AUGUST 2013 babies...

I am starving in the morning and take full advantage because by evening I'm lucky if I can eat a plain tortilla without gagging. My new years meal was plain rice and ginger ale. I guess I wanted a little more confirmation that I was pregnant and this is it.

Happy New Years to all! Come on August!

Yeah hurry up August lol, glad both scans went well today :) I can't wait to get date thru for mine but scan wont be until I'm at least 12 weeks!! I am just feeling so lethargic these past few days but can't seem to sleep past 8 in the morning :( x

How many of you ladies are taking progesterone suppositories? I've been on them during my cycles since sept and of course I am now taking them everyday til 12 weeks. For those taking them how is your ms? One of the nurses told me that sometimes since progesterone mimics pregnancy, women who were on them prior to getting preggo may not be as affected by all the hormone changes?? Any thoughts?

I am hungry almost all the time. When I get too hungry though the nausea gets even worse. Sometimes I don't want to eat because of it, but so far I've been able to eat most of the same things I ate before. The biggest thing I'm noticing I can't eat is some soup and stuff i made a few weeks ago that I have in the freezer. There's a ton of it and I can't even stand the smell.

TXRunnerGirl- I'm not on any progesterone, but I have heard the same thing. A friend of mine who was TTC was on progesterone for about 6 cycles before conceiving. She had virtually no symptoms early in pregnancy and her doctor felt it was because of the progesterone already being in her system.

I am hungry almost all the time. When I get too hungry though the nausea gets even worse. Sometimes I don't want to eat because of it, but so far I've been able to eat most of the same things I ate before. The biggest thing I'm noticing I can't eat is some soup and stuff i made a few weeks ago that I have in the freezer. There's a ton of it and I can't even stand the smell.

TXRunnerGirl- I'm not on any progesterone, but I have heard the same thing. A friend of mine who was TTC was on progesterone for about 6 cycles before conceiving. She had virtually no symptoms early in pregnancy and her doctor felt it was because of the progesterone already being in her system.

Thanks Kerrbear!!!!! It def makes sense to me since when i started the progesterone i had pretty bad nausea and there wasn't much that agreed with me by the way of food! I was almost certain i would have bad ms by now since both my sisters were so sick at this point they couldn't even step out of bed without vomiting :(.

Lately, my comfort food has been toast and anything hot and crunchy...bagels, waffles etc. i've been trying to stay somewhat healthy and eat fruits and veggies but they just don't have the same appeal!!

speaking about appeal...I am a person who generally loves exercising and eats well and the past few days all I want is Carbs and more carbs....potato chips and chocolate! I'm hoping it's due to the holidays but I'm not so sure....and I haven't exercised hardly at all as I am sooo tired! I am looking at our treadmill as we speak and it does not look appealing at all! :dohh: I need to get myself motivated again! :happydance: last pregnancy with DS I exercised the entire time....and felt great....I have to get back at it!

super jealous of all your scans....here in NS, canada, we don't even see out miswife/doctor until 12 weeks and then they just listen to the heartbeat with a doppler....no ultrasound until 19 or 20 weeks! needless to say it's nerve wrecking not knowing what's going on in there!

Thanks Kerrbear!!!!! It def makes sense to me since when i started the progesterone i had pretty bad nausea and there wasn't much that agreed with me by the way of food! I was almost certain i would have bad ms by now since both my sisters were so sick at this point they couldn't even step out of bed without vomiting :(.

Lately, my comfort food has been toast and anything hot and crunchy...bagels, waffles etc. i've been trying to stay somewhat healthy and eat fruits and veggies but they just don't have the same appeal!!

I am on progesterone and was on it for about two cycles before as well. I get quesy but haven't gotten sick yet. I crave toast though like crazy! I hadn't heard progesterone could make ms less! Good to know! :)

Happy new year everyone!

If i dont eat i get sick, But as long as i eat i dont have nausea... Cant wait till my scan 2weeks away :) getn excitied!

I finally get rid of the nausea and now I think I'm getting heartburn :( x

Sorry you have to wait too, my schedule is the same (South Africa). The first few weeks went by so slowly, but now it's a little better. Soon I can call for an appointment, so then I'll at least have a specific date to look forward to!

speaking about appeal...I am a person who generally loves exercising and eats well and the past few days all I want is Carbs and more carbs....potato chips and chocolate! I'm hoping it's due to the holidays but I'm not so sure....and I haven't exercised hardly at all as I am sooo tired! I am looking at our treadmill as we speak and it does not look appealing at all! :dohh: I need to get myself motivated again! :happydance: last pregnancy with DS I exercised the entire time....and felt great....I have to get back at it!

I know, my workouts and eating have definitely not been the same since we found out. I am scared to do anything intense, and I really miss my running but since the mc last year i felt this pregnancy was going to be different. I have been an avid runner for a long time and miss it tremendously (great stress relief for me), but this lil bean is wayyyy too much of a blessing to chance anything. I've been walking and doing the elliptical and some light weights, and usually if I'm feeling down or stressed it helps me feel better. Can't say I've been as consistent with my eating (loving my carbs and sweets too ::) ). I know what you mean about the motivation (i would rather be home relaxing most of the time, but my hubby gets my butt going lol).

Sorry you have to wait too, my schedule is the same (South Africa). The first few weeks went by so slowly, but now it's a little better. Soon I can call for an appointment, so then I'll at least have a specific date to look forward to!

As soon as you have that specific date, you can begin your countdown to see your lil precious one!! :) So exciting!!! It's definitely a stressful time for all of us, but i think the fact we are stressed means we are gonna make great mommas!!!! :):)

Oh i keep heartburn it sucks, I have whats called gerd, SO doc gave my a script for my heartburn cause if not the acid was going to damange my larenx

Help my husband and i did not have intercoarse but i did orgasm and after words im bleeding its red IM Hasterical right now, Is this normal... Did i cause my self to mc i mean iv had no prob since now...

Help my husband and i did not have intercoarse but i did orgasm and after words im bleeding its red IM Hasterical right now, Is this normal... Did i cause my self to mc i mean iv had no prob since now...

This happened to me on Friday. I freaked at the red blood and called RE and they had me cone in. Got to have an early ultrasound and saw one bean and no cause for concern! Though I win be thinking twice before going back to the bedroom! So I am sure you are ok but call your doctor for peace of mind!

Talk about lack of exercise and weight gain! ME! The last time I ran was the day after I found out I was pregnant. That was dec 4th I believe and it was 5 miles. I just took a job in the fitness industry and I am so out of shape! I'm so nervous!! I know I cant up and start a difficult workout program right now, but what do you think I COULD do that would still be safe? I have to teach bootcamp classes!! I'm kind of freaking out! Oh- and to top it all off, I'm already starting to show!

I'm sure everything is okay! I had spotting a couple weeks ago and everything was fine when I had the ultrasound. Are you having any cramping or anything with it?? Our vaginal walls are super sensitive and there's a lot of blood in that region so its easy and normal to spot. I would just call the doctor in the am and let them know.

Talk about lack of exercise and weight gain! ME! The last time I ran was the day after I found out I was pregnant. That was dec 4th I believe and it was 5 miles. I just took a job in the fitness industry and I am so out of shape! I'm so nervous!! I know I cant up and start a difficult workout program right now, but what do you think I COULD do that would still be safe? I have to teach bootcamp classes!! I'm kind of freaking out! Oh- and to top it all off, I'm already starting to show!

I'm starting to show a little too, it's crazy isn't it?? There's plenty of things you could do to at least ease your way back into a regimen. My doctor said I could continue everything I was doing prior to getting preggo, but I told her my concern about running. She did say once I get into the 2nd tri I could pick up the intensity a little bit. What about the elliptical or walking on incline and light weights for now? Light total body workouts?

I am missing running too! Just feel too gross to consider it at moment! Not ran since Christmas Eve, I'm going to start swimming next week if my stomach can handle it! Obviously check with your GP but if you exercised prior to pregnancy then you should be fine to carry on, just adjust intensity. I swam with my first 2 babes and found it a huge relief towards the end! Will definitely start Yoga again too, loved that with my last 2 pregnancies x

Don't worry, I know you can do it! I've only been running regularly for about a year and a half, and I barely did anything all of November, started walking long distances in early December, and started running lightly again when I hit 7 weeks (sort of a coincidence, sort of just when I felt comfortable going for it). Your body will remember and get back into the groove, but if you're like me you'll probably have days when you feel out of breath (not from being out of shape so much, just all the changes with pregnancy). It doesn't necessarily get easier each time, but after a few times it will feel good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->