AUGUST 2013 babies...

stella, i still get a takeaway once a week. Not every week but i dont deny myself the pleasure if i really want one! Im also a healthy weight. Its fine if its only an occasional treat!

I cant really help though, i have been eating everything and havent went off food at all (apart from chocolate). Sometimes my oh makes dinner or really wants somehing, so i just eat it even if its not appealing!

roll on wednesday.. At least i will get a timeframe of when my scan will be (hopefully!)

I get the evening munchies. During the day I am fine, dont really eat, then in the evening from about 10pm, i eat tons, but lots of very small and different things.

Like i will have a banana, then 15 min later i will have an orange, half hour later i want a peanut butter sandwich. And then I will have some melon and then a tomato.

But I have the same problem, nothing really appeals to me. I thought i would do a roast dinner yesterday (roast chicken), well i didnt have much of it at all. I left the chicken, had a bout 3/4 small pieces of carrot, 2 small pieces of brocolli and a couple of roast potatoes.

But saying that, i went to the shops and thought to get myself a pair of maternity jeans as what i have now is 1 size larger than my pre-pregnancy size. But I dont really have a bum at all, so its tight under my belly but loose on my butt.

Oh what a relief with the maternity jeans, i went a size down and they feel so so much more comfortable :)

Yeah maternity clothes are awesome now. I like to wear jogging pants a
lot around the house but even the one I had before pregnancy they start to get snug.I definitely have a bump now,is there in the morning,when I lay on my back.

Does anyone get up in the middle of the night to eat?ugh God those hunger pains are terrible, I guess I didn't knew before what hunger pains are!

Thanks for ur help ladies! Will try to curb the takeaway food. Must tell my tummy that :)

Well, today, I had a meeting with my Manager and HR, and basically the company is making a lot of redundancies.

So as of 31st March 2013 i will be redundant. A bit peefed as I fall short by just 5 weeks of getting my maternity pay out of the company.

So with that I thought, what the hell, I get to start a very very early maternity and no point in keeping the pregnancy quiet at work any more, so a let the cat out the back this evening and announced my pregnancy on FB via a pregnancy count down.

So that's made me pretty happy :) I can at least now share my excitement.

sorry pineapple:( at least you can relax a while before the baby comes! Hopefully you will still get SOME benefits!! :hugs: Congrats on announcing.. i wanted to today too, but my husband is making me wait till friday..grrrrr

They tried to do my NT test today (I told them I thought it would be too early- I think I'm even a couple days behind my ticker which is based on LMP but I just feel like I O'ed late) and I was right. They started the scan and they said it was just 1-3 days too early to do the test. BUT baby looked great on the scan- I'm relatively slender so the tech got a lot of detail. Could see the hands and a button nose! The tech even flipped to 3D a few times and said from what she saw she's betting a boy! I know it's WAY too early to know for sure but it was fun to see and hear a guess! And since they couldn't do the NT part of the test- I get another peak at baby in just 10 days! woohoo!

Next it was the OB- she reassured me that it was ok that I've lost a little weight (about 3 pounds) and she's hopeful that Trimester 2 will mean finally feeling better! She tried to find the heartbeat on the doppler and kept getting it for a second and then losing it. I guess I have a retroverted uterus that's making it harder for her to get it.

I'm finally letting myself relax just a bit and feel a little excitement. Can't wait to announce for real!

How exciting Mon Ami! Two scans in 10 days, thats awesome!

Cant wait for mine on friday. They are letting me keep the video!

Yeah- I didn't get a video but she gave me 10 pictures- including a couple 3D! Finally feeling a little more real!

HI ladys mon-ami
I eat what i want when i want, I drink a lot of water and juice and i do have a soda once a day cause Im addicted lol IV heard of these women who stay away from fast food, Pop, cold cuts, Eggs BLA BLA BLA not me i still have a sandwich from time to time, I Only have scrambled eggs cooked real well, and i still Injoy Mcdonalds, tacobell, or hardees and subway from time to time... I eat a lot more fruit now. I love tangelos and pineapples yum yum, but im not Going to depry my self from THings i crave when i know that my baby is just fine and healthy Even when i eat a cheeseburger! I just find it funny that some pregnant women freak over every little thing they stick in there mouth, when im biteing my tongue cause what i realy want to say is "girl eat what you want" Just dont eat junk food everyday of your life and load your body down with sugar thats a big no no but if you want to go out to eat and grab some tacos or a pizza for dinner then go for it.

Mon ami, glad everything went well, and at least you will get another scan! Lucky you =D

My booking appointment was today, and i missed it. Totally thought it was tomorrow. Oops! Have to go on thursday morning instead now. Really hoping i dont have to wait forever for my scan!

I still drink 1 or 2 cokes a day, and eat soft boiled eggs, and medium rare steak, and pizza... Tsk tsk, I dont even feel I have to justify myself so I wont.. I wish I had the willpower of some ladies but i just dont!

I have never been a coffee drinker. I thought it was gross for the majority of my life. I wanted to see what all the Starbucks hype was about, so about a year ago, I had my first White Chocolate Mocha drink, and to my surprise, it was REALLY good. By the summer, I was addicted. I had to drive thru every morning and have my caffine fix. When I became pregnant in July, I was super bummed and tried to drop it completely and did for a week or so. Then, I was so tired and grouchy, I said, "to hell with it, its only one a day," and I kept drinking it. I lost that baby.
I have no idea if the two are linked, but the amount of caffeine in Starbucks coffee is way higher than that of a normal coffee you brew yourself. I am not taking any chances this time and am really mad at myself for not being strong enough to give it up last time. I think in the past 12 weeks, I have had maybe 2 or 3 Starbucks drinks? every time it has been small and only 1/2 caffeine.

It probably didnt have any affect on my loss because I had a progesterone issue from the beginning, but what if it did? Part of me will never forgive myself.

I never been to Starbucks :) I don't understand the euphoria behind it.but I am also not a coffee drinker.

Anyway,please is there someone who feels like they are already in their 6 or 7 th month of pregnancy?Because I feel like it...the hunger is killing me,I can't eat a lot at once just a few bites because I am getting full fast.The little bump don't let me lay on my back,only on the sides with a pillow under the belly.getting up is hard,I get tired very fast and have to pee so many times..ugh...this pregnancy is so"hard"so far....I am really scared of how is going to be later,especially that OH will be gone my whole second trimester so I am all alone.

I feel like I'm much further on than I am, and am always hungry. I feel like this pregnancy is very very difficult, especially working on my feet all day. I'm starting to wonder how much longer I can do this for before I just collapse. :(

Jazylady I feel the same way
I stay away from coffee but boy do I miss it. :)

OK well at least I am not making something that does not exist.
Just reading all this sites and magazines and they all say that soon in the second tri
you start feeling like pre pregnancy....well I think that is impossible.
I am lucky that I don't have to work anymore... I can sew outfits for my little one(I love sewing).

Do you ladies look into buying newborn books?I may need some help on refreshing my memory just I don't know which book is the best.

the only complaint i have is the fact that i have trouble breathing. whether if im sitting or laying down, i feel like there is this pressure on my chest bone that makes it hard to breath. do any of you ladies have or had this?

i thought second tri was when we felt good and got our energy back....im actually more tired than i was in first tri.

2nd trimester today eek :) exciting just got low down abdominal pressure though and the morning sickness still hasnt eased off. Cant believe how expensive scan pics are now :( £5 each

2nd trimester today eek :) exciting just got low down abdominal pressure though and the morning sickness still hasnt eased off. Cant believe how expensive scan pics are now :( £5 each

£5 each :eek: Up to how many can you have? Is there a maximum do you know or is it really as many as you want to pay for? I have my 12 week scan tomorrow, and of course i want a picture of every possible angle :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->