~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Had my dating scan today! And I have a new due date, August 25th :) They bumped me up to 9+6, 3 days ahead of what I thought! So 10 weeks tomorrow! OMG double digits!

My son thought it was "cool" according to him. My husband got emotional and had a couple of tears. On the way home we stopped for a coffee, and he showed the scan picture to anyone who would look at it lol.

So yes...I am on cloud 9!!! :cloud9:

That is adorable! Love how excited you dh is!! I can't wait for that!!

He tried to hide the teary eyes from me but I caught it :D

He is very excited... he was with a woman for 13 years, from when he was 23 to 36. They tried for 10 years to have a baby, and suffered 3 miscarriages. So today for OH was the realization that yes, he will finally get to be a Daddy!

I`m 12 weeks today! Whoop! Whoop! :happydance:

I said this a while back, but I`ll say it again. My due date has been changed to the 10th. Please change me from the 20th to the 10th. Please and thank you.

He is very excited... he was with a woman for 13 years, from when he was 23 to 36. They tried for 10 years to have a baby, and suffered 3 miscarriages. So today for OH was the realization that yes, he will finally get to be a Daddy!

Seriously, that is soooo sweet!! :) may have teared up a bit, my hormones have been raging!!

Well congrats! I have to admit I'm jealous but I'm just counting the seconds till my appointment next Thursday.

Hi all

Yay Jackie huge congrats on reaching the 12 week mark - its a lovely feeling - when is your dating scan or have you had it?

Lovely ultrasound pics girls.

I cant wait till my scan on Tuesday.

x x x x

Updated. :) If anyone notices that I haven't added them or fixed their due date please let me know. :)

I get my first scan on Monday!!! EEK!!

&& congrats saiteffeh! :D

Thanks!

And congrats Jackie on 12 weeks.... only 2 weeks left til I get there.. yay! Can't believe it, wow :S

Saitiffeh- so happy the scan went well x

Jackie- yay for reaching 12 weeks, hope to join you on Monday... x

I have scan on tues, I should be 12 weeks on Monday but sods law I bet I'm back dated for weeks!!! x

gorgeous little bean satiffeh :)

My due date was changed to 8/23 at my last scan. Next scan 2/22 at 14 weeks and SO hoping we can get a glimpse of gender. i watched a ton of 14 week scans on Youtube and if it's a boy like I think it is, it should be pretty easy to tell at that time! :happydance: Official gender scan isn't until March 30th!! :(

I can't decide whether to go ahead with the gender scan I booked for 3rd March - I booked it because I wanted to know (as you do!) but now I am thinking I should wait for a surprise, its like peeking at your christmas presents before christmas day in a way!

Whats everyone else going to do re having or not having a gender scan?

I'll definitely be finding out!

I didn't with my son and found it very frustrating, trying to buy gender neutral. And then for the first few months, because all I had bought was gender neutral clothes, everyone kept asking "is it a girl or a boy?". So this time, we're gonna know in advance!!

I quite like baby clothes which are pale green, I think its a neutral colour BUT - if you saw a baby in pale green would you assume its a boy? What about yellow, would you assume girl?

I thought green was neutral enough but my mom says it's ALL BOY. She says the only neutral colors are yellow or white. Plus we've decided on Pink/Brown theme for a girl and Green/Brown theme for a boy so she says green is extra-boyish for us.

But it doesn't really matter because we are DEFINITELY finding out the gender, lol. I've thought about not but I just don't have the patience for that! :haha:

Maybe once we've had one of each gender I can be more relaxed about it but I highly doubt it!

I think your DH and my DH need to get together and celebrate. :) My DH was with a women for several years in their early 20s and tried for 4-5 years and never fell pregnant so my DH is THRILLED to finally be a Daddy!!

I can't decide whether to find out this time. Last time I was firmly team yellow although I had a very strong gut feeling that I was having a girl. Totally wrong obviously, LOL. This time I am really in two minds. On the one hand it was lovely having the surprise and I would like that again. But on the other hand I sort of feel like I want to know this time. Part of it is that I am secretly hoping for a girl and will be just a teeny tiny bit disappointed if it's a boy. But I'm not sure if it's better to find out in advance so I have time to get my head round it, or if it's better to just wait until the day in which case I know I'll be just so happy that baby is here safely that I definitely won't be disappointed by the gender.

We are finding out, I didn't with jake and I did with Paige. I felt I bonded with Paige much more... She had a name and I felt prepared more. I will not be able to wait till August and I have tons of black bags with Paige's clothes in and need to know if I can keep them or swap with a friend who is having a girl, or sell them for boys clothes. Having a girl would be cheaper for us and could share a room with Paige for years to come. But I also would love a boy...I have no preference at all this time round. When I was pregnant with Paige I will admit I was desperate for a girl.

Is it 16 weeks onwards it's best to have a sexing scan ?

Yup 16 weeks plus they do gender scans! As soon as I have my 12 week scan on Tuesday I will be booking my gender scan - I found out with my daughter and was so prepared. I need to know whether to sort all her old clothes out etc and to be honest I am just desperate to know!

we are not finding out. Didnt with Paige and loved it so will do the same this time round. Although a little part of me does want to know, i remember what it was like when she was born and it makes me want to stay on team yellow :)

Yes I'll never deny that when the moment comes and you find out what it is.... what a thrill!
Although I already knew, somehow. I just... knew it was a boy. Enough so that a lot of his clothes were blue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->