~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Morning ladies
We will be finding out... Part of me would love not to, but the planner side of me won't allow it! DH wants to find out even if I decide not to...
Used my doppler over the weekend, found the baby's heartbeat for the first time @ 9w2d after watching a few youtube videos to get me in the right area! Super excited about that!!!
Symptoms are getting better, I don't get sick every morning... but I do get sick atleast 2 times a day still... I'm not as exhausted as I was 2 weeks ago... I bought a belly band over the weekend after not buttoning my jeans for 2 days... probably a little early, but I'm anxious!

Aww so cute!! What an excellent scan.

We will be finding out as well!! I would really like to find out ASAP. I want to know now! I know I won't be able to wait for 9 months!!!

Anyway we are thinking of having a gender reveal party, anyone else thinking about that?

welcome Vintagecat! :hi:

Had my first scan today!! To me it looks a bit more masculine than the ultrasound of Alexa.... But who knows!

Doctors say my guestimated due date was correct! So this one is still due the 18th of August.

Here is my little peanut! :cloud9:
https://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj82/KayTeeB2009/ead189e0.jpg

https://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj82/KayTeeB2009/b7cd3340.jpg

Awwwww sooo precious!!! I want a scan soooo bad, may have to pay for a private to get one though!

Yeah it sucks cuz they said unless the doctor orders one I would pay at my doc and it would be expensive. So I would rather go private and pay less. But who knows, maybe I will get lucky. I'm just glad we will get to hear are little ones heartbeat.

we are thinking of having a gender reveal party, anyone else thinking about that?

We are! Our gender scan is scheduled for 3/30 so we're having a "party" that night to reveal the gender. I'm kinda hoping we see the gender at our scan on 2/22 though and if so, we'll have the party 2/25ish (it's going to be SO hard to keep it quiet for that long though!!)

I haven't completely decided how yet but it will definitely involve cupcakes. I'd love to think of some fun guessing games though.

Have any of you who have previous children, found out the gender beforehand then been 'disappointed' that you didn't get a surprise on the day?

I just don't know what to do! I might look at what neutral clothing is about before I decide - I think I can cancel up to a couple of days before and still get a refund of the deposit I paid.

I found out the sex with my first and tbh the birth was so traumatic that I didn't have a chance to think anything let alone be disappointed!!!
But with my 2nd we didn;t find out as she wouldn;t co-operate and actually i was really glad of the surprise as we knew exactly when she was going to be born due to havng a planned section!
This time I'm not overly bothered, it would be nice to have the surprise again because its going to be another planned section but then it would also be nice to know so that if its a boy we can charity shop all the girl clothes we have stored!
But as for us having a preference we really don't mind either way - yes it would be nice to have another girl so that Ailsa and the new baby can share a room and play together and stuff but then a boy would be nice as well, esp for my DH as my son is his stepson, so would be nice for him to have a son of his own flesh and blood here - iykwim!

Lildreamy- what a fantastic scan photo... So pleased all is good honey xx

Welcome vintagecat xxx

My scan is 10.55 tomorrow morning...... Doubt I'll sleep x

so exciting all these scans now creeping up on us - got to wait till Monday for mine! This week is really gonna drag!

Afraid my scan was not good, baby died at 9 weeks.I'm
Gutted ... Wishing you all a happy healthy pregnancy.. Hope to be back in first tri very soon.. Xxx

Afraid my scan was not good, baby died at 9 weeks.I'm
Gutted ... Wishing you all a happy healthy pregnancy.. Hope to be back in first tri very soon.. Xxx

oh no thats awful :( so sorry to hear that Ladykara massive hugs:hugs:

Lol xx

oh ,y gosh Ladykara :cry:
I'm so sorry! :nope:
Can't believe it has happened to you.
Will be thinking and praying for you.
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads