D

Yea, it was kinda awkward opening a breast pump at the shower but we're all women so no biggie! I knew someone had bought it because it disappeared off the registry but had no idea who. And that's true you won't need a high chair right away. My DH's sister got us the high chair and I started to pull it out of the box to put together and then realized Abigail isn't going to use it for at least eight months from now anyway (when she's about 6 months) so I left it in the box for now.

A homebuilt changing table would definitely be sweet. :) Very generous of your grandparents! And good idea to wait. I got home from our shower and went shopping online with the gift cards we had received. One of the things I bought was a diaper genie. Last night we received two! The one I ordered with a gift card and one from someone who couldn't make it to the shower. OOPS! So now I have to return one and exchange it for something else. I'm thinking a Moby wrap/sling because I've heard they're great or possibly toward a rocking chair. Haven't decided yet though. I have to see if there's even room in Abigail's room for a rocking chair after we get the other things put together!

Those of you who are already moms, would you recommend a moby wrap or sling? I really want one but not sure if it's necessary.

I also still have to purchase a travel system. Both my boyfriend and I really would like the Britax B-Agile system (my grandma is paying). Did anyone happen to purchase that one? I'm just curious. :D

Hope everyone is ok.

I can't believe i'm 34 weeks today! :happydance: this pregnancy has flown by.
We can't wait to meet our little girl.

How are you all doing?

Welcome Hensley's Mom and congrats on your little blue bundle.

heres my little chunky girl x x :happydance:

Attachments

• 553960_320789461349132_1502694048_n.jpg
    553960_320789461349132_1502694048_n.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1
just wanted to say hi! :wave:
and congrats to everybody on your bumps! :happydance:
and sorry to all those with angels :( :cry:
im happy to say im expecting an august firefly! :cloud9: :baby:
hope all goes well with all you births! :hugs:
not long now! :haha:
xxx

Emma I am so glad to see you here!! Welcome! I think your sprite is so adorable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->