August oops + Prednisone = Ninja baby?

Klandagi

Reaction score
Ah where to begin this story....

Oh I know! At the part where DH and I went away and threw caution into the wind a couple times when I thought we were safe but it turns out my calculations were wrong somewhere near the end of August :blush:

Earlier in the month I'd nearly been hospitalized for acute bronchitis which landed me with a 5 day course of prednisone. In early September my period was very uncharacteristically 5 days late but tests during that time frame came up negative on digitals and mainly evaps on dollartree tests (admittedly that had been stored in higher temps in a box out of AC) and when my period reared it's ugly head regardless of the fact that it was highly uncharacteristic both in time and content I said "well that means we're not pregnant and it was just the prednisone delaying things". The two of us went back on our merry paths without further thought.

(run if you hate TMI!!!!)

My periods are normally around 7 days long and start medium, go extremely heavy, and then take a couple days to completely taper off. I soak tampons and ever since my miscarriage in December of last year, I can literally see SHEETS of my uterine lining coming off on the tampon. So gross, but normal.

However post prednisone that all changed. They've become lighter and lighter, only one really sticks out in my mind as being anywhere near "normal" and that was because the blood was bright red instead of being brownish pink or dark red. While there's small clots I've only ever noticed a TINY bit of lining which may very well have been just a thin weirdish clot...

Cue in the past couple weeks. It started as fluttering but now there's a sensation in my belly that literally feels like something stretching out and banging around. The fluttering is still there, but after sitting for a long period of time or stopping after a walk or laying down and switching sides... Yeah. There's definitely something going on. The movement is, IMHO, too high to be gas. It's on either side of my belly button maybe half an inch or so lower and more concentrated on my right then my left.

I have become a VULTURE. I.cannot.stop.eating.

I have heartburn.

My lower abdomen is rock hard and more pronounced. I'm a bigger girl (US sz 22-24) but I'm incredibly active... I don't normally stare at by gut in the mirror, but my belly is more pronounced now then in my pregnancy pictures at nearly 10 weeks. A lot more pronounced and it's not fat. Too solid to be fat.

I have veins that run wild from my breasts up my chest over my collarbone and into my shoulders. They're HUGE and wide and plentiful.

I'm going to take another test. But here I am sitting in wonder trying to figure this out and coming up empty handed other then the following options:

I'm, really, 21 weeks and 2 days pregnant

or

I'm really stressed out and need beano and slimfast. :shrug:

Either way here's my short wait and twiddling my thumbs :dohh:

PS: NinjaBaby, if there, will be born a month after a big upcoming move. No matter how unexpected, NinjaBaby, if there, is very wanted and very loved...

Gosh, that's super weird. I'm pretty convinced I'd not have been able to contain myself long enough to write up your thread! I'd have got myself to the nearest pharmacy to get a test!

Let us know how it goes.

XX

Very interesting, can not wait to read the results!

Ladies, trust me, the only reason I'm containing myself is because the car is in the shop and I'm waiting to slip out with a pal who's known for a couple weeks my suspicion... Actually... She looked at me when I was whining about fluttering and went "You sure you're not pregnant?" so.... Yeah. DH is going through schooling right now so I've kept him in the dark. No sense in getting him stirred up if I'm just going crazy, right?

Wow... I can't wait to read the updates of this post! When will you do a test?

xx

Probably later today fingers crossed. I'd like to know ASAP. If it wasn't a 6 mile walk in a thunderstorm I'd be on my way LOL!

Ah i see lol, where do you live then? I'm in England.
xx

I'm currently in Florida, USA and getting ready to move to Alberta, Canada. England must be lovely. It's on my top 10 list of places to visit.

Ah it's not that great lol, very cold and rainy!

Make sure you post when you've done your test!!!

Wow, good luck! I can't wait for your update! You have the patience of a saint! Lol!

X

I use to live in North Port Florida.
Canada is a huge move then.

eh it's hot and rainy here and I've already visited 98% of the historical sites. I love Seattle and it's cold and rainy there so England sounds like a peach :)

Will post results asap!

Patience is a virtue I had to train into myself. Trust me. In my line of work jumping the gun is bad... But dammit I wanna know!

North Port is interesting. I'm in Palm Beach County.

I only live there a short time, did not really like see crocs at every turn and in all the ditches.

I only live there a short time, did not really like see crocs at every turn and in all the ditches.

eh the gators are like frogs with teeth. They're more scared of you then you are them. Just don't try to come between a mommy with their babies and life is good LOL

Oooh,... you're moving to Alberta! Get ready for lots of cold in the winter :) and from Florida? you're brave. ;)

I can't wait for the update. Hopefully you get whatever result you're looking for.
If it's a BFN then you're going to have the unfortunate task of what is making you feel off.

I'm brave and crazy in love with a silly canuck. I freak when he mentions the temps but I know I'll just hide inside all winter and appear as two blue eyes under a lump of blankets LOL. A very elusive creature I'll be. But I'll survive.

We'll figure it out. This seemed like the most logical place to start lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->