August IUI group

West coast

Reaction score
I'm on cd 1 now and planning for my first (and hopefully only!) IUI session in August. I'm hoping others will join in who are also planning for August so we can discuss how things are going! :flower:
I've been TTC for over 2.5 years. No known reason for our infertility.

I am a bit behind you but we are scheduled for our first IUI in August.

I am a bit behind you but we are scheduled for our first IUI in August.

Have you been on clomid 7 months straight? I took 50mg a day for 3 months in the fall with only a couple days of dizziness. I'm now on my second month at 100mg and found the last week tough. I was super dizzy and headachy! Really hard to concentrate at work (I work with children)!
Do you know anyone who has done IUI? I'm excited and nervous.:wacko:

Yes I was on clomid 50mg the first month in November 2011 and then in December it was increased to 100mg. My last round of clomid was in June. This month we just tried naturally and are currently in the tww. I am excited and nervous also about our upcoming IUI. I do know some ladies that have had IUI that are in my fertility support group where I live. I pray that we can be the lucky ones and get pregnant on the 1st IUI but as many people I have talked to and seen post on BNB it seems as though a lot of people usually get pregnant on the 2nd IUI. The only side effect i had with clomid was the hot flashes! Will you be taking clomid with this IUI?

Interesting how you said the 2nd round of IUI seems more successful. I do know my friends friend was successful after round 1. Nice you have a support group too! I live in a small town and have to drive over a hour to the fertility clinic, so not much in the way of help here.
I will start taking clomid (100mg) tomorrow. I was on it last month and knew we had a trip planned when I'd be ovulating, so I was hoping it would work out on its own. My doc wasn't as optomistic(said most women who have a hard time conceiving don't get pregnant on clomid alone(although I know 1). Oh well, fingers crossed for IUI!
I have also been going for acupuncture and have an appointment booked for a couple days before, and will book for after too. Do you get acupuncture or anything else to help?

I will be doing my 2nd IUI this month also. I am currently on CD5. I'm thinking I should be doing the procedure the end of next week.
Here is my experience w/Clomid/IUI: In Febuary, I was doing 100 of clomid. I didn't have to use my trigger shot b/c I surged on my own. Went in for my ultrasound & had two huge follicles. I think they were measured at 25 & 28. Went in for the IUI the next day (I have to drive 2 hours...bla). DH sperm was excellent. Everything looked good for me. (Just as an FYI, I thought it was pretty uncomfortable). I still got a BFN. : (
I have a friend that did it for the first time last month while on clomid & wound up pregnant though. Hopefully thR IUI works for all of us this month.

I am also planning and IUI this month for the first time. I am CD 3 and will start Stimms tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Hi Ladies! I'm new to this forum but I had my first IUI this month. I've done 3 cycles on clomid which didn't work so this month they put me on letrozole. I did a trigger shot Sunday night and had my iui Tuesday at 11 am.

I thought it was a little uncomfortable also!

Good luck to you all!!

I am officially on CD1 today so I go in for bloodwork tommorrow and start letrozole on Saturday. Ultrasound is scheduled for the Monday the 13th. I am so excited but still nervous since this is my 1st time.

Hi Ladies! I'm new to this forum but I had my first IUI this month. I've done 3 cycles on clomid which didn't work so this month they put me on letrozole. I did a trigger shot Sunday night and had my iui Tuesday at 11 am.

I thought it was a little uncomfortable also!

Good luck to you all!!

MrsBeth, did you ever have an HSG? I'm wondering if the IUI will be a similar feeling? I found the HSG pretty painful. Good luck getting through the month!

I will be doing my 2nd IUI this month also. I am currently on CD5. I'm thinking I should be doing the procedure the end of next week.
Here is my experience w/Clomid/IUI: In Febuary, I was doing 100 of clomid. I didn't have to use my trigger shot b/c I surged on my own. Went in for my ultrasound & had two huge follicles. I think they were measured at 25 & 28. Went in for the IUI the next day (I have to drive 2 hours...bla). DH sperm was excellent. Everything looked good for me. (Just as an FYI, I thought it was pretty uncomfortable). I still got a BFN. : (
I have a friend that did it for the first time last month while on clomid & wound up pregnant though. Hopefully thR IUI works for all of us this month.

We have been trying for nearly 3 years too. I did clomid at 50mg last fall for three months but am now on 100mg. Since today is my day 7, I am hoping to go in for IUI next Friday (provided I get the same ovulation predictor result as last month). Does clomid make ou tired? I've been exhausted!

I actually felt it was more uncomfortable than the HSG test. My tubes were completely clear though, so maybe that's why? :shrug:

West Coast-I don't really remember it making tired, I just remember I got extreme hot flashes. I'm cold all the time, so I guess maybe that's why it stood out to me. I think it can make you tired though. The stuff I'm on now is making me tired, and during the day I get dizzy spells and naseous, which I think is from being dizzy. I really hope it works this time. I'm tired of giving myself shots for a week or longer straight and the side effects suck!:haha:

Going for IUI tomorrow! Excited and nervous! I plan to rest for the few days after but anyone have any idea how long and how much rest is necessary?

Hey West! I'm going in for my IUI tomorrow too! How exciting! :happydance: I don't believe you are required to abstain from any of your normal activities. They normally have you lay there for 15 minutes w/your hips elevated and that's about it. You may be crampy the rest of the day, but I don't think I experianced much. The procedure was the most uncomfortable part. You'll have to update us on how it went. I will when I get home.

West coast, it was recommended to me to skip my volleyball and the jog with my dog that day/evening, but to resume normal activity the next day. I didn't find it uncomfortable at all, they say the better your timing is the less uncomfortable it is (around your natural surge and ov, your cervix is more open). Good luck ladies, I'll be doing my second IUI this month (hopefully).

I had my first IUI today! I was surprised at how easy the whole process was! My husbands sample was given, we came back 2 hrs later and my procedure took 15min! Not painful either! Now fingers crossed!:happydance:

It went really well. DH had over a 98 million count post wash (they told him he had the high count for the day:haha:) It was much less uncomfortable then last time, so that's good. I just keep telling myself that it just seems impossable that out of 98 MILLION sperm that one of them wouldn't just some how bump into an egg. I try to not let myself get excited, but I will honestly be crushed if it doesn't work. :cry: Anyways...did they put a cork type deal inside of you to help you keep from leaking? Also, did they tell you to :sex: at any point? We had to last night. I think just incase we will again tonight. Also, my nips have been so sore since I took my trigger! I did not get that last month. Also, I've had a ton of clear CM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->