AUGUST 2013 babies...

2nd tri tomorrow also!I want my energy back and this hunger can disappear for a little while too.

I am 12 weeks tomorrow and we have our second appt at 4pm. Im excited, but I am also nervous. Just jitters I guess, can't wait to hear the heartbeat!!

I wish you ladies great pregnancies. I will be taking a break from this thread for awhile. If anyone wants to PM me, you're welcome to do that. Good luck to you all.

Hi there, can you please remove me from August 28th, unfortunately we have suffered a Miscarriage this weekend so sadly this is not

So sorry Lovechristmas, wishing you all the best for your next sticky bean :hugs:

Lovechristmas - so sorry to hear your news. I hope you get your sticky bean soon. Hugs. x

So sorry to hear lovechristmas, wishing you all the best of luck in the future :hugs: xxx

I've got my next midwife apt tomorrow. I had the first one before my 12 week scan which was long and boring. Does anyone know what happens in this next apt? My husband can't get the day off work, and I don't drive (yet), so unfortunately my MIL has to take me to my appointment. It's just so awkward, anyway, wondered if anyone could guess if this will be a long or short apt?

should be very short and uneventful. just measurements and checking HR..

I've got my next midwife apt tomorrow. I had the first one before my 12 week scan which was long and boring. Does anyone know what happens in this next apt? My husband can't get the day off work, and I don't drive (yet), so unfortunately my MIL has to take me to my appointment. It's just so awkward, anyway, wondered if anyone could guess if this will be a long or short apt?

Well on my 8+ week one, i registered my pregnancy basically with a midwife and she gave me my green file to complete at home and urine pot to bring filled for my appointment, a week later I had to see my midwife where she took my bloods, my green file and the urine sample, booked my 12 week scan and kept my green folder.

At my 12 week scan, I went in, had my scan and offered me screening (but i declined), was really quick, 5 minutes probably? Only to date the pregnancy and to check HR and how many babies. "you will see on top left corner of my scan it says "Not for diagnosis" . Then sent off to wait for a midwife to call me back in, so 10 min later a midwife called me in, basically going through my green file which now had my blood/urine results on it and then spoke to me about everything offered by the NHS. Further booked my 20 week scan as well.

As i have had consecutive losses, i was also booked in for further tests. So basically if there were any concerns with your blood/urine test, previous pregnancies etc, this will also be covered,

After that i was sent home with my scans, which cost £3.00 each in Lancashire.

At 20 weeks is where they do all the measurements of your tummy and baby and diagnostics.
Hope this was of some use to you - But how long it takes, can vary really, my appointment was at 14:14, they only called me in at 15:25, so just the waiting can take a while (NHS for you)

OH, PS remember to ask for your first Bounty Pack

:hi: Hi everyone!!

Im Brittani and I was wondering if I could join you guys. I was part of another August thread but didn't feel welcome at all.

Im due August 26th with my first baby. I am so excited!!

Got rear ended this weekend by some dumb driver. The impact wasn't too hard, but I can't stop worry about bean. I really hope the baby is ok and I am worrying over nothing. Every ache and pull since the accident has sent me into a panic. I plan to call the doc tomorrow but in the meantime I can't help but worry :/

Hi there, can you please remove me from August 28th, unfortunately we have suffered a Miscarriage this weekend so sadly this is not

brittani - Hi Brittani, Welcome to the thread and congratulations on your pregnancy :D

Hope1409 - I am sure everything will be just fine!!! Let us know how your call to the doc goes tomorrow. In the meantime I shall be thinking of you

Lovechristmas - So so sorry to read your post. Know that you will remain in our thoughts and that we are all here for you! xxxx

My pregnancy, well so far, I would say I have probably picked up a good 7 kg's in this first tri. I blame all the crazy hunger pains I had. But saying that, they are no more, so I am hoping things should start to balance out a bit more (weight wise). But then who would of thought one can actually gain so much weight from living off melon, grapes, tomatoes and cucumber :wacko:

My belly, well its huge, i wonder if it may have something to do with having small hips perhaps? I have to admit I am more out of breath the past week. I can barely have full conversations with friends and I become out of breath.

Doppler, oh boy, i dont think this little rascal of mine is fond of the Doppler. I am finding it harder now then I did when I was like 9+ weeks to measure the HR. I get a bout 2 seconds of HB then baby moves and so it goes on. But this has been the case for a good 2 weeks now. I am thinking its those brand new feet and fingers doing a lot of swimming around.

3 more weeks and i can go for my sexing scan (private), just cant wait !!!!!

But either than that ALL OK :D and I am still in love and on :cloud9:

How are you all doing? How is tri 2 treating you all so far?

Update....went to the docs office this morning and baby is fine :) he checked and everything was intact and perfect so that was a major relief!!!

Cordelia, I agree with runnergrl, probably just check your BP, urine and possible babys heartbeat.. Although my midwife said they dont check hb until 24wks here!

Hope, glad all is well with baby. Thats great news. :D

Pineapple, cant believe they charge you £3 per picture! Do they not even give you one free of charge? Im in Lanarkshire, scotland so im hoping they dont charge here.. May take some pennies just in
case!

Well I have my scan on Thursday, valentines day =D So excited, and pleased that I didnt need to wait long after my booking appointment, which was on thursday there. I still dont really feel pregnant, my bump isnt there and I want to see my little baby so I know everything is alright! Only 2 days to go =D

Hope everyone is keeping well xx

MM2B-how exciting to see your little love on Valentine's day! how sweet:) I popped overnight at 13 weeks. I seriously cant believe how big I am already. I hope it doesnt mean I will get bigger over all, just that I show sooner!

hello ladies! I am due august 10th with my second child. Right now im on week 14... the counter under this shows the exact days. My original due date was august the 3rd but when I went for my first US they found out I mustve ovulated late and was actually measuring for august 10th. Second US for NT was done and it came out great. Still measuring that same due date... even tho I peeked at the screen when she left to get the DR. to sign papers and I saw it said 12 weeks 5 days under the 12 weeks 4 days... so I mustve been measuring one day ahead. Next apt to see my midwife is tomorrow and im nervous. :wacko:

hello ladies! I am due august 10th with my second child. Right now im on week 14... the counter under this shows the exact days. My original due date was august the 3rd but when I went for my first US they found out I mustve ovulated late and was actually measuring for august 10th. Second US for NT was done and it came out great. Still measuring that same due date... even tho I peeked at the screen when she left to get the DR. to sign papers and I saw it said 12 weeks 5 days under the 12 weeks 4 days... so I mustve been measuring one day ahead. Next apt to see my midwife is tomorrow and im nervous. :wacko:

We have the same due date! Glad to hear your NT scan went well. Since the scans were good, your appt tomorrow should be fine. My last appt was around 12 weeks 5 days and all they did was ask how I was doing, check vital signs and weight, and listen to the baby's heartbeat with a doppler. Try not to be too nervous. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->