AUGUST 2013 babies...

Just had my first scan today and I am now due August 27th!! whoohoo!!

Just popping in for a quick update, hope everyone is ok by the way. I got my 3+ on a digital today which I am over the moon at :happydance: scan tomorrow too, eeeek I am so nervous.

Just popping in for a quick update, hope everyone is ok by the way. I got my 3 weeks today which I am over the moon at :happydance: scan tomorrow too, eeeek I am so nervous.

good luck at the scan how many weeks now :flower:

Just had my first scan today and I am now due August 27th!! whoohoo!!

Whoo Hoo, Congrats!!

I had my first scan today (8+3) and my EDD is confirmed as 18 August.

Heart rate is 171bpm, I am so so chuffed. :happydance:

Pineapple and Dubi, glad the scans went well!

I had my first midwife appointment today. It wasnt my booking appointment though, just got some info and weight b/p was taken. It was a bit boring! Have my proper booking appointment on February 6th so Ill be 11+3 weeks. I should have my dating scan before the ebd of february. Gosh it seems so far away! I suppose its good that they class me as low risk and that should be a good thing!

Just popping in for a quick update, hope everyone is ok by the way. I got my 3 weeks today which I am over the moon at :happydance: scan tomorrow too, eeeek I am so nervous.

Thank you :) I am 5 weeks 2 days I think, that is working it around the digital tests though.

That is great, try not to worry to much if you do not see much tomorrow somtimes you see nothing at this stage till closer to 6 may be even 7 weeks :flower:

Just popping in for a quick update, hope everyone is ok by the way. I got my 3+ on a digital today which I am over the moon at :happydance: scan tomorrow too, eeeek I am so nervous.

I have my first scan tomorrow too!! So nervous!!

Ok ladies I know this sounds silly but I am so upset! I just found out the name my cousin picked out for her baby was the number one name on our list if we had a boy! What are the chances!!!!! I know I shouldn't be upset considering I don't know what I'm having yet, but it just blows my mind! Tell me I am overreacting.

Ok ladies I know this sounds silly but I am so upset! I just found out the name my cousin picked out for her baby was the number one name on our list if we had a boy! What are the chances!!!!! I know I shouldn't be upset considering I don't know what I'm having yet, but it just blows my mind! Tell me I am overreacting.

Well, if your cousin didn't know it was on your list, then I guess it can't be helped :S
In any case, if you're not that close or don't see each other that much, you can still have that name. I don't see why not.

Thank you :) I am 5 weeks 2 days I think, that is working it around the digital tests though.

That is great, try not to worry to much if you do not see much tomorrow somtimes you see nothing at this stage till closer to 6 may be even 7 weeks :flower:

I will be happy if we just saw a sac, anything as we have never had the opportunity before :) That is of course if I am around 5 weeks 2 days. I can't really count on the digital tests, I should be 7 weeks counting from my last period but we will find out tomorrow :happydance: :flower:

I have my first scan tomorrow too!! So nervous!!

Good luck, hope all going well, keep us updated :dust:

We are very close so it wouldn't work. There is no way she could have known it was our top pick, that's why I am so baffled at the odds of it happening. With soooo many names to pick from, lol. Good thing dh and I have more names we like :)

We are very close so it wouldn't work. There is no way she could have known it was our top pick, that's why I am so baffled at the odds of it happening. With soooo many names to pick from, lol. Good thing dh and I have more names we like :)
Well, you could always use the name as a middle name. Or if it's a name that has a variation - like Charlie or Charles for example, that would work as well. It may be moot - you may have a girl, but I understand why you are disappointed. You are wise not to go with the same name for him to be called by, though. I had an ex-sister in law who gave her daughter the same name as one of her other sister's children. There was a significant age difference (like 16 years) but it caused both confusion and resentment from both the girl who originally had the name and her mother.
But the same thing that happened to you happened to my mother - she was going to name my sister 'Susan' but found out that one of her sisters was planning to name her own child that, so even though Mum's child was due to be born first, she went with a different name.
I'll admit to being curious - could I talk you into sharing what the name was?

Hopefully you find a name you like just as much as that one! It was hard for us to start deciding on names because I come from big families. It seemed like almost every name we picked I could think of someone who had that name, lol.

The exact same thing happened to me. My cousin was having triplets (IVF) and called one of them our top boys name. Actually it was a name I had loved years before I was even preg. Like that we are too close to use the same name. Am delighted now with the name we picked. Much prefer it now.

Pineapple and Dubi, glad the scans went well!

I had my first midwife appointment today. It wasnt my booking appointment though, just got some info and weight b/p was taken. It was a bit boring! Have my proper booking appointment on February 6th so Ill be 11+3 weeks. I should have my dating scan before the ebd of february. Gosh it seems so far away! I suppose its good that they class me as low risk and that should be a good thing!

One step closer is always a good thing :) Babies really are miracles. Before you know it, you will be 20 weeks :)

I have my first MW appointment on 21 Jan for bloods etc and to book in my 12 week scan.

I had one done today private as this is my 4th pregnancy (3 previous losses) So i wanted to make real sure before i have any more blood drawn from me. (and boy do they love taking blood)

Have any of you ladies had trouble with nausea when drinking water? I have increased my water intake since getting my BFP and am trying to drink even more due to a sinus infection and upper respiratory infection. I'm having some trouble with increased nausea depending on the amount of water I drink at one time. If I try to drink more than about 4oz of water at one time I start to feel very nauseous.

Ladys Urgent Question
Im the worst for random out breaks of hives and allergic reations

Well looks like im haveing one right now.
Hives Is it safe to take benadryl, nurse put it on the list of meds, but out from in written in pen in says only to take if needed, makes me think i shouldnt take it... It is a class b medication so But anyone have any experience related to this... Oatmeal bath are out of the question, only have a shower... lol HELP can i take benadryl i freak over having to take anything but i cant let this go to far ill end up in allergic shock or worse...

Ladys Urgent Question
Im the worst for random out breaks of hives and allergic reations

Well looks like im haveing one right now.
Hives Is it safe to take benadryl, nurse put it on the list of meds, but out from in written in pen in says only to take if needed, makes me think i shouldnt take it... It is a class b medication so But anyone have any experience related to this... Oatmeal bath are out of the question, only have a shower... lol HELP can i take benadryl i freak over having to take anything but i cant let this go to far ill end up in allergic shock or worse...

Oh dear!!!I would call your doctor and ask her to clarify. I did not think pregnant woman could take benadryl at all but I might be misinformed. I really never take benadryl that much either. I know that I have a UTI right now and I am on Cephalexin at the moment and I asked my doctor about a billion questions about it. This is my first pregnancy and i tend to stress everything. Good luck I hope your outbreak gets better:hugs:.

Have any of you ladies had trouble with nausea when drinking water? I have increased my water intake since getting my BFP and am trying to drink even more due to a sinus infection and upper respiratory infection. I'm having some trouble with increased nausea depending on the amount of water I drink at one time. If I try to drink more than about 4oz of water at one time I start to feel very nauseous.
I do. I can't drink more than a few sips at a time. Sometimes I am so thirsty I just want to down a cold bottle of water but I know if I do it will come back up. But definitely drinking cold water is less nauseating than room temp water.
Well, you could always use the name as a middle name. Or if it's a name that has a variation - like Charlie or Charles for example, that would work as well. It may be moot - you may have a girl, but I understand why you are disappointed. You are wise not to go with the same name for him to be called by, though. I had an ex-sister in law who gave her daughter the same name as one of her other sister's children. There was a significant age difference (like 16 years) but it caused both confusion and resentment from both the girl who originally had the name and her mother.
But the same thing that happened to you happened to my mother - she was going to name my sister 'Susan' but found out that one of her sisters was planning to name her own child that, so even though Mum's child was due to be born first, she went with a different name.
I'll admit to being curious - could I talk you into sharing what the name was?

It sucks but I think I came to terms with it after a nice long nap, lol. The name was William. We have other names that we like....actually Charles is #3 on our list so it's funny you mentioned that! But again, I might end up having a girl so I guess dh and I better add to our girls names lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->