AUGUST 2013 babies...

lol!:haha:

does anyone else have terrible gas???

Yes!! My stomache has hurt so bad all morning! I had to get a kidney ultrasound today and the guy kept pressing on my stomache! It hurt so bad, I was so afraid I was going to let one or in his face lol it was awful!

I have an ob appt today, no ultrasound but hoping to hear babies heartbeat! !

Well I've had my scan and I can say it was one of the most uncomfortable but euphoric experiences of my life! The midwife informed me that my womb is tilted backwards (quite common apparently) which makes it harder to see the baby on a ultra sound so I was sent off to drink more water and I had already had 3 pints! 20 minutes and one incredibly full bladder later we tried again an saw my very active little bean all arms and legs thrashing about, it was amazing!! Unfortunately my little bean was so active and mischievous that it wouldn't keep still long enough for a really good look so the midwife has arranged for me to come back in a couple of weeks for another scan, she assures me that everything looks absolutely fine and there is no reason for concern she just wants a clearer look when my womb will have moved into a better position.

Anyway, here he / she is...

https://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww349/rockess01/1stScan310113_zps60dd3723.jpg

Awww, really really Sweet! I think its lovely to know how active they are too! Even if it makes getting images a little tough.

Really happy for you x

Loubyroo thats a gorgeous picture! I have a retroverted uterus too, found out at my private scan on saturday but i got told to do the opposite... I had to empty my bladder and got a vaginal ultrasound. The difference in quality was unreal! Did they tell you when he uterus moves to a normal position?

also, all the bumps are beautiful ladies =D mine is nothing special, but i can feel my uterus (i think!)

Have my booking appointment on wednesday, ill be 11+4. Do you think they will listen for a hb? Im kind of guessing they wont be able to find it due to my tilted uterus, but i could be (and hopefully am) totally wrong.

She was going to do a viginal ultra sound if they still couldn't get a good picture but luckily got a good enough look with a really full bladder.

She didn't say exactly when my uterus would move just that it would, although I am going back for another scan in two weeks (when I am 14 weeks) and she expects to get a better look so I am guessing it will start moving within two weeks.

Don't worry about not finding the HB due to your tilted uterus as I've heard my babies HB a few times on my own Doppler at home before I knew about my tilted uterus, it did take some time to find but I beleive it always does.

Loubyroo thats a gorgeous picture! I have a retroverted uterus too, found out at my private scan on saturday but i got told to do the opposite... I had to empty my bladder and got a vaginal ultrasound. The difference in quality was unreal! Did they tell you when he uterus moves to a normal position?

also, all the bumps are beautiful ladies =D mine is nothing special, but i can feel my uterus (i think!)

Have my booking appointment on wednesday, ill be 11+4. Do you think they will listen for a hb? Im kind of guessing they wont be able to find it due to my tilted uterus, but i could be (and hopefully am) totally wrong.

I am pretty sure they will find it at 11+4, even if they have to do an internal scan. :) And you will be over the moon!

I know my uterus aint tilted, but with my first pregnancy they picked the HB up at 5 and half weeks via internal scan. So I would say at 11.4 you have a lot more baby to pick up (as mine was only 1mm in size)

Just a website I like looking at if anyone is interested in

https://www.pregnology.com/faralong.php?month=8&day=18&year=2013
Obviously this is mine but you can put your own EDD.

I love the pictures and they have a few stats.

This is my evening bump.I don't feel as big in the morning though.
Hope everyone else is doing good.Congratulations to the new scans!

Attachments

• IMAG0749.jpg
    IMAG0749.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 7
I am so happy!! I got to see my baby today! I went in thinking it was just a normal appointment and I would at least get to hear the heartbeat but my dr informed me that they so ultrasounds at every appointment!!!!! YAY!! Heartbeat looked and sounded beautiful :) 150's :)

Any guesses for gender?!

Attachments

• 11weeks2.jpg
    11weeks2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 11weeks3.jpg
    11weeks3.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 4
Loubyroo- Glad the scan went well (even with having to drink so much). :)

Kelsey- That's awesome news! I wish my doctor would do ultrasounds at every appt.

I am so happy!! I got to see my baby today! I went in thinking it was just a normal appointment and I would at least get to hear the heartbeat but my dr informed me that they so ultrasounds at every appointment!!!!! YAY!! Heartbeat looked and sounded beautiful :) 150's :)

Any guesses for gender?!

Oh so cute!so big already too.I will say girl...but what do I know?

Is it usually in US to find out the gender in a routine prenatal visit or is something that we have to do and pay extra?

Thanks ladies :) I hope it is a girl! I couldn't believe how much the baby was moving!! The dr was laughing bc she couldn't get a pic!

Is it usually in US to find out the gender in a routine prenatal visit or is something that we have to do and pay extra?

You usually find out at your 20 week anatomy scan... that is where they look at everything and take measurements. It's easy to tell at that point so they will take a quick peek and let you know.

Doctors will tell you though that the main reason for the 20 week is not about the gender but the health of the baby. My son had his legs soooo tightly crossed the whole time we couldn't find out so I paid for a private one where the goal WAS to find the gender no matter what or how long it took lol

You should find out at 20 weeks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"