AUGUST 2013 babies...

I always gave my son a little bit of water every now and then. They do get really thirsty and youll notice because they will suck on that bottle of water and cry for more. There shouldn't be a problem with water as long as u don't use it instead of milk. I never gave my son tea but my fiancé would give him Gatorade when I wasn't around and when I was introducing my son to regular milk, my fiancé confessed to have been feeding the baby some of his cereal and milk whenever the baby was around him during breakfast even before I introduced my son to milk ... They really do make it seem like baby will just break in half for some things that really do no harm.

I had my son in Germany and there to give fennel tea to babies is very common.because it helps with the colic,you boil the water in order to make the tea and have some kind of light flavor.I haven't look here to see what kind of newborn tea they have but I hope I will find it.I am just wondering why they say you should not give water to babies when they actually do get thirsty.

Second time moms I need to ask you something that keeps me wondering.
Do you give water or tea to babies?since I entered this BB I read that absolutely not,you should not do that.
Well this is confusing me.
With my son,I was breastfeeding and even then I gave him fennel tea,which is good for settling an upset tummy.He didn't drink to much just a sip or two after the feeding and between the feedings.
I never heard before that you can't give water or unsweetened tea to a baby.My mother told me that she gave to us and that the breast milk is sweet and a baby has thirst too.

I just don't know who or what should I believe.

I am not a second time mom, but I was brought up in South Africa, and what I know is everyone gives their babies Rooibos tea "Redbush tea", and I will be doing the same. I dont know about fennel tea. But i do know about "Redbush" (Rooibos) tea, which is what we use in South Africa. I also drink it during pregnancy, and really have done through out my life.

It has many many health benefits.

Do a google search on it. And with that, I am no Doctor, but it is a tea which pretty much every person in SA drinks and uses for their babies. So I cant see that tea is a 100% no go. But like i said, I have no experience on Fennel tea though

I had my son in Germany and there to give fennel tea to babies is very common.because it helps with the colic,you boil the water in order to make the tea and have some kind of light flavor.I haven't look here to see what kind of newborn tea they have but I hope I will find it.I am just wondering why they say you should not give water to babies when they actually do get thirsty.

I have no idea, but i can give it a guess. Water is usually chemically treated, so you have the chemicals like chlorine to think about, or in other cases water is not treated.

So my guess would be Boiled water, cooled down could be ok? For those mums, who use formula, well, you have to use boiling water which you have cooled down (sterilized).

I can only guess, they say it to avoid any one from just giving their babies water straight from the tap for instance.

But its all just my guess :D

I'm not a 2nd time mom, but helped a lot with my 4 and 5 year old nephews when they were babies. My brother gave them a little bit of water occasionally when they were a few months old. He either used boiled water that was cooled or the sterilized nursery water you can buy in stores.

Pineapple, congrats on your GIRL!! How exciting :D

I never gave my dd anything other than milk for the first 5/6 months or so. After that, I introduced water in a sippy cup with her solids. Its one of those decisions you make and it dosnt matter what anyone else thinks! A little sip of weak tea/water etc isnt going to do any harm to your baby.

Im unsure whether I have felt baby yet, i will *think* I felt a little pop or something, and it wont happen again so its impossible to tell really! I cant wait to start feeling obvious baby movements though!

OMG this thread i think is full of GIRL babies if i am not mistaken???? how many girls do we have and how many boys? This is so exciting. I cannot believe we are 4 months down and only 5 more to go.....time really does fly!!!

Not sure on the water/tea topic since this is my first, but i remember my sister would give both her kids a little bit of water after they turned 3 months....especially since both babies were summer babies.

Pineapple, congrats on your GIRL!! How exciting :D

I never gave my dd anything other than milk for the first 5/6 months or so. After that, I introduced water in a sippy cup with her solids. Its one of those decisions you make and it dosnt matter what anyone else thinks! A little sip of weak tea/water etc isnt going to do any harm to your baby.

Im unsure whether I have felt baby yet, i will *think* I felt a little pop or something, and it wont happen again so its impossible to tell really! I cant wait to start feeling obvious baby movements though!

OMG this thread i think is full of GIRL babies if i am not mistaken???? how many girls do we have and how many boys? This is so exciting. I cannot believe we are 4 months down and only 5 more to go.....time really does fly!!!

Not sure on the water/tea topic since this is my first, but i remember my sister would give both her kids a little bit of water after they turned 3 months....especially since both babies were summer babies.

MrsMurphy2Be - Thank you :D - Totally Agree, I think its one of those personal choices. And everything in moderation.

Hope1409 - Whoop Whoop! nearly half way!!!!

I feel like the first trimester went a little slow for me because I was worrying about how the baby was doing the whole time. Now that I'm into the second trimester, it seems to be going by so fast. I have the feeling things will slow down for me again in the summer when it's so hot and I'll be wanting my due date to arrive, lol. Anyone else feel that way?

So quiet here!this threat looks like is going to die.
Kerrbear-i feel too that the time is going by fast but I do enjoy it.I can't wait for the summer.
I had an awesome weekend and done some baby shopping.Monday I go back to work,I guess my break from it was good but now is time to get active again for a few months.
This is what I got yesterday

Attachments

• IMAG0820.jpg
    IMAG0820.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 6
cute Jazzy!

No I dont think this thread is dying, I just think its slow over the weekends. that how it seems anyway.. maybe/?

I dont feel like time is going fast at all! In fact, I think its crawling by!!! I still have yet to feel movement consistently, and the book I am reading says "you have felt baby move by now, or you will very soon" which is so frustrating because I thought you were suppose to feel movement sooner with your second!
I guess I cant complain much though because all I have to do is break out my doppler for reassurance<3

I don't feel movement either,I feel every now and then something but nothing strong to know for sure that it is the baby.My app says the same thing.I want so bad to be a punching bag:)

they shouldnt say that stuff unless its 100% true in all cases! say it for like 22 weeks or something, not 17!! such a letdown!

although, there was one person in a 2nd tri thread about how early did you fee movement, who claims she felt baby consistently from 9 weeks on.... ummm...ok..

I brought that up to my doctor and he actually started laughing. He said it was "virtually and physically impossible" to feel movement until 14-15 weeks at the earliest, but that MOST women wont feel full blown kicks and punches until closer to 20 weeks.

I'm still not feeling too much. I can tell it's definitely the baby, but my doctor said that I would only feel it occasionally until about 20-22 weeks. Then it will be more regular.

Still not felt any movement here either, although this is my first so don't expect to for a couple of weeks yet. Can't wait until I do!

Hey ladies! I haven't been on all weekend. I work two jobs now so I have been so busy working and sleeping and working and sleeping with no time to myself and then when I get home I have to clean and cook :wacko:... its so frustrating and I just wanna cry all the time.:cry: Wish fiancé would understand and do all that stuff since hes not working and is always home while I am pregnant and working two jobs to get extra money:dohh:... im the one working and making the money to support this family at the moment. It sucks. Makes me want to quit both jobs and let him do all the work.:growlmad: I cant wait until he goes back to work!!

Well enough venting from me...

I felt the baby kick my hand last night. It seems the baby only moves around when im sleeping. I got to wake up in the middle of the night and felt the baby so I put my hand on my belly and felt a tiny kick. :cloud9:It was pretty cool. 1 more day of work and I get to see what we are having :happydance:

they shouldnt say that stuff unless its 100% true in all cases! say it for like 22 weeks or something, not 17!! such a letdown!

Even on Wikipedia they say the quickening happen the second time at 15-17 week.
So I feel something every now and then but not sure if is the baby.it happens like today 2 inches under my belly button.I am sure it will happen soon for us.

Hey ladies! I haven't been on all weekend. I work two jobs now so I have been so busy working and sleeping and working and sleeping with no time to myself and then when I get home I have to clean and cook :wacko:... its so frustrating and I just wanna cry all the time.:cry: Wish fiancé would understand and do all that stuff since hes not working and is always home while I am pregnant and working two jobs to get extra money:dohh:... im the one working and making the money to support this family at the moment. It sucks. Makes me want to quit both jobs and let him do all the work.:growlmad: I cant wait until he goes back to work!!

I felt the baby kick my hand last night. It seems the baby only moves around when im sleeping. I got to wake up in the middle of the night and felt the baby so I put my hand on my belly and felt a tiny kick. :cloud9:It was pretty cool. 1 more day of work and I get to see what we are having :happydance:
Sorry you have to go through this.Your fiance needs to help a lot more especially when you approach your third tri.But I would do the same for my family and my hubby will have to help with the household.
Awesome that you can feel for sure your baby,some here are still waiting for that kick!

I'm sorry you're working so hard and your DF isn't. I'm looking for a second job right now. I want to save more so that I can take a longer maternity leave. My leave is unpaid and I don't want to use vacation time if I don't have to. I do get short term disability payments of $200/week for 6 weeks while I'm out, but that's certainly not enough to cover the bills!

I hope your DF starts helping out soon. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->