AUGUST 2013 babies...

Hi ladies, just got back from my scan. 6w6d and heard a heartbeat! I am soo relieved and excited. I know I'm not out of the woods just yet but still, the sound of the heartbeat is still playing in my ears!

Congratulations!

I've been a little annoyed about the same thing.

I called one doc office two days after I found out, and they said to call back in a week IF I'm still pregnant. OK, they didn't use those words, but I had brown spotting at the time and they said to wait a week and if the spotting stopped and I had another positive HPT, call back. Needless to say, I did not call back.

Now I'm using a midwife office, but they don't want to see me until I'm 8-10 weeks. Apparently this is normal, but I don't like it. My first appointment is Jan 7.

Here in Ireland, you have to wait up to 16 weeks for first scan in some cases, GP will check your urine, blood pressure, listen to heartbeat if you are far along for them to hear it. so unless you are high risk you are not seen earlier, if you have bleeding you can go to the epu in the hospital. it is so horrible waiting that long, and for some that is there only scan as they do not do a 20 week on less they have to all the cut backs I guess.

Ugh i have to wait till 8 weeks, I cant wait to here the heartbeat Just so i can have some stress relief... Hubby is going to try to get off work so he can go with me..

Hi there - brand spanking new to forums and being pregnant altogether (mid 30s first baby)- but I've been reading some posts and they've been super helpful. I'm due early August and I'd love to keep visiting and posting :)

Hi Ladies!!! I am new to the Pregnancy Forums! Just got my BFP on Dec. 12th after 2 years of TTC!!! DH and I are so stoked! This is my 3rd child, but his first! I am due August 19th and would love to have some ladies to talk to!!!

I had my first test this week and that was around 7 + weeks. I heard the heartbeat and the lil bean. It was amazing. DH and I are so happy. I hope the lil beans heart beat, beats strong and stays that way. <3 fx'd

wow 12-12-12 was a very lucky BFP day it seems, Congrats girls

Welcome, HopefulCookie, Jamie Sue and skystars! Congrats :)

Can I join ladies? I am 5w 2 days and due on 22nd August. :)

I had a scan at 5w and saw your little black pip. Going back at 8 weeks for another scan. :)

I'm not sure yet what my midwife group will recommend in terms of scans, but I'm assuming 12 and 20 week scans or just a 20 week scan. Honestly, I'm willing to accept that I'm a low risk preg and just have two scans (but only having a 20 week scan seems a bit harsh). At least in the US, I know that if they recommend only one scan, I can still request another scan. I just wish that someone would have agreed to *see* me earlier. You know, do a blood test, get a medical history, answer my questions. At least then I would feel like I have someone to talk to if I have questions.

When I called an OB they asked a few questions about my history and then classified me as low risk. I have my first appointment at about 8 weeks and two scans, the first at about 12 weeks. They aren't doing a blood test to confirm- the nurse I spoke with said that HPTs, when positive, are as close to 100% accurate as you can get. She also said in healthy women there is little they can do to prevent a miscarriage before 8 weeks, which is scary but true and the reason why they don't see anyone low risk before that time. The nurse instructed me on eating right, prenatal vitamins, avoiding alcohol, etc. She also gave me the 24 hr number and encouraged me to call if I have questions or problems.

At first I was disappointed that they wouldn't see me til 8 weeks and no scan until 12. However I work in healthcare and understand all too well the constraints and crunches that they are operating under. Also pregnancy is not a disability or a disease that needs constant medical management. It needs monitoring but in healthy, low risk women your body should do what it needs to naturally. Just listen to it and call the OB if you have questions.

At least someone talked to you about your pregnancy, mon_ami, even if was just on the phone. And if my midwife group tells me I'll have two scans, the first at 12 weeks, I'll be happy with that, as I said. There is a 24-hour number to call, but it's just the midwife on call at the hospital, not necessarily one of my midwives. Which is OK, but doesn't really make you feel like they're there for you when you have a problem.

Which hospital are you going to deliver at? I'm going to deliver at Mercy.

Hi all.
I woke up today and for the first time in a week i dont feel sick...yay.

But i am now worried as to why i dont feel sick??! I have also had bad pregnancy acne this week but that has now eased too.

Anyone else hve these symptoms come and go? I know its silly but i guess i am just worried that the pregnancy hormone causing both of these has gone/dropped for some reason????
Make sense?? Xxx

Hi all.
I woke up today and for the first time in a week i dont feel sick...yay.

But i am now worried as to why i dont feel sick??! I have also had bad pregnancy acne this week but that has now eased too.

Anyone else hve these symptoms come and go? I know its silly but i guess i am just worried that the pregnancy hormone causing both of these has gone/dropped for some reason????
Make sense?? Xxx

StellaBella I didnt have your symptoms exactly but have definitely noticed mine have faded today. It does worry me slightly and hoping its just my body getting a little more used to the hormones. Either that or we are just having a little break and they will soon come back!

I have no nausea is this ok?
Well a little quesy at times if i dont eat

My symptoms come and go all the time.I get sick too if I don't eat.I am nervous about my dull low back aches, I feel it when I lay down and when I bend to pick up something. Is that normal?

My symptoms come and go all the time.I get sick too if I don't eat.I am nervous about my dull low back aches, I feel it when I lay down and when I bend to pick up something. Is that normal?

I hope so cause i am the same however its usually when i am sitting at work. No one ever told me how stressful this first trimester would be! I just want to know bambino is doing ok.

One symptom of mine that never goes away is the bloatedness and it gets worse throughout the day

My sick feeling went away for a good two days then came back full on the other night. I think our symptoms will come and go until our hormones regulate themselves. I wouldn't stress too much about it. As for the lower back pain, I get it on and off too but not as much anymore. I think a lot of things are moving and preparing to move down there so our bodies are in shock lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->