AUGUST 2013 babies...

Hey ladies. I had an ultrasound on 3/25. They saw a bright spot on the baby's heart and are calling it an echogenic cardiac focus. They said it is sometimes a marker of downs syndrome. I'm not considered at high risk for downs. All the measurments were right on or a day ahead and they didn't see any other markers. They said it's most likely nothing and will be gone by the third trimester. They offered to refer me to maternal/fetal medicine for a level II ultrasound if I wanted to. They said it wasn't necessary and that I could just have another ultrasound at my next appt in 4 weeks. We opted to just have hte next ultrasound at the next appt. My hubby and I figured that if they were really concerned it was downs that they wouldn't give me the choice of whether or not to have the level II ultrasound.

Has anyone every had the echogenic cardiac focus show up on their ultrasound or know someone who has? If so, what ended up happening?

I hope everyone else is doing well!!!

no experience but :hugs: Kerrbear. It sounds like everything will be fine, but its so hard not to worry

Kerrbear big :hugs: I am sure it's nothing to worry about but easier said than done, I know x

:hug: Kerrbear- Praying it clears up soon as to put your mind as ease!

Kerrbear-i am sure everything will turn out just just fine.

My belly button is about to pop out,lol and I am full of acne,even on my butt:haha:
Got to love it:)

Kerrbear :hugs: im sure all will be just fine though!

ooh lots of scans this week, mine is on thursday! It seems like ive been waiting forever!! Still have a strong feeling its a girl, and i will be so shocked (although extremely excited) if they tell me its a boy.

Finally been feeling kicks for the last few days rather than rolls, theyre still very light but definitely baby! Maybe I have an anterior placenta? I felt them at 16wks with my dd.

Off to the cinema tonight to see The Host, so excited to get out and do something different =D

What are we all up to this weekend? Xx

Hello! Trying to get myself out there and meet some other pregnant women as I know known in my area. This is my first time so I'm nervous and busy trying to devour as many books as I can. I'm due August 25th and we find out the sex of the baby on April 08. I'm counting down the days! They seem to pass sooo slowly! I work overnights so I've basically been exhausted the entire pregnancy and I've stayed up way too late today trying to read through the forums so I'll make this my last post and hit the hay. It's great to meet all of you and I hope I make some bump buddies. Hope you're having a great day!

Hello! Trying to get myself out there and meet some other pregnant women as I know known in my area. This is my first time so I'm nervous and busy trying to devour as many books as I can. I'm due August 25th and we find out the sex of the baby on April 08. I'm counting down the days! They seem to pass sooo slowly! I work overnights so I've basically been exhausted the entire pregnancy and I've stayed up way too late today trying to read through the forums so I'll make this my last post and hit the hay. It's great to meet all of you and I hope I make some bump buddies. Hope you're having a great day!

Hi,Caitrin welcome here:)

Working overnight sucks,although, right now I suffer from insomnia so I think that will help a lot with sleeping.

Kerrbear :hugs: im sure all will be just fine though!

ooh lots of scans this week, mine is on thursday! It seems like ive been waiting forever!! Still have a strong feeling its a girl, and i will be so shocked (although extremely excited) if they tell me its a boy.

Finally been feeling kicks for the last few days rather than rolls, theyre still very light but definitely baby! Maybe I have an anterior placenta? I felt them at 16wks with my dd.

Off to the cinema tonight to see The Host, so excited to get out and do something different =D

What are we all up to this weekend? Xx

I can't wait for my scan....I hope everything will be OK with the baby.Right after I know the sex I will go to do some shopping. Everyone will wait for me to text and say what it is but I will just keep them alert for a while by not answering the phone he he.
I need a idea how to tell hubby.no plans this weekend,just me and my dog at the park.

We had a great day yesterday! Went downtown to see the inlaws and my husbands brother and we all went to the zoo. Brady loves it and the animals were awesome!! Then we went to lunch together- came home and took a nap before church. We went to church last night because today the services will be so crowded! After church Brady did an Easter egg hunt and it was insanely funny. He loooves candy and was obsessed with opening each egg to see what was inside before moving to the next. Great day overall. I love Easter! Jesus is Risen!

Hi Ladies, I hope everyone has had a nice Easter?

I unfortunately have not :nope:

On Friday I started spotting which continued throughout the day and was joined by slight belly ache into Saturday, I was also conscious that bubs wasn't doing the usual summersaults, needless to say I was frantic! :cry:

Thankfully, I saw the midwife at my local hospital on Saturday and all is well with a good strong heartbeat :thumbup: the gynaecologist did an internal and was happy that the cervix was still closed and said she could see a small abrasion on the cervix which is probably to blame for the spotting. There is now a ban on all bedroom activity for the foreseeable :nope:

I am so relived and can honestly say I have never been so terrified in my whole life! Roll on Thursday for my scan, can't wait to see bubs even though he / she is now as active as ever again, such a reassuring feeling <3<3<3

On Friday I started spotting which continued throughout the day and was joined by slight belly ache into Saturday, I was also conscious that bubs wasn't doing the usual summersaults, needless to say I was frantic! :cry:

Thankfully, I saw the midwife at my local hospital on Saturday and all is well with a good strong heartbeat :thumbup: the gynaecologist did an internal and was happy that the cervix was still closed and said she could see a small abrasion on the cervix which is probably to blame for the spotting. There is now a ban on all bedroom activity for the foreseeable :nope:

I am so relived and can honestly say I have never been so terrified in my whole life! Roll on Thursday for my scan, can't wait to see bubs even though he / she is now as active as ever again, such a reassuring feeling <3<3<3
So thankful to hear that everything turned out ok! :hugs: I know how scary that is, but so happy to hear you had a positive outcome! I will pray that everything checks out and continues to improve:thumbup: So glad your little one is giving you those reassuring movements! :flower:

Oh wow soo soo relieved the little one is ok and doing well. I guess even before they are physically here, we worry about them and every little ache, twitch, etc. It's all part of becoming a mom I guess. I am a worry wuss myself so I know I am going to be kicking myself in the butt over every little thing now and when baby gets here. Get your rest and kick your feet up when you can! :hugs:

Hi All

I've been away for a wee bit. Had my brother visit from abroad, and all my work stuff happening (wrapping up work due to redundancies etc).

I am so happy to read everyone's news on the movements of their sweet little ones. It's so reassuring. (well my Doppler is pretty much redundant now).

Well done Ladies!!!!! We are half way!!! :) I have to admit I am starting to feel pretty heavy now. I have never put any thought into the handles my bath has, up until now :) I dont know what I would have done without them.

Update:
We had our scan at 18 weeks 5 days, our little girl was lying face down, so the mw couldnt do all the checks she needed to do, but managed to do most. So far so good with baby. So we have to go for another one in a few weeks,and hopefully she would have turned around.

As for me, well i was diagnosed with placenta previa. So i have to go back at 32 weeks, to see if the placenta has moved away from cervix, otherwise its a c-section for me, which is something I really really dont want. But as long as my baby is safe and healthy I will be ok with that.

Kicking:
I still only feel fluttering which i have been feeling since 17 weeks exactly, more frequently, but nothing more than that.

Nursery:
When both my brothers came to visit recentlty they and my partner all helped with the nursery, painting, new carpet etc etc. Basically gutted the entire room and re decorated from scratch. Built the furniture etc. I bought the Cocalo set called "Caramel Kisses" here in the UK but "Sweet Latte" in USA about 2 yrs ago, its neutral, well the entire nursery is neutral. But then we are hoping for our little one to have a sibling in a few years time, so we can re-use current nursery.

Oh and of course we have been buying the off girly outfit pretty much every time we go out. We just cant help ourselves. How can you say no to those little ballerina socks?

Its a boy!!

Attachments

• IMAG0871.jpg
    IMAG0871.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 5
  • IMAG0873.jpg
    IMAG0873.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics