• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

August 2014

We had an amazing local dressmaker do our alterations at the last minute (long story about nearly losing dresses and the shop lady doing a runner and arriving and being altered the day before the wedding)

But anyway... She showed us her portfolio of dresses she had made and they were amazing. And didn't work out that expensive in the end.

There will probably be a few in your area, like Jo look at their profile. Also ask local friends, you will probably find someone who can recommend one then you will know they are trustworthy.

Thanks girls, definitely going to research local dressmakers! Jo, that sounds like a very stressful run up to a wedding... fingers crossed I manage to avoid such dramas :haha:

Took Oli to a fairy tale weekend at a castle near us and ended up asking the balloon modeler to do a couple of hours at the wedding! He quoted us a really good price and the kids were absolutely nuts for him. I'm really keen to make the day fun for the kids. When do you guys think having a children's entertainer like this would slot into the day? I was thinking after the speeches and right at the beginning of the reception.. 6.30ish. Is that too late? Don't really want balloon animals kicking around during the wedding breakfast.

Also, looked everywhere for a gramophone to hire and found this one...
https://www.warwickshire-wedding-planner.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/touch-of-vintage.jpg

....and the supplier also has a Georgian post box. We originally saw the modern post boxes at a wedding fair and Nick loved them but they were just a little too modern for our theme, so I'm happy we've found this for guests to place their cards in (would have preferred white but you can't have everything)

https://i.ebayimg.com/t/Cast-Iron-GR-Post-Box-Royal-mail-red-/00/s/MTAyNFg3Njg=/$(KGrHqJHJBsE60e3tm7QBO3+!wng2!~~60_12.JPG

New stalker but re the bridesmaids and ushers numbers we're having the same. OH is having his 4 brothers as ushers and my son as his best man and I will be having 5 bridesmaids and DD as a flower girl x

New stalker but re the bridesmaids and ushers numbers we're having the same. OH is having his 4 brothers as ushers and my son as his best man and I will be having 5 bridesmaids and DD as a flower girl x

Ahh that makes me feel better, thank you! How adorable that he is having your son as his best man, :cloud9: is your son really excited to do it?

Yeah he tells everyone whenever the wedding gets brought up, even though they already know. At first he told everyone he was 'best boy' it was too cute. xx

Yeah he tells everyone whenever the wedding gets brought up, even though they already know. At first he told everyone he was 'best boy' it was too cute. xx

Totally OT but how on earth have I never realised you had a son?! Lol!! Xx

Oh my god that is adorable! Oli is going to be our ringbearer and he'll be almost 4 so I'm hoping he'll be able to get excited about having a proper role :)

We decided a long time ago we definitely wanted a sweet table and looked at hiring a vintage sweet shop but they are soo expensive, so I decided I'll just do it myself. Looked at sweet jars and they were also a lot, unless we got plastic ones, though I wasn't sure whether they'd look ok.

Anyway I started to look for antique glassware and figured I could get a load and make a beautiful display, and I just won this on eBay...

https://i.ebayimg.com/t/BIG-COLLECTION-OF-ANTIQUE-GLASSWARE-BOWLS-DISHES-JUGS-BOTTLES-DECANTER-VGC-/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/IPcAAOxymnRSDOLd/$(KGrHqJ,!nYFIJ61lfvsBSDOLceyNw~~60_12.JPG

... for £10! Most dating from 1930s and prior. Even if we only just a few pieces and give the rest to a charity shop it's so worth it. :happydance:

I'm going to get a couple of large cut glass jars and some antique scales and then I should be done :)

Emma you have such a good eye for this stuff - the wedding is going to be so beautiful! And a SWEET TABLE? This is unbelievably exciting...

Ahh thanks love, so happy I got all of that for such a good price! And yesssssss I am equally as excited about the sweet table, I know they say the bride doesn't usually get to eat/drink much but I am definitely going to prove that theory wrong

Pah fuck that - it is YOUR celebration I will be feeding you lemon drops and forcing shots in your hand! Did people drink shots in the 1930s? :haha:

Shots of martini daaaarling! Are we allowed to get you drunk!? :haha:

The balloon modelling sounds amazing! 6.30pm sounds perfect, definitely not too late x

Yessss this all sounds marvelous, and of course Lauryn that is your mission! This is why you beauties are invited :haha:

Ahh awesome I still need to book the balloon modeler, he is so good. It'll keep the kids quiet while we're drinking :drunk:

Wow that's a good price. We're having a candy buffet too and making our own it's so much cheaper. They're all very pretty pieces too x

Wow that's a good price. We're having a candy buffet too and making our own it's so much cheaper. They're all very pretty pieces too x

Thanks hun, I'm really pleased! What are you using for yours? x

I started collecting glassware too, you can get it so cheaply on car boots and stuff and IMO looks better than the modern stuff xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->