AUGUST 2013 babies...

Ah I made a mistake.I am getting ready for working in garden with this nice weather and today I went to buy everything I need,but I forgot that I am pregnant and after walking for hours I start having round ligament pains...and now it hurts.I can't go even to the toilet without feeling that my feet will fall.

I can't do everything I did before that's for sure,

Anyway wanted to ask you what kind of diapers you used for your first?Pampers,Huggies, Luvs?which ones do you recommend?

I used Pampers for the first couple of months and then after that I used whatever brand was less and held enough. I went from Pampers to store brands after a couple of months. After a while a diaper is just a diaper.. I used to get the store brand pack at the pharmacy for 5 bucks on sale at times and they worked great on my son.

Well ladies, we are on....

Team PINK!

So excited! My intuition was correct. We got a peek at baby in 4d which was amazing, and the profile shot we got looks identical to dds!

Super happy to be having another girly :D

Super congrats, MrsMurphy2be! I buckled too, private scan booked for next Saturday, I can't not know!

My son is a Pampers kid 100%. we have tried other brands a few times, but always kick ourselves, because they truly are the very best!

My fav's were/are the huggies pure and natural. We actually CD'd J but i don't htink i have it in me to do it with this baby - we shall see LOL

Hi ladies....so exciting to hear about your gender reveals! And as far as kicking goes...my little one loves to do a little river dance between the hours of 10-11pm. Every night it never fails lol.
We have agreed on a name for her...Isabella! :) but we still can't agree on a middle name. I like Rose or London for middle name but getting dh on board is tough. I am open to suggestions ladies :)

So ladies I fainted while I was working this morning about 20-30 min into my shift in front of customers and cashiers. I don't remember how it all happened but I do remember bits. I just felt really dizzy, light headed and nauseous. Awful feeling and never want to go thru it again. Called my midwife and she sent me to the ER. They said I am not eating, sleeping or drinking enough. Now my fiancé has me drinking Gatorade and making sure I eat food/snacks and sleep. Def to start cutting back on work hours. Maybe two jobs is too much but im not quitting both since one is only seasonal and one is permanent. I just have to make sure I get days off and keep up with eating, sleeping and drinking. I never find enough time to do all of that since I am always busy but I want a healthy baby and that scared me so much that now I realized im doing too much.

But on the good side even though I fell when I fainted the baby is doing great and we got to see the baby. The doctor said in his own words "that baby is freaking huge!!" lol Uh oh...

So ladies I fainted while I was working this morning about 20-30 min into my shift in front of customers and cashiers. I don't remember how it all happened but I do remember bits. I just felt really dizzy, light headed and nauseous. Awful feeling and never want to go thru it again. Called my midwife and she sent me to the ER. They said I am not eating, sleeping or drinking enough. Now my fiancé has me drinking Gatorade and making sure I eat food/snacks and sleep. Def to start cutting back on work hours. Maybe two jobs is too much but im not quitting both since one is only seasonal and one is permanent. I just have to make sure I get days off and keep up with eating, sleeping and drinking. I never find enough time to do all of that since I am always busy but I want a healthy baby and that scared me so much that now I realized im doing too much.

But on the good side even though I fell when I fainted the baby is doing great and we got to see the baby. The doctor said in his own words "that baby is freaking huge!!" lol Uh oh...

How scary!! Glad everything is ok:). Be careful and make sure you get enough food, sleep, and water!!

jazzylady - I am right there with you on that :) , I keep forgetting and realize too late when I have over done things, like i did on the weekend in the garden. But then, at least I am getting exercise, right :D

mommy247 - Really scary experience you had there. Just glad to hear all is well and nothing serious.

MsMurphy - Whoo Hoo so happy for you! Especially with the cute profile pic. How was your experience? any better than NHS?

Nappies - Well, I'm going Pampers. But I have heard that the ASDA (UK) Brand is in fact made by Pampers. And I think Tesco own is made by Huggies. So I may give ASDA a go at some point and compare. I am not sure if its the same for USA? With Walmart? (ASDA and Walmart being the same company)

Mommy, make sure you get some you time, relax and stuff your face =D

Pineapple, the scan was soooo much better! Baby was in perfect position so we got told the sex instantly, which meant the rest of the time we could just have a good look at her, amd got a few minutes of 4d which was amazing! Plus my dd and mum got to be there too, which made it special.

I use asda little angels on my dd, and they are amazing. I prefer them to pampers tbh, although the only reason i prefer them is theyre a bit more spacious than pampers. Plus alot cheaper! We actually bought a pack of size 2s today for new baby =D

The last few days I have been feeling regular kicks, woohoo! I feel them for maybe 5 minutes then a couple of hours later I feel loads again. Still nothing strong as my placenta is obviously absorbing it, but theres no mistaking baby kicks now.

Names, we havent got any picked out yet for definite, but we are leaning towards Daisy just now. I love it and so does OH so its a definite maybe.

Oh wow,you got to be careful though...so scary.but at least baby is OK and just gave you a "sign "to take it easy.

I used pampers with my first too,but in Germany there were not so many brands to choose from like here,so I just went with that to be sure.

I have a question about eating now at 21 weeks.I definitely gained weight,I find out Thursday how much,but I don't think I eat so much,I go with two large meals a day,lots of water and snacks like water melon or a hot dog...I will ask my doctor about it but I just find it weird that I am not starving like I used to.Two meals does not sound like it is enough right?

I used pampers with my first too,but in Germany there were not so many brands to choose from like here,so I just went with that to be sure.

I have a question about eating now at 21 weeks.I definitely gained weight,I find out Thursday how much,but I don't think I eat so much,I go with two large meals a day,lots of water and snacks like water melon or a hot dog...I will ask my doctor about it but I just find it weird that I am not starving like I used to.Two meals does not sound like it is enough right?

We are really suppose to be having 3 meals a day (pregnant or not). Breakfast, lunch and dinner. The doctor I spoke to yesterday says we have to make sure we have our meals and snacks in-between them as well when pregnant and they must be big meals.

Mommy, make sure you get some you time, relax and stuff your face =D

Pineapple, the scan was soooo much better! Baby was in perfect position so we got told the sex instantly, which meant the rest of the time we could just have a good look at her, amd got a few minutes of 4d which was amazing! Plus my dd and mum got to be there too, which made it special.

I use asda little angels on my dd, and they are amazing. I prefer them to pampers tbh, although the only reason i prefer them is theyre a bit more spacious than pampers. Plus alot cheaper! We actually bought a pack of size 2s today for new baby =D

The last few days I have been feeling regular kicks, woohoo! I feel them for maybe 5 minutes then a couple of hours later I feel loads again. Still nothing strong as my placenta is obviously absorbing it, but theres no mistaking baby kicks now.

Names, we havent got any picked out yet for definite, but we are leaning towards Daisy just now. I love it and so does OH so its a definite maybe.

My friend who uses the Little angles, said exactly the same, so I will most probably go the same route. I do have a few packs though. A pack of Huggies (from the Sainsbury's pregnancy club) then a pack of pampers (from the Boots pregnancy club) and then a few pampers samples I got through the post. so Once they used I will most likely switch to little angels

Names, well. Before we knew the sex, i loved the name Addison and so does OH. He also like the name Brook, which I am not that keen on, so its a middle name (Addison Brook). We've not come up with anything else tbh. most names are already taken by family/friends little ones, but who knows, could change her name after birth :)

I am so happy you had a positive experience with your scan, and for £35 that is really cheap. I think the cheapest I can get round here is £65 and thats just to date/sex in 2D.

Well, i eat my 3 meals a day, and i snack on fruit. My meals tend to be more of the vegetarian type, but only because this pregnancy doesnt seem to like meat much. Yet I have gained a wopping 15kg's to date. So I am getting a bit worried that I may be eating too much!, Which is strange as its all healthy. (I def get my 5 a day in)

Baby movements - Well i feel her every so often, but nothing major,I cant wait for a proper punch or kick so OH can experience it too! (I cant believe I am actually wanting to be beaten up from the inside, how strange) But I think in my own little way its the reassurance of baby being active and healthy which out weighs the punches :D

Love the new names <3 Daisy was at the top of our girl's list and Addison is so cute as well! Good choices ladies!!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Addison is awesome!

That we talk about names,I wasn't sure about the name "Jason Jay" anymore so I start looking more.I found fast one" Jayden Edward",I am not american so I don't know how common the name "Jayden" is..We also have the problem that the last name is" Jessup" which is so hard to get it fit with the first name. The first name,I think,got to start with a "J"so it sounds nicer with the last name...My hubby hates it...he say that is too trendy.
Now I like it so much that every other name does not sound good.

Hey ladies :) glad everyone is doing well and babies are healthy! :hugs:

Had a quick question... So earlier today as I was doing my make up I started getting a cramp like it was inside my left hip but I ignored as I always get cramping because baby is growing. Well all of a sudden it went from cramping to this huge pain from the hip all the way down my leg and I was on the floor crying in pain because it hurt so bad. Fiance was scared and thought I was going in labor... he had to pick me up and put me on the bed. The pain did not stop for about five minutes. Then it was slowly gone and I was alright. I don't know whats going on but first I get the fainting and now this... it scares me.

Hey ladies :) glad everyone is doing well and babies are healthy! :hugs:

Had a quick question... So earlier today as I was doing my make up I started getting a cramp like it was inside my left hip but I ignored as I always get cramping because baby is growing. Well all of a sudden it went from cramping to this huge pain from the hip all the way down my leg and I was on the floor crying in pain because it hurt so bad. Fiance was scared and thought I was going in labor... he had to pick me up and put me on the bed. The pain did not stop for about five minutes. Then it was slowly gone and I was alright. I don't know whats going on but first I get the fainting and now this... it scares me.
You have to drink a lot of water.When I get a headache,growing pains or cramps I just drink lots of water and it goes away.I can see in my urine if I need to drink more or not.If is too yellow then definitely I have to drink more.The urine got to be colorless.One tip you can eat wetermelon that is full of water and cools you off especially now with the heat.I think you are not drinking enough..I get growing pains that goes from my bikini zone down to my legs but not so bad as you describe it.

We are going to have 90 F here today.This weather is crazy for April.And is just a taste of what's going to come in June, July and August. The worst part is that I got so fat that when I walk my thighs are rubbing each other:cry: and is gross when is so warm and I sweat....

Had my midwife apt today and talked to her about me fainting and the pain from yesterday. She said that it was most likely the baby on a nerve.

Decided to buy a pair of maternity jeans and they are so comfy but why do they keep lowering to the point were my pants get sagged at the butt? Kind of annoying but I love them because they are so comfortable.

We are going to have 90 F here today.This weather is crazy for April.And is just a taste of what's going to come in June, July and August. The worst part is that I got so fat that when I walk my thighs are rubbing each other:cry: and is gross when is so warm and I sweat....

Wow 90F! I would be sweating my butt off too! :haha: Im sure its all baby. I gained 10 pounds in a month this past month. I know how u feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->