AUGUST 2013 babies...

any of you find yourself already wondering what baby will look like? I find that my sonograms make me wonder even more! We got a great look at his profile and a facial shot of the front part of his face last friday and clearly saw his nose, mouth, and chin, and it was super amazing!! <3 Ahhh so in LOVE!!!

I actually got to see the baby in 3D and He looks exactly like his daddy!! :haha:
They showed me my baby in 3D, but he didn't look like his daddy unless the IVF clinic messed up and his daddy is Satan. :haha:

Glad to hear about the active babies :)
Since last week my lo is kicking every day.I don't need the Doppler anymore.especially when I talk I guess he/she hear me and start kicking.and early in the morning like 4 or 5 I feel it too.

Where are you going to buy cribs from?who started with the nursery?I like JC penny a lot so far...

I'm totally undecided on where to buy the crib. I was leaning towards Babies R Us, but that's far from settled. I hadn't even considered JC Penny - I should have a look to see that they have.

Babies r us is to expensive for me,personally. I think is not a need to be so expensive. Is not the crib itself which are like 400-600$ but when you want to buy a whole set then it gets expensive. Plus we need mattress,bedding,stroller,2 car seats....so yeah I am searching online a lot to find an alternative and so far JC Penny have nice things and good quality it seems.

Im in Canada so its a bit different but when we bought my DD's set they had it at Babies r Us in Canada - the crib was $549 (storkcraft brand). I ended up purchasing the crib, matteress, dresser AND change table (exact same model) for $600 at walmart in USA for all 3 pieces :shock: AND I had an issue with the change table (2 left sides in the box) storkcraft RUSH shipped me a replacement right side free!

Im in Canada so its a bit different but when we bought my DD's set they had it at Babies r Us in Canada - the crib was $549 (storkcraft brand). I ended up purchasing the crib, matteress, dresser AND change table (exact same model) for $600 for all 3 pieces :shock: AND I had an issue with the change table (2 left sides in the box) storkcraft RUSH shipped me a replacement right side free!

So if you buy a set at babies r us is going to be cheaper?that will be awesome I found a set at JC Penny for 950.

Im in Canada so its a bit different but when we bought my DD's set they had it at Babies r Us in Canada - the crib was $549 (storkcraft brand). I ended up purchasing the crib, matteress, dresser AND change table (exact same model) for $600 for all 3 pieces :shock: AND I had an issue with the change table (2 left sides in the box) storkcraft RUSH shipped me a replacement right side free!

So if you buy a set at babies r us is going to be cheaper?that will be awesome I found a set at JC Penny for 950.

Oh I totally missed part of my post where I bought the whole set from WALMART in USA...

Oh I totally missed part of my post where I bought the whole set from WALMART in USA...
Lol

I looked at Walmart too but to put everything I want for 600$ it will be a challenge.. But I will look into it more.

i got my crib off craigslist for $100 and I refinished it. I also bought Brady's bedding off Craigslist and it was in excellent condition. (I washed it in scorching hot water anyway), and, come to think of it, I got his Bob (stroller) off Craigslist too! It really is a great resource (in the US) if you do your homework and make sure the stuff comes from a good, clean home. I plan on selling it all again on their when i am finished with it!

I already have a crib! I actually got it at JC Penney when my son was a baby. We only used it like once.. He never liked the crib and only the play pen. We thought waste of money back then cuz we never used it but now we see why it was a good buy with a new one on the way! It has drawers underneath and it turns into a toddler bed, day bed and headboard and foot board for the big bed. I don't think it was more than 300 bucks either.

We will be using my dds moses basket. She was only in it for a matter of months so its still in excellent shape... Plus its only about £10 for a new mattress. We also have a cot which was the spare one at my mums and only used a handful of times. Its from Ikea. Its not a full size cotbed but it will do for the best part of 2 years.

We have still to buy anything for baby, cant wait until we find out what we are having.. Just want to buy something!!

On another note... I wish this snow would F#*% off!!!

I got a Mamas & Papas gliding crib second hand for £50 it's like new! Just bought a new mattress and bedding

yes i only have a few things to buy for this baby. I never had a bassinet for my dd (we co-slept) and while that may happen again, i would like one this time. Also i wore my DD in my Beco Gemini ALL THE TIME from when she was about 3 months until i got pregnant. So i would like a newborn baby carrier this time. Everything else is still in good shape or i have it passed down to me from friends. Very lucky!

my baby girl is nocturnal, lol. like an alarm clock at 11pm she starts her acrobats. it is amazing!!! i have waited 2 long years to experience this so i am enjoying every second of it.

as for the nursery, i spent close to $3,000 so i don't think i qualify to partake in shopping on a budget, lol. me and dh wanted a particular look and style for her room and the only place we found it was a small boutique. i can't wait until we all get our nursery set up and start sharing photos on here. before you know it, we will be sharing our LO's photos :) halfway there!!!

Going to my first second hand baby store next week or if I get my taxes this week ill stop by this week on my day off or before/after work. I am doing the fisher-price rainforest collection theme. My mom already got the bedding set. We couldn't find the crib bedding so we are using the toddler because it fits the crib. We just gotta make the small pillow cases and buy the skirt and bumper. At the second hand store I found the bouncer at just 30 dollars which is half of what it is selling for in stores. I found the swing for 25 on craigslist. Next week ill go baby shopping and pick all those things up for sure lol I have been working my butt off at 2 jobs for this dang it!! Im getting what I want lol :haha:

I found my swing at a consignment sale.is worth new 169$ I got it for 70$,I found a very nice bassinet for 25$ and tons of clothes,baby decor,nursery lamp,bath tub,bedding.I also made my own bedding because I like to sew.I don't need to buy cheap but I know that some of the things will not be used for a long time and second hand baby items some of them are like new.
I will look into craigslist too for furniture maybe I find something there is just as long as my husband is not here I can't do anything because I can't lift.

This is how my nursery look now...lots of piles

Attachments

• FB_IMG_13635326055952740.jpg
    FB_IMG_13635326055952740.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 6
Wish the new baby would have his own room but I live in a two bedroom apartment and right now its very affordable and we might stay here for another year... which sucks because its not big. I have to switch rooms with my son before baby is born because his room is big enough for him only and mine is big enough for two kids. Im not going to have any space at all in the small room. Our bed will be taking up all the space in his room when we switch. Just a sacrifice we have to make for now. Im trying to decorate one half for the baby and the other half for my lil man. So much harder when he wants it to be Cars and his fave color is red and the baby's side is all baby rainforest animals.

Anyone else having the siblings share a room?

My dd will be sharing her room with the new baby after 6 months (or however many it takes!)
Her room is quite small, but should be big enough to fit them both in. Might need to rearrange a bit though. Its a funny shape though, as instead of a square room, one corner is at an angle which makes it akward... It would be waaay easier if it was a normal shape!

Probably look into finding a bigger place after the new year, but we are in no rush.. And im not worriwd about them sharing a room at such a young age.

We still havent bought anything.. Im getting extremely impatient!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->