~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Yep! Abigail will be eight weeks on Tuesday and is growing like a weed! Has gained four pounds and three inches already! She is a wonderful little girl with such a calm and alert personality!

I miss all of you! Hope you and your babies are doing well! Hoping maybe we can keep chatting and updating eachother!

Stella is 7 weeks old today and doing well. Oh she just woke up. Update more later

HappilyaMrs- I LOVE your avatar!!! How cuuuute!!!! :flower:

Scarlett is doing wonderful!!! She just hit 3 months old on the 14th! Can't believe she's 3 months already!!!! She's still behind on some of her milestones which is normal for a preemie. She still doesn't have a social smile, doesn't keep eye contact very well, and isn't interested in toys but! She can hold her head up sooo well! She loves to push up with her legs and try to stand up!! I think she might be an early walker if she keeps this up!!! :cloud9: She is a wonderful baby and is very relaxed! I get comments all the time in public of how good she is :) at her two month check up she was 11lb 5 oz (5.14 at birth) and DH and I weighed her on our scale last week and it said she was 13lb! Her ped said that if she was formula fed he'd tell us to cut back but since she's 100% breastfed she's just a healthy girl!!! I just can't get enough of this little one! Everything I've ever dreamt of and more!!! :cloud9::cloud9: looking forward to more updates of everyone's LO's!!! :flower:

Hiya! I was thinking about posting on this thread the other day but didn't for some reason:shrug: baby brain!

Julian is 11 weeks old on Monday. I can't believe how quick it's gone! He's doing really well. He's so well behaved! Everyone comments on how he never cries etc.
He's smiled for a while now, but he's gotten sooo smiley over the last few days! It's the sweetest thing ever :cloud9: He's also extremely strong, constantly trying to stand and sit up. He's starting to crawl already! Well, move. Lol. He has this little shuffle. It takes him a while, but he is seriously set on moving!
He's slept from 9pm til anywhere between 4am and 6am, then goes back to sleep straight after feeding until around 9-10am since he was about 6 weeks old, so we're really appreciating the sleep! He's still EBF, but he's gone from the 50th, to the 25th, to the 9th centile in 4 weeks :( The HV thinks it's just because he put on a lot (just over half a pound a week) in the first few weeks, and now his weight gain's just settling down. The last 2 weeks he gained 6oz, and she said 3-4oz a week is what they're happy with, so he's just scraping it. He now weighs 10lb 11oz. If his gain doesn't even out in 2 weeks I may have to supplement once a day with formula :(

Anyway, I seem to have rambled on a bit! I'm glad you ladies are all doing well!

Here's a new-ish picture of little man! (I did his hair ;) )
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Vi70Tz91iTE/UHSjE6RVS6I/AAAAAAAAALQ/2OTLuHR_BQo/s320/DSCF0330.JPG

Hi ladies!! I miss you all too. Abigail is doing wonderfully and growing so much. She was in the 5th percentile at birth and is now in the 30thish on only breastmilk. She was born about four weeks early so she is meeting some milestones but is behind on others. Like she will steady her head when she is held sitting up but rarely does during tummy time. She'll lay with her head down to the side instead even with toys to look at. She loves standing with support though. And as much as I love her smile, I'm still waiting for that adorable giggle!! I absolutely LOVE her to pieces though!! :cloud9:

Hi ladies! Little Karlee turned 2 months old yesterday. Wanted to say hi and check on all your little ones.
Gardenofeden: I am so glad your little girl is doing so well! My LO also isn't holding her head at tummy time but does great when I hold her. She is now eating 4 oz at a time and last night she slept from 10:30pm to 7 am.

My little bruiser, Joshua, is 6 weeks and 2 days old, he finally came on the 7th sept (was I the last one?)

He is 11lbs 7oz ( well he was 5days ago) he is eating huge amounts. Often 6oz in one go and about 7 feeds a day. I mean he has had 5 feeds since 9am this morning! I can't keep up so he is on a mix of breast and formula, all from a bottle though as his colic was worse when he was on the boob.(he kept coming off, getting angry and gulping air)

He's not sleeping through the night but sleeps for 5 hours so I get a good kip between night feeds. He's smiling, cooing and holding his head up when he can, still floppy tho!

Good to catch up with you all xx

Emma- oh my gosh Julian is soooo cute! I love his hair style!

Ak- I love Scarlett's chubby cheeks!!!

So glad everyone is doing well! Stella is truely the little love of my life. I still haven't left her which is partly because I have been breastfeeding and partly because I can't bear the thought of it yet.

she is holding up her head really well and smiling and cooing all the time. its adorable!

so weird but I kinda miss my prego belly. Didn't think I would miss it but I loved just rubbing my belly and knowing my daughter was right there kicking away.

daddy time.jpg
punkin.jpg
397317_10100541779865873_1158628973_n.jpg

Happily - Last night was the first time I left Abigail and it went alright. Like you, I just didn't feel ready and had no need to so I didn't. Last night I left her for 3.5 hours to go to class and we both survived. :) I'm in class again this evening and am a bit more hesitant because Abigail seems to have caught on and is acting very antsy with DH. Hopefully tonight's class won't be long and she'll be okay!

Just wanted to share a new picture of Karlee

Attachments

• 29815_544266078932341_541198350_n.jpg
    29815_544266078932341_541198350_n.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1
New pictures of Julian :)

I'm glad you ladies are all doing okay! I miss being pregnant. Not the 6 week pre labour and sickness, headaches, back ache, lack of sleep etc, but I miss my little 5-6month bump, and feeling him kick and stuff. I feel like I could protect him more when he was inside me and now he's all vulnerable!

Anyway, here's my little smiler!

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_q4DBKSZVMk/UIevEs74X1I/AAAAAAAAAN0/3mmWJZ-j2mg/s320/DSCF0401.JPG

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-P5ZE_85Qtx0/UIevMQmhMFI/AAAAAAAAAN8/T3dXBXMe4wA/s320/DSCF0400.JPG

I miss being pregnant too...but I had a super easy pregnancy. Hopefully the next one will be as well! Not ready to find out quite yet though! :) Maybe in 6-7 more months! :)

I miss being pregnant too, b/c even the hospital stays etc were so special. Hubs is scared to lose me, so I agreed to and had my tubes tied. It is the only time I've been away from MyLinda (My mom watched her for approximately four/five hours). It was an awful day. I cried the weeks up to it - especially the week of - and wept like I'd just come from a funeral for three full days after. I'm doing much better since then, and tell myself "Well, it is reversible so either I reverse it in two years when it is safe to conceive, or I'll be soooo okay with it by then." lol I have a hunch it will be the latter, b/c we wanted to stop around age 35, and I'd be right below that. SO, with it having taken seven years to conceive naturally, chances are I'd pay to reverse it and then never fall pregnant again! lol

Anyway, MyLinda baby is doing beautifully. She is 12 weeks now, and at her check up last week was 14 pounds 3 ounces, and 24 1/2 inches long. She's gained 6 pounds 1 ounce since we brought her home, and grown 4 inches already! Mercy! lol She coos and smiles (which I can never catch b/c she frowns at the camera or looks really skeptical), and does her own thing sleep-wise. She only poops every few days, but the doctor said that is normal and okay for a breast-fed baby b/c they're using up every bit of their dinner.

I hope to be breast only (no cereal) as long as possible. So far, so good - she shows no sign of dissatisfaction. :) I also hope to breastfeed on top of baby food/etc as long as possible. I'll go until she stops, so hopefully that won't be before 12 or 18 months. Knowing this is my last, I am practicing attachment parenting this time (lightly), and catering to her every whim. Some ladies caution me against that b/c she won't separate easily when it is time for her to use her own bed, but who cares? They are only little for such a short time, and the rest of my life she'll be growing and grown. I am so cherishing this time. <3

My baby boy Zachary at 8 weeks old, giving me one of his lovely smiles :)

Attachments

• gd.jpg
    gd.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 4
I really miss this thread. How is everyone? All ready for christmas?

Everything purchased, best plans laid, and now just waiting to wrap and execute said gifts and plans. hehe

I miss this thread to!!

Stella will be 3 months old next week! time flies!

I am no where near done xmas shopping. I have basically gotten my niece and nephew done. got my best friend her present which is her birthday and xmas present. ordered 2 things for my sister. Haven't even begun my lo's presents or my dh's. I think I will try to get that stuff done this weekend. I will say that I have wrapped everything I have gotten already.

Stella is growing up so fast. she is really good at holding her head up but she isn't a fan of tummy time. we try everyday but she doesnt last long haha.

here are a few pictures...
hope everyone is doing really well! Happy Thanksgiving! :)
halloween baby.jpg
little moo moo.jpg
princess.jpg

Wanted to share Karlee now at 3 months

Attachments

• 431666_10152256771605217_433078426_n.jpg
    431666_10152256771605217_433078426_n.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 558895_559831127375836_2061976051_n(1).jpg
    558895_559831127375836_2061976051_n(1).jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread