AUGUST 2013 babies...

Can I join? I am due August 23, 2013!!

Thart - I am 4 weeks 6 days today and worried too cuz I have no real symptoms! Sore boobs but that could be from progesterone I am on and that is about it!

Is it normal that 4 weeks and 5 days I have no nausea? Boobs are faintly sore, and a few cramps here and there but that's it.

Im also 4+5, and have no nausea. I didnt get morning sickness at all with my dd, although i couldnt keep down soup for some reason! My boobs are pretty sore and im very tired but other thn that, nothing else =D

Im sure it will hit us with a vengeance and we will be wishing it would go away!

I have no clue when my scan will be either. My first appointment is Jan 9th, and i will be 7+4 so i will probably get my scan date then. Cant see it being before 11 weeks though. Im very tempted to book a private reassurance scan for a couple of weeks, but we shall see if i can afford it!

I have booked myself in for an early viability scan at 7ish weeks. I dont think I could wait until early Feb for my first scan.

how much are you paying (if you dont mind me asking)

Only one i can find close to me is £80!! Im not paying that haha x

how much are you paying (if you dont mind me asking)

Only one i can find close to me is £80!! Im not paying that haha x

Our scan is costing £100!! I did some overtime last month so that will pay for it. I think my OH was happy to wait until 12 weeks however I just know I will stress out too much.

This is making me mad with the scans.what takes them so much to give us a scan?that is lie when they say they can't see anything under the 8 week.at 6 weeks the baby should have a heartbeat and you can see if is more then one.I lived in Germany for a long time and have to say that the prenatal care there is 100 times better then here in US.
You literally have to fight the lady at the reception from the doc.office because she won't give you appointment for an early scan.I feel like I am discriminate and my baby is not important to them because,only if you pass the 8 week time line then you have a "real"pregnancy!
And it is really not a big thing...they act like they need to built that screen just for you.sorry for the vent!

I've been a little annoyed about the same thing.

I called one doc office two days after I found out, and they said to call back in a week IF I'm still pregnant. OK, they didn't use those words, but I had brown spotting at the time and they said to wait a week and if the spotting stopped and I had another positive HPT, call back. Needless to say, I did not call back.

Now I'm using a midwife office, but they don't want to see me until I'm 8-10 weeks. Apparently this is normal, but I don't like it. My first appointment is Jan 7.

I've been a little annoyed about the same thing.

I called one doc office two days after I found out, and they said to call back in a week IF I'm still pregnant. OK, they didn't use those words, but I had brown spotting at the time and they said to wait a week and if the spotting stopped and I had another positive HPT, call back. Needless to say, I did not call back.

Now I'm using a midwife office, but they don't want to see me until I'm 8-10 weeks. Apparently this is normal, but I don't like it. My first appointment is Jan 7.

Wow that is just ....I don't really have words....I don't know who or why decided that if you are under 8 week,you don't have the same rights like somebody else.why we still pay insurance? So they just let us wonder for weeks if our baby is growing, heaving a heart beat etc.

In Scotland, we get two scans, one at 12 weeks and one at 20 weeks. The will give other scans on the National Health Service but only really to high risk patients.

My GP classed me as low risk therefore I wont get a scan until 12 weeks, which seems like forever! I have been told that at 7 weeks they should be able to hear a heartbeat which I know will help put my mind at rest, at least for a few weeks.

Hi guys, I'm just scraping onto this thread, with a due date of 29th August! I'll try to read through the whole thread later :)

In Scotland, we get two scans, one at 12 weeks and one at 20 weeks. The will give other scans on the National Health Service but only really to high risk patients.

My GP classed me as low risk therefore I wont get a scan until 12 weeks, which seems like forever! I have been told that at 7 weeks they should be able to hear a heartbeat which I know will help put my mind at rest, at least for a few weeks.

It's the same in England. I wish I could have an earlier scan. It hadn't occurred to me that I could book one privately. I'd kind of like to, but at the same time I'd feel guilty 'cause I'm usually all rah-rah cheerleader for the NHS...

I'm not sure yet what my midwife group will recommend in terms of scans, but I'm assuming 12 and 20 week scans or just a 20 week scan. Honestly, I'm willing to accept that I'm a low risk preg and just have two scans (but only having a 20 week scan seems a bit harsh). At least in the US, I know that if they recommend only one scan, I can still request another scan. I just wish that someone would have agreed to *see* me earlier. You know, do a blood test, get a medical history, answer my questions. At least then I would feel like I have someone to talk to if I have questions.

I'm not sure yet what my midwife group will recommend in terms of scans, but I'm assuming 12 and 20 week scans or just a 20 week scan. Honestly, I'm willing to accept that I'm a low risk preg and just have two scans (but only having a 20 week scan seems a bit harsh). At least in the US, I know that if they recommend only one scan, I can still request another scan. I just wish that someone would have agreed to *see* me earlier. You know, do a blood test, get a medical history, answer my questions. At least then I would feel like I have someone to talk to if I have questions.

I agree, having someone to talk to who has seen all these things before would take some of the pressure off.

My GP was actually lovely, she was the one I went to see in October when I told her that we were going to start trying so she said she was really pleased to see me back. She said she will refer me to a midwife, who will be in touch. So really, it is a bit of a waiting game!

On the plus side, I found out I passed my exam today, so I now feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

Hi ladies :)

hope you don't mind me jumping in a bit late, looks like I'm due 6th August :)

Just been reading some of your posts about scans, I never really thought about getting one done privately. A work colleague said she had one sided pain (when she didn't) so she got an early scan but I just don't think I could, I'd feel like I was jinxing something.

Well I guess prenatal care in Germany is luxurious. You get scans as soon as you have you're first appointment, each time you get a print,so you can see over time how your baby is growing, vitamins you get from the doctor no need to pay and you get lots of test and free baby things like books,a bottle,a toy..

Oh man I will do anything for that care again.but...I hope everything will be fine,I get next week blood tests and then we will see.

Coincidentally, I have an appt with my GP tomorrow morning, which I booked months ago. So I'll be telling her that I'm preg and hopefully getting some questions answered.

Congrats on the exam, JessyG! Maybe I missed something earlier.. did you tell us what sort of exam it was?

Coincidentally, I have an appt with my GP tomorrow morning, which I booked months ago. So I'll be telling her that I'm preg and hopefully getting some questions answered.

Congrats on the exam, JessyG! Maybe I missed something earlier.. did you tell us what sort of exam it was?

It wasn't anything exciting, I work in finance and it was one for work. I get a pay rise though which is always welcome!

What symptoms are people having today? I had some strong dull cramps, which really freaked me out but they soon passed. Think my womb is stretching, well that is what i am telling myself.

What symptoms are people having today? I had some strong dull cramps, which really freaked me out but they soon passed. Think my womb is stretching, well that is what i am telling myself.

I've had sort of dull cramping/pulling feelings, but nothing major. Some nausea too, but not really bad. I just don't feel like eating and feel vaguely sick, but it's not getting in the way of doing stuff.

I definitely had some strong cramps a couple weeks ago, JessyG. I actually took ibuprofen once a day for two days. But they died down by the end of the 5th week. Now I get them on and off, but not as bad. I'm pretty sure it's just the uterus growing, but I agree that it's scary.

Hi ladies, just got back from my scan. 6w6d and heard a heartbeat! I am soo relieved and excited. I know I'm not out of the woods just yet but still, the sound of the heartbeat is still playing in my ears!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->