August Testing Thread: Best of luck to all TTC and testing in August!

Travelgurl when ur TTC it's so hard to wait to test! I got a faint BFP at 10dpo...and since then it's been hard to hold off. So I try to get the dollar store tests that are 3$ instead of spending $$ on frer. Actually I got the BFP on a $store test at 10dpo : )

Not sure if I will test early or not. Right now I feel content to wait. But if my progesterone check on Friday comes back in the high range, it may be much more tempting! Last time I was SO sure that I wouldn't, then I blew through 4 tests in a day on day 20. ;)

Since we are trying on our own this month while waiting to hear back from the RE, my testing date is Aug 15.

Congrats hopeful!!great news.

I test the day af is due. I can't be bothered with early testing. It makes me feel crazy. Haha

I will probably test August 15, hopefully can wait that long.

Jean40 and Dimmu: you've both been added. Welcome to you both and good luck on the 15th!

I bought a cheap Easy@Home pack of OPK and HCG tests off Amazon, which I believe is the same (albeit rebranded) as Wondfo. So I'm not too worried about wasting expensive tests.
I did test this morning and it was negative. Not even a faint line. I know it's super early yet, and I will wait and test again on the weekend, but the last (and only) time I was pregnant (MMC at 10 weeks), I already had symptoms by 10DPO. However, I thought they were PMS symptoms since I was spotting for 5 days. I didn't test until the night of 16DPO when I got my positive with a FRER test. Just based on this history, I feel like I may be out for the month, but we'll see.
I also had blood work done yesterday to check my progesterone levels. My doctor went a little tick-the-box happy and we're also checking every single hormone that I think a woman has! Hopefully that will help us on our quest too. :)

Travelgurl...can u send ur dr to ontario pls! I can't get anywhere with drs here. Hope ur symptoms prove u wrong ; )

I'm out. Af showed up three days early with literally , the worst cramps I have ever had.

Hello! Can I join this group? :) Planning to test around the 22nd-23rd.

Good luck everyone! :)

I tested Friday (11dpo) with a a FRER that expired in 2012. (left over from my first child). I got a very faint positive but I was worried about old tests not being reliable. I tested again on Saturday (12dpo) with a Clearblue digital and got a :bfp:.
I am 41 and this was our first cycle TTC so obviously we are really happy! It is a long road though so I am not counting any chickens just yet. I am pretty sure that expired tests are just less sensitive than fresh ones and probably give false negatives, not false positives, but it was worth it to have the confirmation before we told anyone.)
As for symptom spotting - - For me the insistent mild cramps days before AF was due were pretty convincing and there was one particular afternoon where I had weird let down feelings like breastfeeding. I think you could say I knew I was pregnant before testing and if my tests had been negative I would have just kept on testing!

Baby dust to all!
:dust:

Congrats Eleonora!
Will add you MariaIsabella for the 22nd.

Congrats Eleonora!

I'm off to my embryo transfer today. FXd, I get a BFP later this week.

Congrats, Eleonora!!!

Hopethisyear, good luck with the transfer today. I hope all goes smoothly and your BFP is right around the corner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->