AUGUST 2013 babies...

Oh txrunner that's just awful!! I would complain to a higher up, that's just beyond ridiculous.

Hi ladies! Can I join in? I was in another bump buddies group but they've stopped being active so I need some friends.
According to ov I'm due Aug 17 but my Dr is going by lmp and says Aug 15. So hence the mismatched tickers.
I have a son who will be 23 months when the baby is born, I'm hoping I'll do ok taking care of both of them! I didn't plan this pregnancy, so I'm a bit apprehensive about it.

Welcome :hi:

My EDD it 16th Aug, right between your two dates!

Im sorry txrunnergirl, wow i would be in tears to how sad that they would treat a pactient that way witch we all become one as soon as we enter the hospital doors... You should file a report with the hospital...
Try not to worry im sure your baby is more then fine... And you need to get a new doc, cause yours doesnt sound very nice infact HE/She sounds stupid.. No need in worry for (the start of something) as she put it.. Every thing your experienceing is normal honey

TXrunnergirl - Wow that nurse was awful! I don't get how people like that are able to be in that profession! Glad you are feeling better and I am sure your LO is just fine :)

My ms has been kicking into high gear and I am now nauseous all day! Haven't actually been sick yet but a few close calls! Just looking forward to Sunday as that is scan day :)

My little one wakes me up to pee every hour lol
So last night was a ruff one cause my legs and hands ached well more like my lower body, My hands were very heavy and legs literly cronic pain(mispelled sorry) anyway DH wakes up and says baby i think you need to take a benadryl i thought about it a min and he was right i was haveing another reaction on the inside on the body cause the burning had begun shortly after taking the benadryl i had took it just in time befor a allergic reaction breakdown, thank goodness cause the stress of all the itching and burning would have caused some serious stress on my body and i was worried about the baby be exposed to that im just so happy allen suggested it and thought of it befor i did, he knows how i get im glad he has watched over me with open eyes over the yrs so he can recongize all the signs of a outbreak...
Well 4 hours latter i woke to bad joint pain and Allen told me to take a tylenol ( That the doc wouldnt have put it on the list of meds i can take if it wasnt safe) i havent hurt since i took it 5 hours ago
Infact im ready to start my day, i will say this though my hands are very very cold lol

Hiya loubyroo :hi:

Yikes, sounds like a rough night! Glad the meds helped, wontgiveup.

I'm hating ms so much. Had it almost my whole pregnancy last time and this time is proving to be the same. My dr gave me zofran at my first appt, I'm going to have to get on a higher dose cuz its not working very well.

So jealous of scans! I don't think I get one till 20 weeks!

Aww sounds like a rough night for you!

Is anyone else getting sick of the whole 'what not to eat' thing? I feel like I can't eat anything without worrying if it is ok or not. And yet the small amounts of things I feel like I can face are stupid things like hash browns on their own or cheese and gravy - probably not the most nutritious for baby!

I'm hoping to have Spinach and Ricotta Tortellini for tea as I finally fancy something relatively normal but I'm not sure if the Ricotta in it is pasteurised - does anyone know if I can have this? This is what I am thinking of having: https://images.mysupermarket.co.uk/Products_1000/45/045745.jpg

Maybe I am thinking too much about all this food stuff but I am such a worrier and don't want to feel guilty for eating things that I perhaps shouldn't?

Any help would be so great! Thank you! x

Congratulations KelseyK, the scan photo is beautiful, glad all went well.

Txrunnergirl, so sorry to hear what you are going through. She doesn't sound very nice at all :growlmad: I hope everything goes well for you, lots of dust :dust: glad you are feeling a little better today.

Yesterday I got my first ever 2-3 weeks result on a digital :happydance: so I think I am somewhere between 4-5 weeks. Definitely not 6 weeks. Will find out soon at the scan next week :happydance:

I'm hoping to have Spinach and Ricotta Tortellini for tea as I finally fancy something relatively normal but I'm not sure if the Ricotta in it is pasteurised - does anyone know if I can have this? This is what I am thinking of having: https://images.mysupermarket.co.uk/Products_1000/45/045745.jpg
I'm pretty sure heating it kills the bacteria (if present), the tortellini will be boiled won't it?

And don't worry too much about whether what you're eating is healthy. The odds are your normal appetite will come back in the second trimester and you can focus on eating better then. If you're feeling sick etc it's best just to eat what you can.

hi everyone :hi: and welcome Katerdid! Nice to have you here. Morning sickness kicked in for me yesterday as I was starting to pack the house.. worst possible timing ever! i actually had a breakdown.. i was packing, and I would have to run to the bathroom to throw up. then I would cry because i felt so awful, and I am mad that I am doing this all by myself, but my husband has to work. I am under so much stress to get this all done, plus I start my new job on Monday, AND we are staying with my husband's brother all week and moving into an apartment next weekend..uugh! so much stress! I do get to see my little wiggle worm next friday again though. My doctor is awesome.. I am very sorry to be leaving her!

Yep I will be boiling it til it is piping hot!

I spoke to OH and he said just to have it and stop worrying as like you said, it will be heated and as it is in a packet with a long date on it, it would more than likely have been pasteurised anyway.

I know we have to be careful and some things are not worth the risk but I guess I have got to stop worrying so much (or googling so much) as it is just making me feel worse!

Thanks so much for your help! I'm going to enjoy my tea and be glad that I finally feel like eating something relatively normal at last! x:thumbup:

Zebra, exciting news on the digi! So nice to see it in writing :)

Hey runnergrl! Aw man, that's rubbish. I really hope it passes quickly, so you can do what you need to do. Sounds so stressful :hugs:

Aimee, that sounds tasty! Now I want tortellini! Should be totally fine. I'm going to be eating lasagna tonight with ricotta, good stuff.

Welcome Katerdid!! <3

TXrunnergirl: I'm sorry you had to go through that :hugs: how awful! When do you get your blood test results?

Runnergirl: I haven't thrown up yet but the nausea started yesterday... I have been super stressed as well :( I just moved and I feel your pain! <3 I'm so sorry <3 I'm on the verge of a breakdown, lol, I can feel it!

Hey everyone im sneaking in here, we found out tonight we are expecting baby no.3 due on August 30th we do believe :cloud9:
I hope everyone is well x x

Hey ladies! Just found this post, I'm expecting around 12th August. Having terrible nausea which has slowly worsened from week 4 onwards. I'm now week 8 + 4. It lasts all day and night, I really hope it's going to get better soon! Congrats to all you ladies expecting August bubbas :) Me and DP are sooo excited :D xxx

hi everyone :hi: and welcome Katerdid! Nice to have you here. Morning sickness kicked in for me yesterday as I was starting to pack the house.. worst possible timing ever! i actually had a breakdown.. i was packing, and I would have to run to the bathroom to throw up. then I would cry because i felt so awful, and I am mad that I am doing this all by myself, but my husband has to work. I am under so much stress to get this all done, plus I start my new job on Monday, AND we are staying with my husband's brother all week and moving into an apartment next weekend..uugh! so much stress! I do get to see my little wiggle worm next friday again though. My doctor is awesome.. I am very sorry to be leaving her!

Wow how can you do all that?I need only rest and peace,my body feels heavy and powerless plus my backache won't let me move around to much.ms comes and go,I usually get more sick when I drink water on the empty stomach. My skin breaks out I almost can't sleep on my belly because my boobs are just so heavy and painful like 2 tennis balls,and I have a bloated bump I look like I am 5 months already.... Ahhh I feel like I am having the flu every day.
So yeah I don't know where you find that energy to do all that.

I don't really have a choice. I just do it

Well, I had my 8 week US today and everything was great! There are more details in my pregnancy diary, but the short version is the FS was so happy, we have graduated to going to a normal OBGYN, so that's next week's task - lining one up!

I love hearing how great all of our scans are going. Lets keep this positive and lucky thread going for each and every one of us!

Have a great weekend! :)

Well, I had my 8 week US today and everything was great! There are more details in my pregnancy diary, but the short version is the FS was so happy, we have graduated to going to a normal OBGYN, so that's next week's task - lining one up!

Glad your scan went well and you are graduating to OB! I look forward to being able to do that too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->