AUGUST 2013 babies...

wow ladies, i am taken back by how many great women there are in this thread! Like runnergrl said, so positive :):) Welcome to all the new ladies....:hugs:

please if i forgot anyone on the front page i am so sorry, just let me know :=)

Congratulations to everyone who has already posted! I found out last week and am expecting my first on August 21st :happydance: So exciting and overwhelming, we had been TTC for 3 months and I thought I had missed my ovulation window last cycle... I guess not though :wacko: Just tired, sore nipples and gross skin so far for me. Is anyone else already playing the name game?

Also when are people telling immediate family members? I don't plan on telling friends and making it "Facebook official" until 12 weeks but I'm dying to tell my mom and sister. Part of me doesn't know how to (they live far away) and part of me doesn't want to have to "disappoint them" if things don't go right. I know that sounds silly. What are you ladies doing or what did you do before if this isn't #1?

I can't decide about this...we've had 2 losses so are really worried it's going to happen again. I always said I wanted to keep it secret til gone 12 weeks for close family, then wait til the bump is showing before telling friends. But last night I had a real moment of "I want my mum!" DH said I can tell her if I want to, he doesn't mind. But I really don't want anyone other than her knowing. Not sure if that would be awkward for her though, to know it and not tell my Dad?! I know what you mean about not wanting to disappoint them if things go wrong. I partly feel like it would be nice for someone else to know this baby exists in case it doesn't end well, but it is hard on parents especially when stuff like that happens :/ I don't know, am going to think a little more...

how's everybody feeling? I'm 5w5d today and i'm feeling fine. A little sore boobs and somewhat tired but i feel like i had more symptoms last week. Today I'm starting to worry a little bit.Should i be feeling symptoms by now? I moved my US to this thursday so hopefully everything will be ok! Sorry just a little vent session bc my hubby thinks i'm worrying too much :(

how's everybody feeling? I'm 5w5d today and i'm feeling fine. A little sore boobs and somewhat tired but i feel like i had more symptoms last week. Today I'm starting to worry a little bit.Should i be feeling symptoms by now? I moved my US to this thursday so hopefully everything will be ok! Sorry just a little vent session bc my hubby thinks i'm worrying too much :(

:hugs: I'm only 4w 4d and I'm already worrying I have no symptoms! I know it is silly because my last 2 pregnancies symptoms didn't kick in til the 6 week mark. It's natural to worry, I read so many ppl on here posting about no symptoms and being worried about it. Rationally we all know that every woman has a different level of symptoms and some ladies are just lucky to sail through with barely any symptoms at all. But it doesn't always make you feel better does it! It just depends how well your body responds to the changing hormones and the increasing HCG. I'm sure you will start to feel it more as time goes on. Good luck for Thursday! x

:hugs: I'm only 4w 4d and I'm already worrying I have no symptoms! I know it is silly because my last 2 pregnancies symptoms didn't kick in til the 6 week mark. It's natural to worry, I read so many ppl on here posting about no symptoms and being worried about it. Rationally we all know that every woman has a different level of symptoms and some ladies are just lucky to sail through with barely any symptoms at all. But it doesn't always make you feel better does it! It just depends how well your body responds to the changing hormones and the increasing HCG. I'm sure you will start to feel it more as time goes on. Good luck for Thursday! x

Thank you Smiler82! So great to see you on here! i remember seeing you on some of the TTC after loss threads and clomid threads! I'm so happy for you :). i think the closer my dr appt gets the more nervous i get. I am so afraid to hear the words that i heard last year at this time ;( , Thank you for your support, it's so nice to hear words of encouragement. I know that with each milestone of this pregnancy it will get better, and there will be easier days than others. One day at a time :)!

May I join you ladies? My birthday is the 13tg August and I'm due on the 17th August :)

Hello all, and congrats to the new BFPs!!

I'm checking in at 6 weeks.. I'm a sweet pea! Which I love, because that's what I always call my OH. My symptoms so far: I felt super nauseous this morning. The nausea has come on slowly and before today, I thought there was a chance it was coincidence or in my head, but I think it is pregnancy-related. And as before, sore boobs and hungry a lot. I just stocked up on snacks at work to make sure I don't get too hungry.

We are telling close family on Christmas but waiting until maybe 12-13 weeks to tell close friends and other family. We'll make it facebook official at 14 weeks (Valentine's Day).

mon ami, I love your pic! I live in Baltimore too.

Thank you Smiler82! So great to see you on here! i remember seeing you on some of the TTC after loss threads and clomid threads! I'm so happy for you :). i think the closer my dr appt gets the more nervous i get. I am so afraid to hear the words that i heard last year at this time ;( , Thank you for your support, it's so nice to hear words of encouragement. I know that with each milestone of this pregnancy it will get better, and there will be easier days than others. One day at a time :)!

TXRunnergirl I remember you too! I was so happy to see you had started this thread but didn't think you would remember me :) Yeah I'm not having any appts for ages but I know I will be super super nervous. Once you've had that experience you can never go into an u/s room and not be scared for it to go the same way. But yeah it is totally one day at a time. I think it's important to try and have some happy days and to enjoy the pregnancy when you can but there are def going to be some less good days. And that's what we're all here for :hugs:

Feeling good pregnancy wise but have a wicked head/chest cold that came on hard on Friday. As far as telling, we plan on telling family when they are here for the holidays, but I told my work as soon as I found out because I'm an Oncology nurse who gives chemotherapy all day, so they've agreed to try to keep me from it as much as possible.

First doctors appointment tomorrow. Have no idea what to expect. I think I'm scared that somehow their test will show something different. Or that something will go wrong. DH says I worry to much but I cannot help it. :blush:

Hi ladies, my symptoms are gone too for the most part. The only thing hanging around is this stupid nausea which makes it hard to eat anything. I have my second scan on Thursday so hopefully I will get some reassuring news that our bean is ok :)

We are telling our parents Christmas morning and won't tell other family until around 12 weeks. Friends we will tell around 14 weeks. The only person who knows right now is my sis and since I had told my mom my last iui failed, she is going to be in for a shock!!! She keeps telling my sister how she wishes things look up for me and dh and that she doesn't like to see us suffer! Oh man I cannot wait to see the look on her face! :)

hi all :)

so happy to be pregnant again im emma im 26 my husband will be 37 on thursday so this is a fab early gift for him. I got pregnant quicker than i thought i would, only have mirena removed on 27th september.

im 6 weeks and 1 day today and have very difficult pregnancies i am heterozygous factor v leiden meaning i have to inject with clexane into my belly to stop me miscarrying hopefully (iv had 4 and dont think i could cope with any more).

My kids are 4 yrs 4 months, almost 3 years (26 dec) and almost 18 months

and apparently sleep aint that important when ur pregnant my midwife text me at 7 am tpo ask if she could come do my booking visit at home on thursday x

Hi all

I'm massively excited to say I am now also officially pregnant and the GP says I am due 21st Aug! This will be my first and I'm crossing my fingers so hard it works out!

Congratulations to everyone else too!

Lin

So I made a couple brief posts on here last week but they were short and I was in shock and not really sure what to say I think. So I wanted to introduce myself formally as I think I will need some ladies to talk to over the next 9 months.

I just found out last Monday and its been an exciting shock!

My hubby and I have been married for 6 years now, we got married kinda later and pretty much said "no kids". Well, about a year ago I guess my biological clock started ticking and I wanted a baby. I told DH and it took him a while to get over the shock and bless his heart he got on board. We decided to go ahead soon as I am 36 and he is 46. We started by simply not trying not to and boom it was fast.

It happened over our thanksgiving vacation and got 3 BFP last Monday. By my best guesses (I'm pretty regular), I will be due around Aug. 18th. Called the Dr. they wanted to get me in 6-8 weeks so first apt in 12/27, can't wait!

We haven't lived where we are for very long and don't know many people (guess this is a way to get to know some huh?) so I am a bit nervous. I hate the fact that due to my age I will automaticlly be consitered 'high risk', oh well.

Here we go......:shrug::happydance:

Congrats ladies and welcome! I am also due the 21st...lmp. but if I do it from o then it is the 25th! So we will see!

AF arrived last night with a vengeance, looks like I won't be joining you after all! Good luck to everyone!

Hello!

Well... if we go by my lmp, I'm due approx August 11. Though I've done calculators that took estimated conception date and one that did lmp, average cycle length & lp which came up either Aug 20 or 21 (I think this is more accurate!).

I haven't received an official EDD yet from anyone.

I had a blood test this morning with my GP but she didn't offer any EDD or anything. I should be getting results back tomorrow by noon. I don't have an appt with my OB until Jan 7.

Congrats to everyone in here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->