August 2017

Thanks. So they're super busy at the hospital. I'm booked in for tomorrow morning. Today is my due date so hopefully we can get him out today and avoid induction tomorrow

Wow I mean that's great you have extra time to go into spontaneous labor but ffs oh we're too busy to induce you today like wtf. Sorry the hospital was busy when I was there and they endangered my son and me because of it so that really gets my goat

Harvey happy due date! I know you're anxious to have baby and you're that much closer

Happy due date!
Soon we'll all have our babies :) this August thread can't have pregnant Momma's for much longer now, exciting!

My not so new born is a whole month old already. Sob!!!!

Thanks dobby. I was really pleased to have the extra time too. I was hoping it might have just happened naturally last night. It was good to get a sleep in my own bed too. But unfortunately it doesn't look like I'm going to go into spontaneous labour. I feel like it's just going to be an induction now. I've got my third stretch and sweep in an hour.

I was pissed off they couldn't just do it on Tuesday too. They basically told me I wouldn't be going home without a baby. So that was tough.

I'm feeling really relaxed though. The only thing is my midwife goes on leave 22 hours after my induction starts so unless it goes quickly (which would be great apart from the increase in pain thing) then she won't be there. And that's stressing me about a little. The other option is that it takes all weekend and I still don't have a baby by Monday then she'll be back on haha. Ugh. Just come now baby!

Hope things are going well Sarah!

Weighed Harvey today, 1 day shy of 3 weeks, he weighed 10lbs even! He has gained about 1lb per week, he is a fast gaining superchunk. Took the newborn insert out of his carseat today, fit a lot better. I cannot believe how fast he is growing! Still likes his feet and legs curled in though.

Awww they do grow fast. I have A in size 1 diapers and 0-3m clothing now. He seems so huge in my arms, but I keep thinking how strange it is because he feels big to me but most women have kids this size haha. His last weight check was four days ago, 8lbs 1.3oz and 20.5". His 2m check is on Friday with my childhood pediatrician as I'll be visiting my mom that day to avoid construction at my condo and I need him vaccinated that day so he's got some protection when I cart him to work the following Tuesday. But yeah he's 6 weeks today and I can't believe I have to go back to work in 6 weeks. I hate it. He held his head up for 12 seconds during tummy time like it was nbd.

Getting frustrated/anxious because he keeps vomiting when I give him 2.5oz, but now he's eating less frequently since I'm not waking him at night. He only takes 16-18oz/day. His pediatrician says it's fine but most babies I know his age are taking 3-4oz at a time. I'm still mixing on neosure though.

In other news found out my flange was too small and it is not normal for nipples to be THAT angry post pumping so I coerced SO into picking up the next size (I measured and did need one size up) and the were much less sensitive/raw after pumping. Though one breast did not get emptied effectively.

Not still pregnant, but still with an August baby!

I am struggling a lot adjusting from 2 kids to 3, this past week was the first week DH was back at work. All my mom group things and library things do not start until next week, so I hope next week is better!

Sorry I've been MIA lately. I got a new phone and had to get everything set up, plus you know, life with a baby lol. Hope you're all doing well. Things are getting better here. Little man still has some mean reflux but it's getting a little better And we're getting it managed. Breastfeeding is going great, sleep is still hit or miss, but getting better with the reflux.

Finally got a handle on feeding and had a surplus of 10+ oz in the fridge at all times. Today, it dropped to 2! I started the mini pill a few days ago, so I can't help but feel that was why. I may have to go back to pumping six times a day. Sigh. Can't catch a break.

Except that A is passed the eff out. I'm too alert to sleep lol

I finally have a baby!!

Went one week over but she came all on her own after a 2 and half hour labour

Congrats harleyy!

Dobby, are you staying hydrated? That's been an issue with me. It's hard to still drink 60 oz or more everyday. Hope you get some rest soon

Harvey had his 1 month check today! Still a proper chunk at 11lb 6.5 oz, 86th percentile (weight). Still doing okay, barely getting by and all. I guess I'm doing better, actually maintaining the laundry instead of constantly behind - it's a struggle though. And the dishes are not piled up either!

But I feel like I spend 100% of my time holding, nursing, rocking, or changing babies. I can't seem to get anything done for myself. I'm lucky when I get to brush my teeth. I have a nursing bra I ordered that did not fit that I haven't not gotten to mail back all week because I can't get the time to get it packed up and send it back out.

Misspriss i totally understand! My little guy has some awful reflux so i feel like I'm constantly holding him. Luckily my bigs can do laundry and my hubby helps a ton with the dishes. Oh, and I'm lucky if I get to shower once every 3days. Forget about teeth brushing, that's a luxury these days haha! We have our 2 month appointment Monday and I'm interested to see how much he weighs. My guess is 13lbs, he's a chunk! We don't get a lot of sleep the days with his reflux. For instance, we had 4 consistent hours last night. It was amazing. Lol

Sorry I haven't updated.

I got induced at 40+1 for preeclampsia. Also fluid was a little low and reduced movements. My waters were broken at 8am and I was 3cm and 80% effaced. I had all day and into the night of pitocin, mostly at the highest dose. I was handling the contractions with no pain relief. But when I had another VE I hadn't progressed past 4cm. The same again when they checked at 10pm. His head didn't seem to be applied well and he'd turned posterior. So it was suggested I have an epidural to relax the muscles and allow him to turn. I was disappointed because I was coping fine with the pain but I needed pain relief. My BP dropped really low with the epidural. Another 2 hours passed but still no progress. Heart rate was decelerating and we were rushed in for an emergency c section. He had his head wedged in my pelvis, was posterior and had the cord around his neck twice. He needed help breathing initially but was ok.

We've had 3 trips back to hospital for a uterine infection, retained product and my uterus not contracting fast enough. But the little mister is 1 month old today, exclusively breastfed despite lots of difficulties. I'm still really sore and it's been a struggle to accept how things turned out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->