August 2017

Sorry I haven't updated.

I got induced at 40+1 for preeclampsia. Also fluid was a little low and reduced movements. My waters were broken at 8am and I was 3cm and 80% effaced. I had all day and into the night of pitocin, mostly at the highest dose. I was handling the contractions with no pain relief. But when I had another VE I hadn't progressed past 4cm. The same again when they checked at 10pm. His head didn't seem to be applied well and he'd turned posterior. So it was suggested I have an epidural to relax the muscles and allow him to turn. I was disappointed because I was coping fine with the pain but I needed pain relief. My BP dropped really low with the epidural. Another 2 hours passed but still no progress. Heart rate was decelerating and we were rushed in for an emergency c section. He had his head wedged in my pelvis, was posterior and had the cord around his neck twice. He needed help breathing initially but was ok.

We've had 3 trips back to hospital for a uterine infection, retained product and my uterus not contracting fast enough. But the little mister is 1 month old today, exclusively breastfed despite lots of difficulties. I'm still really sore and it's been a struggle to accept how things turned out.

Congratulations! I am sorry to hear things did not work out how you expected, and also having to go back so many times! Hopefully it is all looking up from now on!

Sarah, so sorry you had so much difficulty but so glad he's here and you're both OK! The soreness will take time. I had an emergency C-section with my first and it was awful! It took me several weeks to fully recover and I didn't have any problems I had to go back to the hospital for. My sister in law did, though. She got an infection in her uterus and wound up in the hospital for a week. I hope you start feeling better soon! And great job on EBF! If it gets to be too much though, just remember fed is best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->