AUGUST 2013 babies...

Hello guys :wave:

I am having my second August baby and he/she will be due around August 8th (my son was born August 22nd) and to top it all off, my husband was also an August baby (12th).

August for me will be an expensive month for birthdays :dohh:

So excited and cannot wait to meet our new addition to the family.

Hope you're all well and that pregnancy is treating you all kindly.

xxx

How is everyone coping with nausea? I've been feeling extremely pukey the past few data but not being sick! What's ur cure? Lol x

Vonnie, i chew mints and eat ginger biscuits...works wonders.

Mints it is then! Never had nausea with my boys so this is something new at least haha x

When does nausea usually kick in?The only bit I experience right now is if I wake up in the middle of the night and rollover. And then it's just a brief twinge.

Also, could any of you ladies give me a little insight as to what to expect tomorrow at my very first doctors appointment.

Ginger biscuits not doing much for me...will try the mints idea. Feeling very bleugh today.x

Hey ladies :)
I am due 11th of August. I am very excited, this is my second baby. I have a DD who is 19 months :)
I am 6w 2d, dont have much symptoms, but starting today i have sore nipples and breasts. Last friday i went shopping with DH and DD and while at the cashair i felt that i was about tk faint and vomit badly. Had to leave to the car immediately .

Sorry for making this long but i am very happy to be with u ladies :)
Wishing all H&H 9 months :)

Ginger biscuits not doing much for me...will try the mints idea. Feeling very bleugh today.x

I found a ginger/lemon tea that seems to settle my tummy a bit. Been drinking it everyday. I have just been queasy so far though, havent actually thrown up.

Thart, we are the same days =) I booked my first appointment today. Didnt need to see the doctor, so straight to the midwife I go. Its January 9th. Ill be almost 8 weeks then.

Only symptoms i have are slightly sore boovs and still feeling exhausted but I can cope with that. Hoping MS stays away!

Took my first digi today and got 2-3 so that made me smile!

It still feels totally unreal though. I dont think its actually hit me that there IS a baby inside me!

It still feels totally unreal though. I dont think its actually hit me that there IS a baby inside me!
I feel the same.I am so happy for every symptom I have.but not happy with the period like cramps and dull backaches... Just scare me!

Thart, we are the same days =) I booked my first appointment today. Didnt need to see the doctor, so straight to the midwife I go. Its January 9th. Ill be almost 8 weeks then.

Only symptoms i have are slightly sore boovs and still feeling exhausted but I can cope with that. Hoping MS stays away!

Took my first digi today and got 2-3 so that made me smile!

Glad I got someone to share the date with :hugs: I'm quite nervous for tomorrow, this is my first pregnancy ever and so I seem to panic about the slightest things not knowing if it's normal or not.

mon ami, I love your pic! I live in Baltimore too.

Thanks! We just moved here a few months ago! So far it's alright but we moved from CA where I worked at a place that I had GREAT maternity benefits. Now, working here, I have pretty much zilch. I really don't know what my husband and I are going to do- he is working on his PhD and I am the main wage earner.

Yikes, we'll have to see. And to all you UK girls- don't take that maternity leave for granted. Here in America (aka the Dark Ages) we get pretty much NOTHING. It's pathetic. The reality of this pregnancy hasn't even set in and I'm already trying to figure out what to do about child care because I'll have to go back to work so quickly. :nope:

How is everyone coping with nausea? I've been feeling extremely pukey the past few data but not being sick! What's ur cure? Lol x

I have been trying everything in the books and nothing seems to help. I have preggo pops, ginger cookies, ginger gum, wear my sea bands....nothing is really taking it away completely. I have good days and bad but the nausea definitely lasts all day though. I hope this passes soon so I can start enjoying the pregnancy. If you find something that works, let me know :flower:

First doctors appointment tomorrow. Have no idea what to expect. I think I'm scared that somehow their test will show something different. Or that something will go wrong. DH says I worry to much but I cannot help it. :blush:

How exciting!! I am going to be nervous too! My doc won't see me until 8 weeks...so I have to wait until after the New Year!
Good luck and let me know how it goes so I know what to expect!! :hugs:

IM so glad Im not a poppyseed any more. My baby is growing:wohoo: Horray Apple seed!

mon ami, I love your pic! I live in Baltimore too.

Thanks! We just moved here a few months ago! So far it's alright but we moved from CA where I worked at a place that I had GREAT maternity benefits. Now, working here, I have pretty much zilch. I really don't know what my husband and I are going to do- he is working on his PhD and I am the main wage earner.

Yikes, we'll have to see. And to all you UK girls- don't take that maternity leave for granted. Here in America (aka the Dark Ages) we get pretty much NOTHING. It's pathetic. The reality of this pregnancy hasn't even set in and I'm already trying to figure out what to do about child care because I'll have to go back to work so quickly. :nope:

Uggghhh. Tell me about it! Me and DH were just talking about that! I am not even sure how long my short term disability will cover me for...I know a lot of insurance companies will only do it for 6 weeks! I want more than 6 weeks! But my work is pretty good about maternity leave and if I tell them I only want to come back 1 or 2 days a week for a few hours and day, I am guessing they will be cool with that. And I will only get 60% of my wages. I always get a bonus check in May though, so that will be nice to get that so we can stick that away for when I am not working.

ladies who are on baby #1, a great way to still have an income while staying with baby is to become a nanny for a while. There are so many families who need good nannies and a lot of them dont mind (in fact, prefer) that you bring your child with you. It shows responsibility, trust, and it gives their child a playmate, if little, or someone to help look after if older. Just a thought. Thats how I was able to still contribute financially, yet be with my son these past almost 2 years. Just a thought ;)

Hey everyone!! Mind if I join?! I'm EDD is August 19th for now :) I get my first scan on the 2nd so I'll know more then :) So excited!!

Anyone having a hard time sleeping? I know you are suppose to be tired during first tri but for the past 4 days or so, I wake up early...like this morning 430 having to pee and I cannot fall back asleep!!! It is so annoying!

Anyone having a hard time sleeping? I know you are suppose to be tired during first tri but for the past 4 days or so, I wake up early...like this morning 430 having to pee and I cannot fall back asleep!!! It is so annoying!

I'm experiencing the exact same thing! It's kinda anoying right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->