~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Hiya Ladies
I am team yellow this time - I found out with Phoebe and was OTT preparing - gonna be much more relaxed about it this time - a massive fussy wardrobe for a newborn really isn't needed - and even now when she is all in pink with clips in her hair and in a pink pushchair people still ask if Phoebe is a girl or boy!!! :grr:
Congrats on all the tickers moving up - I'll be last one in here being due 31st!!
Lol xx

I'm definitely finding out. With two on the way I need to be prepared!

Lolpants I'm right there with ya. So jealously of the limes! Lol. Even though I'm due Sept 1, they aren't letting the babies go past 37 weeks so the latest date is August 11.

Hi all

Yay Jackie huge congrats on reaching the 12 week mark - its a lovely feeling - when is your dating scan or have you had it?

Lovely ultrasound pics girls.

I cant wait till my scan on Tuesday.

x x x x

Thank you~! Yes, I have already had my dating scan. Doctor put me down to be due on the 10th of August.

I'm 50/50 in finding out the only thing stopping me being team yellow is that i hate 'gender neautral' clothing,

I cannot believe how quick this is going ill be 11 weeks on Wednesday eeeek x

^^ when we had Paige and didnt find out we literally only bought 2 packs of white sleepsuits and some vests, when she was born everyone born girls clothes and we really didnt need to buy anything else she got so much as gifts! Parents even brought it to hospital so she was never really in gender neutral clothes! Just buy enough for the first day or so and im positive youll get lots as gifts as people know you didnt know the sex therefore wont have gender specific clothes and go wild!

I'm 50/50 in finding out the only thing stopping me being team yellow is that i hate 'gender neautral' clothing,

I cannot believe how quick this is going ill be 11 weeks on Wednesday eeeek x

I agree, I am not a fan of yellow and I don't think it is gender neutral at all. Haha. We will definitely find out because I am to much of a planner not to know.

hehe just gotta hope that they cooperate and you can see what sex they are ;p
Lol xx

Ailsa wouldn't co-operate so I was team yellow last time, I had an Amnio with Wil so knew from really early that he was def 100% a boy. This time if baby co-operates then we'll find out but I'm not paying for a private gender scan we'll just wait till the 20 week scan and see if they can see then.

I would be in a panicking fit if I couldn't figure out loved ones gender. I have to plan for everything and have to have everything in place before baby comes, because I know how hard it is to try and get out and about with a new born. My family isn't rich or just don't care enough to get my children anything. only person that has ever given Me gifts for Alexa is my mom and she isn't rich so she gets what she can. :)

And we are living in a whole different country from my family as well so. Yeah.

IDK. OH gets zoo upset with me, be ause I'm a massive planner and freak if we don't plan things. like I am moving back to the states I. Two months and trying to get us to plan what we should do. But oh is the opposite... He just likes to wing everything. AHH! no way... I can't wing things when I have a toddler and soon to be newborn on the way. :mad:

Talked to OH again last night about whether or not we would find out and I think he really wants to find out. He is really hoping for a girl and says he would like a bit of time to get used to the idea if it's another boy. So I think we probably will find out if baby co-operates. I wouldn't pay for a private scan though.

LilDreamy I am the same way.... I like to plan everything and know exactly how things will happen long in advance!
My hubby used to be the "roll with it" kinda guy too before we met but he's just kinda let me take over :D

As for me, if baby doesn't co-operate, we will probably spring for a private scan to try and find out. I really just want to experience it both ways... from team yellow and from team pink or blue!

Have any of you who have previous children, found out the gender beforehand then been 'disappointed' that you didn't get a surprise on the day?

I just don't know what to do! I might look at what neutral clothing is about before I decide - I think I can cancel up to a couple of days before and still get a refund of the deposit I paid.

Have any of you who have previous children, found out the gender beforehand then been 'disappointed' that you didn't get a surprise on the day?

I just don't know what to do! I might look at what neutral clothing is about before I decide - I think I can cancel up to a couple of days before and still get a refund of the deposit I paid.

We found out. I wasn't disappointed no. I think you are so blown away by being presented with your new bundle that I can't think the added surprise of finding out the sex would have made too much of a difference.

We are really struggling with names this time so i can't wait to find out so we know what names to short list..

Anyone with a specific gender child want the same gender for their next child?

It's weird with me. Because when I first was pregnant I was so dead set on wanting a boy and thinking for sure Alexa was a boy. Then I had her, and am sooooooo happy I had her, a beautiful little girl, rather than a boy. And this time around... I want another girl! How crazy is that. I just want Alexa to have a close friend sibling type thing.

But I'm almost positive this one is a boy... Lol.

Candy Cane - We found out gender in my first pregnancy and was on no way disappointed, we knew we had one name and to be honest during and just after labour her gender was the very last thing on my mind all I was bothered about was she was healthy! They called her a boy for the first 10 minutes anyway and then eventually said oh and its a girl.

LilDreamy - I mixed feelings I would love another girl so they can share a room and grow up together but I would also love a little boy!

I will be paying for a private gender scan as the NHS in my area have a policy to not disclose gender so the only way to find out is to go private so I will book a scan for 16 weeks!

Hope everyone is ok x x x x

I found out gender with Phoebe, and loved all the shopping and having a name set etc... just feel like I want a different experience this time. A nice surprise and just have shortlists of names and decide when I meet them As for preference I honestly don't have one - pros and cons to each really - be nice to have a girl as can share room with Pheebs and I have tons of girlie stuff, but would also be nice to have a boy as no way I am having more than 2 and would be nice to have '1 of each'
Will be exciting to find out what teams everyone is on when you have your gender scans and stuff :)
Lol xx

Hello, I would like to join!

I tested positive on December 15th with a pregnancy test. It was a complete surprise, but my husband and I are over the moon! This is our first baby and my parent's first grandchild, so they're excited too.

My due date is set for August 14th and I'm currently predicting a girl. It's just a 'feeling' I have, but I'll be happy with whoever starts our family!

welcome Vintagecat! :hi:

Had my first scan today!! To me it looks a bit more masculine than the ultrasound of Alexa.... But who knows!

Doctors say my guestimated due date was correct! So this one is still due the 18th of August.

Here is my little peanut! :cloud9:
https://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj82/KayTeeB2009/ead189e0.jpg

https://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj82/KayTeeB2009/b7cd3340.jpg

What lovely pics Lildreamy!! :)
Welcome vintagecat
Lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members