August IUI group

I tested negative this am. Boooooooo. I am glad af is a bit earlier, meaning I will test earlier and have my IUI earlier...I was worried my hubby would be away when our next IUI would be due.
Was it you Brayr that said 2nd time more likely?

I don't think I said that, but I have read that your chances of concieving go up with every IUI. Have you actually started yet, or are you still just spotting? I called my FS this am to schedule my internal ultrasound to see if I have developed any cysts, but since I haven't officially started yet, they won't schedule my appointment. Grrr...I live an hour away, I can't just drop everything at work to drive up there. I have to have my meds mailed to me (b/c I refuse to drive an hour and half to pick those up) and they have to have more than 24 hours notice and I can't even order those until I know if I have cysts. Stupid FS....I think I'm going to test one more time tomorrow morning. Who knows, maybe there's something in there...even though I doubt it.

I don't think I said that, but I have read that your chances of concieving go up with every IUI. Have you actually started yet, or are you still just spotting? I called my FS this am to schedule my internal ultrasound to see if I have developed any cysts, but since I haven't officially started yet, they won't schedule my appointment. Grrr...I live an hour away, I can't just drop everything at work to drive up there. I have to have my meds mailed to me (b/c I refuse to drive an hour and half to pick those up) and they have to have more than 24 hours notice and I can't even order those until I know if I have cysts. Stupid FS....I think I'm going to test one more time tomorrow morning. Who knows, maybe there's something in there...even though I doubt it.
Oh it seems like you are stuck waiting! Ugh. Nice to live away from the city, but some times the inconveniences really suck!
I'm still barely spotting. Weird for me. It's now been 24 hours and usually now id be in full flow! I have the blotting and slight back pain I usually get. No major cramps though. If its still like this tomorrow, I will test again(but i imagine its the clomid messing with me).I still have 1 month of clomid I can pick up from the pharmacy. Not sure how that works when I've had a day of spotting. I guess I'll call the fs when I truly see af and ask when to start.
Have you had many cysts in the past? Do you have to get them removed before taking clomid?
I'll check in again tomorrow. I don't want to wish away my summer, but at them same time I want for us to know what the next step is!

AF is truly here now. I started clomid today(day 3) and will start testing for surge on day 11.
When I went to pick up my clomid prescription the pharmacist said I have a forth prescription still available. I don't know why my doc gave me 4 months when I thought it wasn't good to go past 3 on clomid? It may have just been an extra.Thoughts?
Brayr, when are you starting clomid this month?

I think that's weird that they would have issued you a 4th perscription. My doctor didn't let me do more than 3 rounds b/c it can start to have an adverse effect on your ttc. Even though I have read of ppl doing it for months at a time. :shrug:

I was actually doing follistom injections w/ovidrel trigger shot, but I think I have decided to take the rest of the year off from that and try some other things. There is apparently nothing wrong w/DH or I, so I bought some preseed and soft cups and I'm going to buy OPK's. Oh, I'm also going to try SMEP. I've used OPK's before, but none of the other things. Hoping this will do the trick. These last 2 cycles have just been really rough on me. I need to do something that's slightly less stressful.

What day was your CD1? Mine was Wednesday.

Nevermind, you already answered my CD question. So we're still on the same schedule.

Neat we are on the same cycle! Lol. My AF had been so heavy the past 2days! Clomid is messing with me! What is" preseed, soft cups, OPK's and SMEP"?
I'm trying to decide if I should spend the money on acupuncture this month... I just want this all to work and not have to worry about it anymore!

My period has been crazy heavy as well! I wonder what that's all about. Preseed is lube that you inject into yourself roughly 15 minutes before you BD. Its safe for couples TTC, it helps balance your ph levels, making it a better environment for sperm & I think it helps the sperm get to where it needs to go. Soft cups are these round rubbery things w/something that reminds me of saran wrap in the middle. It's originally for periods, but a lot of women insert them right after bding b/c it sits right up to your cervix & it keeps the spermies from leaking out & keeps the close to where you want them. OPK's are ovulation predictor kits. I use the digital kind so I have no way of missing my surge. Lastly, :) SMEP is the sperm meets egg plan. It basically is bding every other day until ovulation, bding 3 days in a row once you get a positive OPK, skipping a day, then bding again. That is the WAY simplified version. If you google it, you'll get a more in-depth description.
How long have you been doing acupuncture? I've read it can take a few months to really take affect.

My period has been crazy heavy as well! I wonder what that's all about. Preseed is lube that you inject into yourself roughly 15 minutes before you BD. Its safe for couples TTC, it helps balance your ph levels, making it a better environment for sperm & I think it helps the sperm get to where it needs to go. Soft cups are these round rubbery things w/something that reminds me of saran wrap in the middle. It's originally for periods, but a lot of women insert them right after bding b/c it sits right up to your cervix & it keeps the spermies from leaking out & keeps the close to where you want them. OPK's are ovulation predictor kits. I use the digital kind so I have no way of missing my surge. Lastly, :) SMEP is the sperm meets egg plan. It basically is bding every other day until ovulation, bding 3 days in a row once you get a positive OPK, skipping a day, then bding again. That is the WAY simplified version. If you google it, you'll get a more in-depth description.
How long have you been doing acupuncture? I've read it can take a few months to really take affect.

Thanks! That's a lot of info! I wonder about the pre seed here...I'll have to look. Soft cups too. I have heard of similar for periods but not clear.
I have been using opk's. Last fall I did th digital but didn't detect a surge for 3months! I don't know if it was the test or what, but this time I opted for the cheaper comparison tests and they have worked for the past 2 months(maybe clomid is helping....). As for SMEP, I'll look it up. We basically try what you said but sometimes my dh gets very frustrated with our planned bding!
I have been going to acupuncture for about 1.5 years. Nearly every month. Last month I went 2 times before IUI and once after. It gets expensive!
I think I need a new cheap hobby....it's so hard to not think about what we.'re going through. Hope you have a good weekend!

My DH gets frustrated w/timed BDing too, but he does it for me and I know he really wants to be a dad, so even though he won't admitt it, he does it for him too.
If you've been doing acupuncture for over a year and it hasn't worked yet, I think I'd drop it. That's just me personally though. I would think that if it was going to work, it would have done so by now.
My cheap "hobby" has become stalking BNB. lol I need to find something else though. I love this forum, but I think it helps add to my craziness.:wacko: I love talking to women going through the same thing as me though. Anyways, today is my birthday :happydance: and it should be a fun weekend w/family. Even though I was really hoping I could surprise them all with really good news about being pregnant. Oh well. I hope your weekend is a good one as well.:hugs:

:D Happy Birthday!! :flower:
Hope the weather is nice and you get spoilt!

Thanks West! I think it's supposed to be sunshine and 90 degrees here. My kind of weather.

How did your birthday go? I know I find special occasions tough, as another mile stone pasts without a baby. But hopefully you were able to keep your mind off ttc!
I have been super emotional the past few days! Cranky and depressed. Ergh! I can't help but think, what if none of this works? :cry:
My job situation has been inconsistent (I'm a substitute teacher who has been trying to secure a contract) and I guess with school starting next week, I'm feeling on edge. My summer job has been great and I was really hoping to get pregnant and not have to feel wrapped up in the job craziness this fall. I've been considering a job change for a while now, but want to have money for IUI and possibly ivf.
Sorry for the rant, I just needed to get it out.:blush:

I really wasn't able to keep my mind off babies as basically everyone had to bring up the fact that they were really sorry it didn't work this cycle and blah blah blah.:wacko: West, I think about the "what if this never works" question almost daily. I really hate the idea of doing IVF b/c 1.It's freaking expensive (my doctor charges between $6-7,000.00) 2. It's such a long process & 3. It's not garunteed to work. If it was garunteed, I wouldn't even question doing it, but I get upset after something that costs me $600.00 and only a months worth of time doesn't work, I can't imagine the depression and frustion I would feel after a failed IVF. I truley, truley hate TTC.

So, I'm guessing you're doing the IUI again this month, when do you think you'll be going in for that?

Like I told you before, we're taking this cycle off, and I took an ovultaion test this morning & it came back positive. Which is REALLY early, but if I do like I did last month, my follicle (I would assume I would only have one since I'm not on any meds) should be around 17. We :sex: last night, thankfully, but we'll do it tonight, Wednesday & Thursday, take Friday off and then bd again on Saturday. I'm going to keep taking the OPK's though, just incase I O again or something. Can't believe I'm getting ready to jump into the TWW already...feels like I just got done with that horrid wait.

Wow that is early for a positive reading! I haven't tested yet and was going to wait until the weekend...I just finished af Sunday. But now I'm worried I'll miss it since clomid seems to shorten my cycles. I think I'll test fri now. I think I should get a reading between Sunday and Tuesday. Since Tuesday is the first day back to school here, I sort of want to be home for the call that day(since I'm a substitute). Hard to plan when your body is making the decisions! Lol.
I totally feel your pain about ivf. Seems like I hear about people it worked for, after they tried 6 times! I don't think we could afford 1! Aaah!
Yes TTC sucks.
Good luck with this week. And yes, the dreaded wait....
Talk soon!

Sorry it's been so long since I've responded. I've just been really busy lately.

Anyways, I stopped my period on Monday and got a positive on Tuesday. Weird...Did you take an OPK this morning? I thought maybe I O'd yesterday, my temp when up a little over a tenth of a degree this morning (which apparently isn't enough) and I had O cramps last night, but I'm still having them every now and then this morning, so maybe I'm still in the process. Who knows!:shrug:

That is strange. But I know I had a lot of weird temp readings and confusing O symptoms when I wasn't on clomid.
I'm going to test today. Also going to have some peppermint tea(I read somewhere that can increase O. I really want my IUI sun, mon or tues! I got teaching work for later part of the week! Eek.

Don't you hate that we have to worry about work when TTC? Normal ppl just do it when it's convient and are able to get pregnant. It's really not fair.:wacko:

I hear ya! My opk test was negative, but I could see a faint second line. Hoping it's darker tomorrow and either IUI Sunday or Monday!
Have you heard of drinking peppermint tea to hurry along O? I'm also banking on this full moon tonight(blue moon=second full moon in the month)...hoping it brings us both luck!

How was your test this morning? I have not heard that about peppermint tea, but hopefully it will have the desired affect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->