AUGUST 2013 babies...

Runnergrl, i saw your bump pic and you definitely have popped! Very cute though =D i cant wait for a proper bump!

Mommy, dont worry about your appointment! It will probably be a quick in and out. Its great news that your scans went well. I have my NT scan on thursday =)

Well ladies I had my appointment today and must say that we are extremely disappointed. I took my husband with me because he leaves the country for 3 months tomorrow, so I wanted him to see the baby before he leaves.But no,no ultrasound until 20 weeks,and after that no us anymore!I was near to cry.They only listen to the HR,a thing that I do myself every day.So I have to wait 7 weeks to see my baby.
How come some of you get so many ultrasounds? Where can I go for a private one?

i have because I lost my last baby

You mean mc or stillbirth? Because I had mc's.just feel here that they don't give a damm about it.Very disappointed in the prenatal care.The doctor tried to explain me that he can't order a us because is no need ,HB is there and everything is normal and that the insurance will cover only that.

Jazzylady - really feel for you :( Its *mostly* the girls in the UK who get all the ultrasounds. They are able to book them privately. Im in canada - but its similar... the only "private" U/S are those done by 3d/4d places. Some people who have had Mc's get more, but it usually matters WHY the MC happened. i think many women who have a early MC and don't need medical intervention don't get extra ultrasounds (although some dr's might take more care). I think it really only those that had later or multiple MC's :( In canada we get 12 week one if we do the downs screening, and one at 20 weeks and thats it.

Yes I suffered a miscarriage at 12 weeks. and I got pregnant again just under 3 months later, so my doctor wanted to do US's to make sure everything was progressing as it should be (6 weeks and 8 weeks). then I moved and my new doctor wanted to confirm my pregnancy with a US on my first visit to his office (10 weeks) It is standard if your are doing the screening at 12 weeks to get another US, so this is why I have had 4. I will have two more. One at 20 weeks (or 18 +4 as it falls) and again for the last time at 32 weeks to check fluid levels and weight.

congratulations to you all!! i am due on 12th august :)
feel so blessed after a very long 3 years ttc! x

Well I could understand why is no need for us from week 12 to week 20.But no us after 20 weeks??I mean really?I am not a doctor but how they will know if the baby is not strangulate himself with the cord at example week 25,30,34,38?how I would know that baby didn't changed position again?how I would know how big it is?it can change so much from week 20 until giving birth.And I don't trust this doctors, and I am in one of the most expensive hospitals in this region.
I don't know what to do.

I only got 2 ultrasounds my last.pregnancy and same with this one (although we paid for a private one 3 weeks ago). We get one at 11-14wks and then at 18-21wks. It never even came to mind that we should get anymore (apart from high risk pregnancies of course). Its just the norm to have 2 scans. I do wish it was more but we have to accept it!

Heck, my midwife wont even listen for the heartbeat until 24 weeks

I only got 2 ultrasounds my last.pregnancy and same with this one (although we paid for a private one 3 weeks ago). We get one at 11-14wks and then at 18-21wks. It never even came to mind that we should get anymore (apart from high risk pregnancies of course). Its just the norm to have 2 scans. I do wish it was more but we have to accept it!

Heck, my midwife wont even listen for the heartbeat until 24 weeks

Wow I have no words.
If something happens (i had bleeding 3 weeks ago)because I am not good monitored, who is to blame?nature probably.. Don't understand why we pay so much money.What the doctor done today,it was just waste of time.
Well Europe is ahead with prenatal care,that is for sure!With my son I was getting us every 4 weeks.
Make me wonder how the pediatrician are here and how their policy work,if OB GYN do not care about my unborn baby.
Sorry for the vent.

hello ladies! I am due august 10th with my second child. Right now im on week 14... the counter under this shows the exact days. My original due date was august the 3rd but when I went for my first US they found out I mustve ovulated late and was actually measuring for august 10th. Second US for NT was done and it came out great. Still measuring that same due date... even tho I peeked at the screen when she left to get the DR. to sign papers and I saw it said 12 weeks 5 days under the 12 weeks 4 days... so I mustve been measuring one day ahead. Next apt to see my midwife is tomorrow and im nervous. :wacko:

We have the same due date! Glad to hear your NT scan went well. Since the scans were good, your appt tomorrow should be fine. My last appt was around 12 weeks 5 days and all they did was ask how I was doing, check vital signs and weight, and listen to the baby's heartbeat with a doppler. Try not to be too nervous. :)

Yay for same due date :) and Thanks! I will try not to worry :hugs:

Runnergrl, i saw your bump pic and you definitely have popped! Very cute though =D i cant wait for a proper bump!

Mommy, dont worry about your appointment! It will probably be a quick in and out. Its great news that your scans went well. I have my NT scan on thursday =)

I hope so. Good luck on your scan Thursday :happydance:

Well I could understand why is no need for us from week 12 to week 20.But no us after 20 weeks??I mean really?I am not a doctor but how they will know if the baby is not strangulate himself with the cord at example week 25,30,34,38?how I would know that baby didn't changed position again?how I would know how big it is?it can change so much from week 20 until giving birth.And I don't trust this doctors, and I am in one of the most expensive hospitals in this region.
I don't know what to do.

How you feel is understandable. I wish so bad we could get ultrasound once a month. With my son I only had a gender scan and then we had a 3d scan way later on because they wanted to make sure he was developing properly. With this baby I never even had a confirmation scan... I had a scan at 10 weeks 4 days which was too early for NT scan so they had to do another one at 12 weeks 4 days. Now I have to schedule my gender scan for 18-20 weeks. Then after that I prob wont even get anymore. Out here some people only get one which sums everything up (NT scan, EDD, Gender... etc.) Im lucky too even be getting three this pregnancy. I am looking into getting a private scan for a possible early gender scan and then going to my regular gender scan. Try getting a private scan before he leaves so he can see the baby. Hope it all works out.:hugs:

Well is too late for that because he leaves tomorrow evening.Is nothing I can do anymore so fast.

My doctor didn't even told me the heart beats per minute. I think I will fill a complain for that praxis.

Well is too late for that because he leaves tomorrow evening.Is nothing I can do anymore so fast.

My doctor didn't even told me the heart beats per minute. I think I will fill a complain for that praxis.

Oh man :( I would change to a different office. Maybe someone you know can recommend you to a better facility where you can get all the things you want and should get out of being seen and taken care of.

I wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcome. :)

At my appt yesterday all they did was find the heart beat with the doppler, just heard it for about 30 seconds and that was all. They didn't even count it :(. Next appt is on my b-day, March 12!!! I will have an US then and if they can't tell me the gender we are going to get a 3d/4d scan so we can find out, because we can't wait!!

So far I have gotten an ultrasound at every single appointment I have had. Not sure if I will get one next week but so far I've had them at every visit. If he doesn't do the us next week then I will book a private scan to find out gender.

It amazes me how much difference there is where us are concerned, I am guessing it is mainly from country to country but also gobsmacked how many of you ladies don't know what will happen at each appointment and when! At my booking appointment with the midwife (week 9) I was given a very clear overview of when all my appointments would be and what would happen at each one and I was also given this in writing so I wouldn't forget. I guess I can count my lucky stars its pretty good care where I live!

I don't know what to do.

I understand your worry. At 25 weeks or so they ask you to start counting the kicks. generally there is no need to count as baby is kicking the snot out of you - but should you notice a decrease in movements - you call the dr - You will likely get a scan. You know your baby is alive because its beating u up from the inside out. Also they can tell the position of the baby (most of the time, by feel). My dr's and OB's were always able to tell how my daughter was positioned. And they know your baby is growing on target as they will measure your fundal height - this is from your pubic bone, to the top of your uterus. Usually you will measure correctly. If you do not (too large or to small) they will likely investigate - which can include ultrasound. Finally when they "guess" the weight of your baby at a late u/s (like when people get them at 36 or 38 weeks) its a guess... can be out by 1-2lbs! big difference between a 6-8 or an 8-10 lbs baby at actual birth.

I understand your anger - and i would be upset that my hubby would be away and not able to see baby as well. Keep in mind MOST places do the entire scan (30-45 mintues) while your family waits in waiting room, then let them in for 5 mintues at the end to see.

What you experienced was pretty normal - although upsetting. If you are uncomfortable with your care, by all means switch! but i don't know that you are going to find a major upgrade in anything.

AS for counting the HB. My midwife and Dr NEVER have. They just say "baby is happy!" i have bought a doppler and i will count myself at home sometimes. but babies heart rates vary so so so much - its really not a prediction of anything (i suppose in the case of a super slow HB it could be tragic).

I don't know what to do.

I understand your worry. At 25 weeks or so they ask you to start counting the kicks. generally there is no need to count as baby is kicking the snot out of you - but should you notice a decrease in movements - you call the dr - You will likely get a scan. You know your baby is alive because its beating u up from the inside out. Also they can tell the position of the baby (most of the time, by feel). My dr's and OB's were always able to tell how my daughter was positioned. And they know your baby is growing on target as they will measure your fundal height - this is from your pubic bone, to the top of your uterus. Usually you will measure correctly. If you do not (too large or to small) they will likely investigate - which can include ultrasound. Finally when they "guess" the weight of your baby at a late u/s (like when people get them at 36 or 38 weeks) its a guess... can be out by 1-2lbs! big difference between a 6-8 or an 8-10 lbs baby at actual birth.

I understand your anger - and i would be upset that my hubby would be away and not able to see baby as well. Keep in mind MOST places do the entire scan (30-45 mintues) while your family waits in waiting room, then let them in for 5 mintues at the end to see.

What you experienced was pretty normal - although upsetting. If you are uncomfortable with your care, by all means switch! but i don't know that you are going to find a major upgrade in anything.

AS for counting the HB. My midwife and Dr NEVER have. They just say "baby is happy!" i have bought a doppler and i will count myself at home sometimes. but babies heart rates vary so so so much - its really not a prediction of anything (i suppose in the case of a super slow HB it could be tragic).
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->