August IUI group

98 million! Wow! Mine was 38 million post wash and I thought that sounded like a lot! :o I was thinking the same about the chances...fingers crossed for both of us!
No cork for me. They didn't even recommend I lay down long. I have been trying to take it easy though(I'm usually very active) and am glad I had today off and the weekend before I go back to work.
I was told there was no reason to:sex: yesterday but tonight or Sat am would be best. So planning for tonight. I was only on clomid and have been told nothing about the trigger shot. I'm hoping this goes as planned and I don't have to ask about getting one either!
Keep in touch regarding symptoms. And good luck!

I thought I'd share this to maybe give someone else hope. I have a friend who got pregnant off of clomid and IUI last month (I think I've mentioned her before). His count was only 23 million post wash and she only had 1 follicle. I know this made me a little more hopeful!

I thought I'd share this to maybe give someone else hope. I have a friend who got pregnant off of clomid and IUI last month (I think I've mentioned her before). His count was only 23 million post wash and she only had 1 follicle. I know this made me a little more hopeful!

That is good new for us all! Thanks for sharing!
Did you have an ultrasound to find out how many follicles were present? I have no idea, other then the fact I had an ultrasound done in June and know I had an average amount then(although left side was less..).
How are you feeling? I've been so bloated but it could be me stressing:wacko:

I had an ultrasound the day before my IUI to see how my follicles were growing. I had one at 22 or 23, another at 20 and one at 14 (I had some smaller ones too, but since they weren't big enough to produce a muture egg, they weren't worried about them). I can't believe they didn't do an ultrasound for you.
I'm trying so hard not to symptom spot, but it's so hard! I have been feeling bloated today and the weirdest like streching feeling in my lower stomach. I'm trying so hard not to read into anything, but I'm not doing a very good job at it.

So West, I broke down and tested this morning. The trigger must still be in my system (which I sort of expected) because it was positive. I usually don't test this early, but my POAS addiction was just too much for me. I'll probably test again on Friday. Ya know, just to see if the trigger is out of my system yet:winkwink:

Brayr08, I will definitely be asking about ultrasound and trigger if it doesn't work out this month. Maybe the doc thought I had a good enough chance without? Or maybe since I live over an hour away from the clinic...hmm.
My stomach and bowels have been going nuts. I think it could be the stress/excitement. I planned to not test until next Friday....but now you have me curious! How early can you get a worthy response? I do have a wedding to attend Saturday and I planned not to drink at all...but if I knew, that would be better! Lol

West-The reason they always told me they do the ultrasound, is to make sure you don't produce like 12 follicles that are big enough to produce a mature egg. We had to decide if we were willing to do a "selective pregnancy". Which basically is saying, if you get pregnant with more than 4 babies, you have the option of aborting the rest. I said no way! I've been begging God for a baby for years now, and I just couldn't say ya know God, I know I said I wanted kids, but that's just too much. Here, you can have x number back. :winkwink: Do I want more than TWO babies at one time, NOPE, but I don't think I could ever abort a child that was mine and my husband's. It won't ever be an issue anyways. They won't let us do the IUI if we have more than 4 follicles big enough. I one time, had 11 follicles at my first ultrasound of the cycle! Not all of them got big enough, but still, what if they had and they never checked it and they ALL got fertilized??? Scary stuff...anyways...I'm rambeling...

As long as you O'd the same day as me (which I'm guessing you did since we had our IUI's the same day) you could POSSABLY get an accurate result on Saturday. That would be 9DPO. But the chances are slim. I took another test today and it looks like the trigger is finally out (2 days sooner than last month) so I think I'm going to hold off testing until Sunday. It's so frustrating when something like a wedding falls during you TWW. Especially the END of your TWW. I would say, 1 drink would be okay, especially wine. Plenty of ppl do much worse when they don't realize they are pregnant and have perfectly healthy babies. Anyways, this is getting WAY long, I better start getting ready for work. :dohh:

How ya feel'n west? I have felt just awful today! I've had a blaring headache all day and I don't know if it was from the headache (I'm crossing my fingers it's b/c I'm preggers!), but I have been naseous on and off all day. I told a co-worker, "Is it a little weird that I'm excited to feel sick???" lol

Are you going to test tomorrow morning???

I've been feeling pretty good. I feel like my belly is getting better but I've felt that before. Lol. I don't think I'll test since its not really going to prove one way or another. Plus since I have spent so much money so far, I'll save myself the $10 test.
All your symptoms sound good!
What is ovidrel? Have you done acupuncture? I have been going for 18 months. I went a few days before the IUI and a couple days after. Not sure if I'll keep going once I'm fore sure pregnant.
Have you been taking any supplements? I heard wheat grass is really good but have yet to try it. I just take vitamins at the moment.

Ovidrel is the shot I take to make me ovulate. The only bad thing about it is that it can make you have a false positive. :wacko: I have not done acupuncture, but I'd be interested to try it at least once. I live in a pretty rural area, so I'd imagine I'd have to drive at least an hour to do that. I already have to drive an hour to see my FS (even for 10-15 minute appointments...I hate that!!!) and 2 hours if they need to see me on Wednesdays (b/c that office isn't open) or when we need to do our IUI. I will be SOO happy for so many reasons when I can stop going there.

I've only been taking my prenatals. BTW, I'm sure you've said, but how long have you been trying?

So when ARE you going to test??? I really hope we both get our :bfp:

Well, if I don't talk to you before, have fun at the wedding!

We're you not ovulating without the shot? I want to be sure I have more options or at least things to ask my fs about.
I have been trying for nearly 3 years(will be 3 in Nov). I've seen a lot of friends et. Get pregnant during that time and try to think of the good. For instance, they may have a 2 year old now, but when I have a baby i'll have those 2 years of childhood to enjoy still. Does that make sense?
I guess I'm lucky of have a great acupuncturist in town. I love going as it really relaxes me! I too have to drive over an hour to the fs though. Ugh.
I wasn't going to test until next Friday unless I get some crazy symptoms or something.
Btw how much does the IUI cost for you? Mine was $400 here in Canada. The doc appointments are free. I had a blood test to test my amh before it for $120 as the sample was being sent to the US. Did you have that done? It was good for me to know my result was in the norm(my last fsh result w high and the fs found one of my ovaries is much smaller). Not sure how many IUI we'd try. IVF is so expensive and my fs warned that "some people just aren't compatible". Eek.
Happy thoughts, happy thoughts! It is meant to be 32 C here today, gorgeous for this wedding! Hope you are having a good weekend!

I was ovulating. I guess they just have you do it to make SURE you ovulate around the time of the IUI. Every test for myself and DH have come back normal, which is VERY frustrating. My IUI (which this includes the sperm wash) was $320.00, but with the meds, that brings it up to $425.00 and I'm not even going to account for all the $30.00 doctor's visits and the $86.00 blood draws. So, well over $500.00 a month. I'm trying not to even think about IVF right now. I don't know how we could ever afford it. I HATE THIS I HATE THIS I HATE THIS!!! lol Hopefully, we'll both get our BFP's though.

Last night I had that weird matallic taste in my mouth, I also had it a little this morning. I tested this morning and had a VERY faint BFP, but I used a more sensative test than I have in the last two days, so I'm wondering if it's still picking up the shot somehow? I hope not! I know I shouldn't, but I'm going to test tomorrow to see if the line disappears or gets darker.

So have you tested again?? I'm so curious. I have yet to test and am affraid of being let down. I find many of my monthly symptoms I have misinterpreted in the past. Maybe I should test in the am.....

How long have your triggers stayed in your system? Just trying to plan my testing day - I got my trigger tonight and I'm having my second IUi on Wednesday.....EXCITED! :)

Hope to see a :bfp: from one of you ladies really soon!

West-Well, I started spotting Sunday night :cry: so I'm feeling pretty out. I still tested yesterday and had the same faint line as before (pretty sure they have to be faulty tests) I'm going to test on Thursday if I still haven't officially started yet. It's POSSIBLE that I'm still pregnant. Ppl spot all the time before they get their :bfp:, but I doubt that I am.

How was the wedding? Any signs of AF? I really hope not for your sake.

Rocco-Well, the first time I took my trigger, it was still in my system at 9DPO. I stopped testing after that b/c I went in for a blood pregnancy test that day that came back negative. This month, it was still in my system at 6DPO, but when I took a cheapie at 7DPO, it came back negative. So, to avoid a false positive getting your hopes up, I'd recommend trying to test it out. So what was the :spermy: count for your IUI's and how many follicles did you have?

West-Well, I started spotting Sunday night :cry: so I'm feeling pretty out. I still tested yesterday and had the same faint line as before (pretty sure they have to be faulty tests) I'm going to test on Thursday if I still haven't officially started yet. It's POSSIBLE that I'm still pregnant. Ppl spot all the time before they get their :bfp:, but I doubt that I am.

How was the wedding? Any signs of AF? I really hope not for your sake.

I hope it was just spotting and you're still good :winkwink:
My cycle is usually 26 to 28 days (last month on clomid it was 28). Today is day 26 and feeling bloated and was also headachy yesterday(both af signs for me). Didn't test yet but not feeling great about it. I'll wait it out...
The wedding was fun! I have a glass of champagne and a glass of wine. I was trying to just enjoy the night but there were lots of babies there and my mind kept wandering.

Brayr, my first IUI I had one follicle and dh's count was super high (84million). This time I still only got one follicle, but I'm hoping for a better result this time :) we go in tomorrow morning for it. My trigger last time I think lasted until 9 or 10 dpo, so I bought a bunch of IC's to test it out this time. Was your trigger 10,000 units of HCG? I wonder if the different doses of HCG last longer or shorter - I've heard of triggers being anywhere from 5000-20000 IU's, mine was 10,000.

I've had a bit of spotting this evening, slight cramping, craving chocolate and am feeling cranky....I think I'm out for this month:cry:
I'll test in the am if af hasn't truly shown.

Oh West! I am feeling extremely bloated and am having strong AF cramps. This f'ing blows :growlmad:! Let me know how it goes this morning. I really hope you have a nice surprise :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->