~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

For those who are not first time Mum's, would you recommend over the bump jeans/trousers, or under the bump?

For those who are not first time Mum's, would you recommend over the bump jeans/trousers, or under the bump?

I think it depends on what way you carry. I never got very big and I much preferred under the bump maternity jeans/trousers and a belly band. I did have some over the bump trousers but I didn't really feel comfortable in them until close to the end. But they possibly are more supportive if you have a large bump?

lovely bump :)

being overweight I never really 'popped' and had a D belly with Phoebe, more like a upside down capital B :haha: kinda upset me as never really looked pregnant, just fatter :( hoping it may be different this time, but probably won't be for a long time

Lol xx

I am with you. I am still carrying some extra weight after Holly too, so it's going to take a while for the bump to look like a bump rather than just being a bit overweight.

As for jeans, I went mainly over bump last time... The same with underwear. Probably not very flattering, but I don't like that feeling of having something pulling in under my bump when I am sat down..

Went for a spa weekend away for my friends 40th this weekend. Wasn't going to tell anyone until after my scan but when I wouldn't go in the steam room and then wouldn't put in for the cocktails kitty it started to get a bit obvious!

I liked under the bump jeans, otherwise I was itchy and uncomfortable.

I agree with under until u are much bigger and then over might be more comfortable?
Lol xx

Haven`t been feeling pregnant for the past two days, and my boobs are not as sore. I have a lot of energy now, and I`m feeling great! The bloat has gone away so I`m hoping for a proper bump pretty soon since I`m 13 weeks now.

I have a doctor`s appointment/scan this week, and I can`t wait to see how things are going with my little Fuji bean.

Anyone haven`t bought things for the baby yet? I plan on waiting til around 20 weeks. Also since I haven`t put on much weight, there is no reason for me to buy maternity clothes yet. Just waiting to pop so I can do so.

I've always found over bump more comfortable - i was never big with either of mine but found under bump really uncomfortable! I guess it depends on the way you carry, i think i must carry low being tall and the under bump always felt like it was squishing babys head!!

Got my scan this morning! Excited but also a little apprehensive!

good luck for your scan wilsmum. look forward to your update,.

i prefered under the bump jeans last time. the kind that just has small elastic patches on the sides not a hole band. but i prefered over the bump work pants, and the underbump kind i had were tight! they are all different and i suppose it does depend how you carry. try some on!

had my scan and all looking good - just the 1 baby and its fit and healthy and wriggling around a goodun!!!
Got moved forward 6 days so I'm now due 10th August!

^^thats fab. glad everything went well. I wish it was next week already for mine!

Great news. So jeleous though.. can't wait for my scan next week.

Congrats Wilsmum! I found a place that does private scans and may do it. Cost $75 dollars but I'm not sure I can't wait till 20 weeks to see this little one! Still deciding. I bought a pair of over the bump and worn them once but I think I'm going to buy a few pairs of under the bump this week.

So glad to see that everyones doing well! :)

Congrats wilsmum and good luck to all of you who have scans next week! I'm getting SO antsy for mine - it's not until the 22nd!! :( I should feel lucky though - my next scan wasn't supposed to be until 3/30's gender scan but we're taking advantage of an "optional" scan - who wouldn't!?!? lol

Has anyone felt the baby move yet? Either from internally or from putting your hand on your tummy over the baby?

Oh and I think I finally felt one of the so-called 'stretching' pains you've all been talking about. I've had random sharp pains since the beginning but yesterday it felt different...? I was standing in line with DH for frozen yogurt and grabbed his arm because it caught me so off guard. Poor guy froze and didn't know what was happening. When it finally passed (felt like forever!), I was able to explain.

We listened to the baby's heartbeat on our doppler a few times this weekend - it's so exciting. I honestly don't know what I'd do without it. I'd be a basket case for sure. Every time I get a weird unexplained pain, I freak that something is going wrong and feel so much better when I find the sweet pitter patter of our baby's heart!

I have felt possible movement a couple of times, internally, but nothing that I could totally swear to. I can't wait to start feeling proper movement. I felt slight flutters at 16 weeks last time and more consistent movement by 18 weeks. But I'm hoping to feel it a bit earlier this time as it's my second pregnancy. Feeling baby move was one of my totally favourite things about pregnancy - I missed it once baby was born!

I didn't feel kicks until 20 weeks with Phoebe and hoping its earlier this time - its weird as you do miss it and you get like 'ghost' kicks after you've given birth!

Getting quite a few twangs of pain yesterday and today - esp if I sneeze or cough and felt sick as a pig yesterday and finally I have the sore boobs - was wondering when that would kick in ;)

Lol xx

Hope everyones well :).I have my scan first thing tomorrow, very anxious but exited to, will be nice ti be given a proper due date :) I'm definitely getting pots of stretching pains :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->