AUGUST 2013 babies...

I wake up on my back recently and it freaks me out! Can this really harm baby? I mean, every exam and dr appt they have you lie flat on your back.. and you labor on your back... I dont realy get it. I do try to sleep on my sides though!

I think that if it will cut circulation your brain will signalize the body to move.is like when you sleep on your arm and it gets numb and you have to move.I am no doctor but I trust the brain lol
OK don't know how to explain it :)

I guess its not really good to lie on your back too long back because of the slow in blood going to the baby or something and all the pressure. During my ultrasound they had me lie on my back for an hour and I was in so much pain I told them I couldn't do it any more and had to pee and get up so bad. My right side is the most comfortable to me even tho they say u should sleep on your left.. I try but it bothers me a lot. I wonder what lying on your back while having a placenta that's all the way in the front does? Like is it worse or is it diff since its not back there...

I guess its not really good to lie on your back too long back because of the slow in blood going to the baby or something and all the pressure. During my ultrasound they had me lie on my back for an hour and I was in so much pain I told them I couldn't do it any more and had to pee and get up so bad. My right side is the most comfortable to me even tho they say u should sleep on your left.. I try but it bothers me a lot. I wonder what lying on your back while having a placenta that's all the way in the front does? Like is it worse or is it diff since its not back there...

Interesting! I wonder that too! Im sure my placenta is anterior because I have felt very little movement so far and some women are already feelking kicks on the outside!

there is a major artery that runs along your spine.. so when you lay on your back, the weight of your uterus/baby/placenta, places pressure on the artery and slows the blood flow. I don't think its dangerous to lay on your back for short periods of time, and as someone else posted, im pretty sure you would wake and change positions before any damage was done. but its just recommended to stay off your back to be safe.

there is a major artery that runs along your spine.. so when you lay on your back, the weight of your uterus/baby/placenta, places pressure on the artery and slows the blood flow. I don't think its dangerous to lay on your back for short periods of time, and as someone else posted, im pretty sure you would wake and change positions before any damage was done. but its just recommended to stay off your back to be safe.

still scary! Freaks me out to wake up like that.. Thank you for the info!:thumbup:

Interesting! I wonder that too! Im sure my placenta is anterior because I have felt very little movement so far and some women are already feelking kicks on the outside!

Yeah I haven't felt any kicks on the outside.. well I did one time on my left lower side and my fiancé says he felt it once too while I was sleeping but that's it... I put my hand on my belly and I don't feel anything I can only feel it from the inside... I hope we both get to share this feeling with everyone soon... I cant wait until my son can feel him..

What kicks on the outside?:cry:ah I am turning green right now!
Another day and feel nothing there in my tummy.
I forgot to tell that when I lay on my back my tummy gets hard sometimes.does are braxton hicks right?

Feeling the baby kick with your hand and being able to see it.

It's okay you will feel baby again soon. Pretty soon you will feel the baby every single day.

My tummy gets hard too if I lay on my back too long... hmm maybe Braxton hicks? idk but my uterus does get hard and it kinda hurts me...

18 week! Did I grow since the last pic?
Can't figure out myself..

Attachments

• IMAG0848.jpg
    IMAG0848.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 7
aww nice bump!!! I should post one of mine... hold on lol

This is me at 19 weeks with baby #2 :flower:

I ALREADY HAVE A NAME FOR BABY BLUE!! :happydance:

Attachments

• belly.jpg
    belly.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 1
Happy to have a pizza,chicken wings and some coke!
So tired of all the healthy things!

I still don't feel nothing major moving inside my tummy....sure hope everything is normal.

I still don't feel nothing major moving inside my tummy....sure hope everything is normal.

I haven't felt anything all day from my lil boy either so I know how u feel...

I actually had some pizza and pepsi yesterday... lately I have been eating more freely... I need to get back to eating healthy tho...

This is me at 19 weeks with baby #2 :flower:

I ALREADY HAVE A NAME FOR BABY BLUE!! :happydance:

what a great bump!!! I'll post mine tonight when I get home. And are you sharing his name?? :thumbup:

So far I like the name Ian Alexander but my fiance doesn't like the name Ian so he settled as it being his middle name so it would be Alexander Ian... I'm sure first name will change... but Ian will be the middle name for sure

My 9 year old name is Alexander!
But he is German so there is very common.I like Alexander I call him Alex though.
His whole name is Alexander Karl Fischer-so german!

You ladies think my bump has grown?I am just so worried about the lack of movements so I try with every other things to compensate that everything is normal!

Ok ladies I have officially felt my little girl kick!!! All those bubbles I was feeling the past few weeks have now turned into me feeling her and seeing my tummy "bump". I still get startled but I am sure over time I will get use to it. It is the most amazing thing....even dh saw my belly move and he loved it! He is glued next to me with his hand on my tummy, lol. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->