~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Afternoon ladies :wave:

I've been taking the RLT tablets for the last few days. Two a day - one in the morning and one at night. I'm going to slowly up the dose as the weeks go by.

Is anyone going to try evening primrose oil?

Hi! I'm taking EPO. :flower:

Are you taking it orally or are you placing it in your hoo-haa (!!)... I've heard that you can do both? I've bought some but haven't taken any yet...when did you start and how much are taking?

I've been taking the RLT tablets for the last few days. Two a day - one in the morning and one at night. I'm going to slowly up the dose as the weeks go by.

Are you taking it orally or are you placing it in your hoo-haa (!!)... I've heard that you can do both? I've bought some but haven't taken any yet...when did you start and how much are taking?

Right now I am just orally taking it. I will start hoo-haa insertion (LOL) at 37 weeks. I just don't want to risk it by starting internally to early. I started 2 days ago so at 34 weeks. I am taking it twice a day and will up to 3 at 36 then add vaginal at 37. I'm hoping it works.

Right now I am just orally taking it. I will start hoo-haa insertion (LOL) at 37 weeks. I just don't want to risk it by starting internally to early. I started 2 days ago so at 34 weeks. I am taking it twice a day and will up to 3 at 36 then add vaginal at 37. I'm hoping it works.

Sounds like a plan - I might join you in that. Mine are 1000mg - are yours the same?

What are these tablets you ladies are taking??

Raspberry leaf tea - which can be taken as a tea or in a capsule and Evening Primrose Oil.

The RLT is supposed to do something to the cervix to make the second stage of labour i.e the pushing (!) easier. Whether it does or not, I'm not sure but I figure that there is no harm in trying.

The Evening Primrose Oil is also supposed to prepare the cervix - you can take the capsules orally or vaginally.

I've been taking the RLT for a few days but haven't started on the EPO yet. I was going to wait until 36 weeks but might start them in the next day or two.

Hope this helps....?!

Do you think it'd be ok at 35+3 weeks to go on a mini weekend vacation? My boyfriend and I wanted a mini "babymoon" but it works out that the only weekend that works is the last one this month. We would leave Saturday morning, spend the night and come back Sunday evening. The place in question is about 2 hours away from home and the hospital. I really would like to go but worried it's too far. Do you ladies think that's ok?

I think my boyfriend and I finally picked out a name we really like. :) I'm really happy about that.

Oh, and the mice problem is being taken care of. :) I'm so relieved they're doing something about it!

Do you think it'd be ok at 35+3 weeks to go on a mini weekend vacation? My boyfriend and I wanted a mini "babymoon" but it works out that the only weekend that works is the last one this month. We would leave Saturday morning, spend the night and come back Sunday evening. The place in question is about 2 hours away from home and the hospital. I really would like to go but worried it's too far. Do you ladies think that's ok?

I think my boyfriend and I finally picked out a name we really like. :) I'm really happy about that.

Oh, and the mice problem is being taken care of. :) I'm so relieved they're doing something about it!

Have you had a pretty uncomplicated pregnancy so far? I don't see why not since it's just one weekend. My Dr. won't let me go more than 30 minutes away, but I have had several complications. Hoping your Dr/midwife let's you go!

Do you think it'd be ok at 35+3 weeks to go on a mini weekend vacation? My boyfriend and I wanted a mini "babymoon" but it works out that the only weekend that works is the last one this month. We would leave Saturday morning, spend the night and come back Sunday evening. The place in question is about 2 hours away from home and the hospital. I really would like to go but worried it's too far. Do you ladies think that's ok?!

I am 33 weeks pregnant and planning to head away (3hrs drive from home) next week with hubby. I will just make sure I have hospital bag in the car and notes with me. If i was to go into early labour there are plenty of docs and hospitals near were I am going.

I think, if you are having a low risk-pregnancy, you should be fine.

I agree - you'll be fine if your pregnancy is low risk. DH and I are hosting a 5 day/4 night camping trip with 120 people in a couple weeks - I'll be 35/36 weeks along. It was planned before we conceived and everyone has already paid for it so we're definitely going. It's 3 hours to the closest Kaiser from the campground but after the first trimester, we've had an extremely uncomplicated by-the-book pregnancy. (First tri I had low progesterone and high blood pressure) I already have my hospital bag all packed and ready to go with everything I'll need as well as essentials for Abigail and snacks for DH. I always have it in the car with me. Abigail's carseat is already in the car and ready for her. I have two sets of hospital admitance paperwork and birth plan - one on file with the hospital we'll deliver at if we're home and a set in my hospital bag in case we're out of the area. We're definitely prepared but I'm assuming it will be an uneventful trip pregnancy wise. :)

Okay. Thanks everyone! I will ask my doctor then. I'm pretty sure it'll be ok because I've had no issues. I'll just make sure to pack a bag in case of an emergency and have the car seat ready. :)

Enjoy your vacation! I might look up hospitals that are on your insurance before hand. Glad the mice are being taken care of!

Anyone elses morning sickness suddenly returned? :sick:

Anyone elses morning sickness suddenly returned? :sick:

yes this morning i nearly threw up :( i am feeling soo nauseous :sick: i had it really bad all the way through my first tri, and half way through my second. :( x

yep. yesterday it started again! :(
lyd, sorry i didn't text back last night! i'll text you in a bit x

Ugh morning sickness... but at least for now its just in the morning!! In first/second tri it seemed to be all day long.

The morning sickness hasn't bothered me, but the sciatica sure does. I can barely walk and I hate it! I don't know what to take to make it feel better as I don't want to take meds. Sorry for those with morning sickness. It sucks. :(

Ah man you have sciatica... I am so sorry hun!! :( That has got to be the worst pregnancy symptom ever. I really feel for you.

Katrinalorien: Yeah, it really hurts. I'll be glad when my baby is born. I've been swimming and it's a lifesaver!

Has anyone had a growth scan lately? I'm just wondering how one baby compares to the weights of my twins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->