AUGUST 2013 babies...

Who suffer from swollen feet and hands?I can't wear my wedding ring anymore because I am so swollen, especially in the joints. To sleep is hard too because my arms fall asleep so quickly. Another weird pregnancy symptom...

So my doctor is not worried at all,he will give me a us later on to make sure that cyst is gone,if not the baby will be born with it but will not have any impact on the development.

Fabulous news Jazzylady. Must be such a relief for you.

I agree that 2nd tri is flying in! My little monkey is getting more active every day, and i just love it! Cant wait for my OH to feel it too.
Have my 20wk rescan today to get the measurements that were missed last week, so Im excited to see my princess again!

Well, amazingly, i can now see my little one kicking/punching. But the moment I put my hand there she stops. So OH still cant experience it. But I am just happy I am at this point now :D We are having our 20 week rescan this friday. Hoping she has turned around facing upward so the MW can do all the checks she couldnt last time. But most of all I get to see my little one again :D

Ohh Love Matalan!! Havent looked there yet, will definitely pick up some things from there soon. So far, we have only got a pack of white vests, white babygros, 2 pretty babygros and some bibs. Oh and a bath seat thing so baby can bath with dd (who is so excited about this!)

I dont think I would spend £100 on a 3d scan either, we werw lucky to get a glimpse of our baby so Im more than happy with that. 20 weeks does seem like aaaages away to wait though!

Heres my princess from today :D

https://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s521/paigesmummyxx/temporary_zps6683e16c.jpg

Our Matalan is pretty small, so only a handful of items and really not wirth the bother to be honest. But I am a fan of Matalan though, I just need to find a bigger one.

What a lovely pic of your baby girl.

Well, after all our losses and this pregnancy going so well (being our first really), we bought a package just shy of £250, but we get 2 sessions for that. Videos and CD with all pics on it. So our first one we got a video and it was so so so worth it along with 51 photos on disc and the sexing + 4 printed pics. The next one we are going to will have all of the above too! but it will be at 29 weeks, so we should see her features then. I cant wait!!

But all in all, I dont mind having paid that, especially with it being 3D

Well, we are team pink!!!

So pleased!! It was such an emotional moment, because it was a private scan there was me, OH, OH's daughter and son and my mum and dad, there were lots of tears of joy :cloud9:

Here are a few of the pics:

Potty Shot, no mistaking my girl! .

Loubyroo - What lovely news!!! Congratulations on your little girl, She looks lovely and such awsome scans. Amazing how you can see her little face so clearly already!

Who suffer from swollen feet and hands?I can't wear my wedding ring anymore because I am so swollen, especially in the joints. To sleep is hard too because my arms fall asleep so quickly. Another weird pregnancy symptom...

Well the swollen feet and ankles I have had for a while now, but then I am on my feet quite a bit. I have noticed the last 2 days that i seem to get pins and needles in my hands very easily, so it must be the same thing?

i forget if I mentioned in here or not that we have a group on FB for August mommies. I started a thread about it but got in trouble.. hopefully wont again. Just didnt want to leave out anyone who wanted to join!

i forget if I mentioned in here or not that we have a group on FB for August mommies. I started a thread about it but got in trouble.. hopefully wont again. Just didnt want to leave out anyone who wanted to join!

Awsome, how do i get to the group?

Ps: lovely pic you got there of your lille boy :D

Awsome, how do i get to the group?

Ps: lovely pic you got there of your lille boy :D

send me a PM with your name and what your profile pic looks like. Ill friend request you and add you to the group :)

Pineapple,yes that is how it starts then they get numb,really annoying, because I can sleep only on my sides.

Ha ha is always this rule in forums that you can't promote other forums,groups etc.

Pineapple,yes that is how it starts then they get numb,really annoying, because I can sleep only on my sides.

Well today when i went for my scan, my feet and hands got pins and needles. So i mentioned it to the midwife and she said to make an appointment with my GP and that carpal tunnel syndrome is common though but shes not sure about if you get it every day, like i am doing now.

So I have one for this afternoon. But my hands havnt stopped with the pins and needles.

I googled:

Carpal tunnel syndrome in pregnancy
Pain and numbness in your hands during pregnancy can be a sign of carpal tunnel syndrome. Learn more about the symptoms and treatment of this common condition.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a common condition in pregnancy, affecting up to half of pregnant women. Symptoms include:

numbness in the hands
tingling and pain in the thumb and fingers of one or both hands
occasionally, reduced manual dexterity.
Symptoms are usually worse at night.

Causes and treatment

In carpal tunnel syndrome one of the main nerves becomes compressed as it passes from the forearm into the hand through the 'carpal tunnel' at the wrist. During pregnancy hormonal changes lead to fluid retention. This can narrow the carpal tunnel and put pressure on the nerves, causing the pain or numbness in the fingers.

Treatment is usually aimed at relieving the symptoms. Painkillers such as paracetamol may help during pregnancy, while anti-inflammatory drugs can be used after your baby is born if the symptoms persist. A wrist splint used at night can also help to alleviate symptoms.

If you are suffering from any of the symptoms listed above, speak to your doctor or midwife who may refer you to a physiotherapist.

Carpal tunnel syndrome after birth

Most cases of carpal tunnel syndrome resolve within six to twelve weeks after birth. If you still have symptoms after this time, seek medical help as you may need treatment to avoid permanent damage.

Well today when i went for my scan, my feet and hands got pins and needles. So i mentioned it to the midwife and she said to make an appointment with my GP and that carpal tunnel syndrome is common though but shes not sure about if you get it every day, like i am doing now.

So I have one for this afternoon. But my hands havnt stopped with the pins and needles.

I googled:

Carpal tunnel syndrome in pregnancy
Pain and numbness in your hands during pregnancy can be a sign of carpal tunnel syndrome. Learn more about the symptoms and treatment of this common condition.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a common condition in pregnancy, affecting up to half of pregnant women. Symptoms include:

numbness in the hands
tingling and pain in the thumb and fingers of one or both hands
occasionally, reduced manual dexterity.
Symptoms are usually worse at night.

Causes and treatment

In carpal tunnel syndrome one of the main nerves becomes compressed as it passes from the forearm into the hand through the 'carpal tunnel' at the wrist. During pregnancy hormonal changes lead to fluid retention. This can narrow the carpal tunnel and put pressure on the nerves, causing the pain or numbness in the fingers.

Treatment is usually aimed at relieving the symptoms. Painkillers such as paracetamol may help during pregnancy, while anti-inflammatory drugs can be used after your baby is born if the symptoms persist. A wrist splint used at night can also help to alleviate symptoms.

If you are suffering from any of the symptoms listed above, speak to your doctor or midwife who may refer you to a physiotherapist.

Carpal tunnel syndrome after birth

Most cases of carpal tunnel syndrome resolve within six to twelve weeks after birth. If you still have symptoms after this time, seek medical help as you may need treatment to avoid permanent damage.
Wow another weird pregnancy symptom....ugh for me is getting harder to sleep because of it.I also have swollen hands and joints,need to talk about it with my OBGYN.
Thank you

I tried so hard not to give in and buy a pregnancy pillow....but today I finally did and will be testing it out shortly. Every morning I wake up with horrible hip pain and sciatic pain. I really hope this pillow helps because I'm sure if the pain is bad now, it's only going to get worse. Oh and I think i have been experiencing Braxton hicks although I'm not sure what they are suppose to feel like. Menstral cramps?

In regards to carpel tunnel, my cousin had it with her pregnancy but she's fine now, two months after birth. I had CP a few years ago due to my job and had to go to physical therapy for it and the lady told me mine would for sure come back whenever I got pregnant. I'm ok so far but let's see what happens.

Hope- be sure to report back on the pillow! I have a love affair with mine, I swear.. My husband even tries to steal it in the middle of the night. sometimes when i wake up to pee, I catch him using it when I get back in bed! It is THE BEST pregnancy investment in my opinion BY FAR!

Hope- be sure to report back on the pillow! I have a love affair with mine, I swear.. My husband even tries to steal it in the middle of the night. sometimes when i wake up to pee, I catch him using it when I get back in bed! It is THE BEST pregnancy investment in my opinion BY FAR!

lol, that is so funny about your husband. i wonder if i will ever catch mine doing that! if i do, that is so going to be picture worthy, lol! i have to say that i did wake up with less hip pain this morning so i think i do have to agree with you about this being the best investment. i wish i had done it sooner :thumbup:

so happy its helped! hopefully it just continues to improve. I cant decide which was is more comfortable. facing the pillow and hugging the whole thing, or just having it behind me supporting my back and between my legs. both work great :thumbup:!

I had it behind me all night and it seemed ok. I will try hugging it tonight and see which works better. I started walking today too, just for an hour though. i dont want to push it given my placenta is still close to my cervix. i really hope by my next appt it goes up to where it should be. I can't believe we are almost in third tri!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->