August 2017

Hello hello ladies! Sorry I haven't posted in quite a few days but baby Thomas has arrived finally!
Woke up Saturday morning with contractions slowly getting worse and worse until I called the brother in law and asked SO to come home and good thing I did because by the time we sent DS off to his nanas and got to the hospital I was screaming the pain was so bad! Quick assessment and I was off to the labor ward, and got an epidural pretty darn quick. And it did it's job SO much better this time around. Made things slow, and we waited a lot of the day. Didn't help I was so terrified. At around 7 or so nurse said okay, let's start trying to push. I tried a few times, baby's head would crown but then I'd stop pushing. Nurse just MENTIONED that MAYBE they would need the vacuum to give him help and I freaked the f*** out and he was out five minutes later I gave it everything I had. She instilled the fear of god in me without even trying! :haha: He was born at 7:24pm August 19th, weighing 7 pounds, 7 ounces
We're still at the hospital still right now, but will be going home hopefully within the hour. We've been trying breastfeeding but it's not going so well it's very painful for me and I'm just having a whole mess of trouble with it. But we will see how things go in the future. But he's beautiful and I absolutely adore him.

Congratulations Amber on the arrival of your little one too!
And everyone else who's still pregnant, you're doing great still mamas, won't be too long now! <3

Hello hello ladies! Sorry I haven't posted in quite a few days but baby Thomas has arrived finally!
Woke up Saturday morning with contractions slowly getting worse and worse until I called the brother in law and asked SO to come home and good thing I did because by the time we sent DS off to his nanas and got to the hospital I was screaming the pain was so bad! Quick assessment and I was off to the labor ward, and got an epidural pretty darn quick. And it did it's job SO much better this time around. Made things slow, and we waited a lot of the day. Didn't help I was so terrified. At around 7 or so nurse said okay, let's start trying to push. I tried a few times, baby's head would crown but then I'd stop pushing. Nurse just MENTIONED that MAYBE they would need the vacuum to give him help and I freaked the f*** out and he was out five minutes later I gave it everything I had. She instilled the fear of god in me without even trying! :haha: He was born at 7:24pm August 19th, weighing 7 pounds, 7 ounces
We're still at the hospital still right now, but will be going home hopefully within the hour. We've been trying breastfeeding but it's not going so well it's very painful for me and I'm just having a whole mess of trouble with it. But we will see how things go in the future. But he's beautiful and I absolutely adore him.

Congratulations Amber on the arrival of your little one too!
And everyone else who's still pregnant, you're doing great still mamas, won't be too long now! <3

Congratulatioms!!

Yay jazz!!!! Congrats!!!!! He sounds absolutely perfect! Hope you have a smooth transition home with big brother.

Congratulations Jasmine! Our boys have the same birthday :)

I forgot to add we've called our little man Leo. Still deciding on a middle name now haha

Congratulations everyone!! Our baby also arrived yesterday - exactly one week early!! James Rocco. Labour was very fast and intense. I went from having really manageable contractions to the baby coming out!! My first labour was quick, so they expected this one to be quick too - and it was. And so intense! I feel so proud of us women though - we DID IT!!!! What an accomplishment!!!

Congratulations everyone!! Our baby also arrived yesterday - exactly one week early!! James Rocco. Labour was very fast and intense. I went from having really manageable contractions to the baby coming out!! My first labour was quick, so they expected this one to be quick too - and it was. And so intense! I feel so proud of us women though - we DID IT!!!! What an accomplishment!!!

Congratulations on the fast labor and your baby's birth!!

Harvey is doing good, 12 days old and doing great! Still has that little stump hanging on his belly button though, can't wait for that thing to fall off and he can have a real bath. Sponge baths just aren't the same!

He is in both newborn and 0-3 clothes, moved up to size 1 diapers...he is growing way too fast!

Congratulations to everyone. So lovely to see all of the birth announcements.
Niko is over 3 weeks old already, it makes me sad how fast time is going. He's the most laid back baby ever! Loving being a mum of two so far. It's exhausting but so rewarding, Rio is taking to his big brother role brilliantly :cloud9:

Congrats ladies!! So glad to see all these healthy babies! And happy mommies!

Congratulations everyone! So many new babies.

My fundal height has dropped, it was 38 at 38 weeks and now I'm 39 weeks it's 33. So I've got a scan tomorrow. His head is less engaged than it was last week too. If that's all ok then I can choose if I want a stretch and sweep on Tuesday. Has anyone had one?

Sarah - I had a stretch and sweep on Friday last week (due date) and I was already 3cm dilated! I think it must of worked because little man was born the next day lol &#128512;

Apparently I have been living under a rock, they named this massive hurricane after my son :haha:

Thanks Amber. We don't usually get cervix checks here so I wouldn't know how far I was dialated unless I had a stretch and sweep. But I've been doing evening primrose oil, 2 up, 2down and I don't think I can even reach my cervix! At this stage I'm leaning towards doing it.

Posted this in Tri 3.

17th - Sweep at 38 weeks. 3cm dilated, could feel baby...

Que me having bloody show, enough mucus for my partner to call me a bloody snail, enough braxton hicks to cover everyone using this website.

But nothing.

25th - Monitored for reduced movements, light contractions, more mucus, slightly high blood pressure but nothing causing concern. Sent home.

All through this looking after my 2 kids, on my own pretty much all half term, with extreme SPD. Im actually limping.

Ring this morning, as I cannot cope anymore... to be told to go in, and be prescribed codine. I refused as Codine makes me extremely sleepy and with 2 other kids, its just a flat out no. I was crying on the phone. They dont care.

To then be told, tough shit. Thats it. Nothing more then can do.

Im 3 days away from my due date. My next consultant appointment is 7th.

Im crying everyday, even in front of my 6 year old and im just so broken.

To then vent on facebook, to be told a lady whom is 2 weeks away from her due date, is getting induced on Friday due to mild SPD. I fucking give up.

So. How is everyone else doing?

Todays update....

Think i just broke even more.

Rang again today, saying ive changed my mind and would like the stronger pain killers... to be told 'Nope,' The midwife should have never offered me them in the first place according to the one I spoke to today.

My partner broke me too... He said hes never seen me cry like I have been these last few days I just cant hold it together anymore.

praying to go into labour soon, because I have no idea how im going to carry on like this.

So sorry hun! Hopefully your LO will make an appearance soon! I know you're miserable, but you can do this. Good luck and I'll be keeping you in my prayers!

I've been admitted with high BP/possible preeclampsia/decreased movements. I'll be induced at some point, probably in the next 24-48 hours. I'm being monitored pretty frequently. I had a stretch and sweep this morning so hopefully I can beat the induction! I might still have an August baby haha.

So sorry to hear that Sarah but yay for having your LO soon! Hope you beat the induction

Harley hope you are feeling better and your LO makes their appearance soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->