Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

Welcome home maddy!! Hope u had a lovely time away. Appoint is on mon 15th. So not long now. Nervous now. Joined another thread of women over 30 with assisted ttc and some of the stories they have told me makes me nervous. I thought I would just have a sore belly button after lap but that's the least of it :( hopefully its not that bad. No doubt we will be speaking before Ur fert appointment

Big hugs Kiwi. Are you more worried about what the results might be, or the post-op recovery?

Hi lovelies. Marry how are you settling in post holiday come down? I always get the blues after returning to normal life! Is it cold in Canberra? Qld is variable hot and sunny but cold and rainy on thurs when my friend got married go figure. Where are you in your cycle. I'm o at the mo I hope.

Kiwi it's tomorrow. I know your nervous. Am crossing fingers for you. The assisted contraception thread is a good idea, I'm also completely naive about ivf and the like. Did you have a good weekend? We went to a christening. Gulp. lots of babies. Everywhere.

Maddy - bit of both. But more worried about what they might find. Will keep u posted how I get on

Hope all goes well Kiwi, will be thinking of you.

DH went & did his new SA this morning, results should be in by Thursday or Friday.

hi maddy and kiwi.

hope all went well today for you both. fx for the SA. My DH had 224 million, good motility and good anatomy. a great result.

Hi
All went very well today. Took a little longer to come around from anesthetic I was enjoying my sleep :) but excellent news no endo no cysts tubes all clear everything perfect so I have to get a script for injections and start on my next period as in nov we go IUI. Surgeon said to go for it as many women get Bfp after lap and dye test. But all in all very happy with results.
Feeling good in myself a little discomfort not much pain but very tired so off to bed. Thanks girls for Ur thoughts and words. Really appreciate the supportxx

Such good news, Kiwi. Hope the recovery continues to be easy.

Dr H how often does your DH have to do his SA? My DH had done one 12 months ago but they wanted him to do another one. It will be so interesting to see if there are any changes.

hi kiwi. great news!!!! fantastic.. it was worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay yay yay!!! thinking of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maddy they need two or three sperms sometimes to diagnose a problem - its worth repeating after vitamins as sperm counts go up and down.

Here is a link
https://www.monashivf.com/site/DefaultSite/filesystem/documents/interpretation-of-semen-analysis.pdf ..........................that I think you should read. I can help with any interpretation if you need me too!!

Dr H great doc, much clearer than my searches had bought up.

So it does confirm there are 'issues' with results from the first test, primarily:
- low morphology (6%) which we already knew :(
- high PH 8 (interesting to see if this improves: DH developed a systemic infection not long after his last test that required a long course of serious antibiotics).
- Motility (possibly an issue???) Not sure if the ">50% with forward movement" only means the fast swimmers? We got a breakdown of 34% rapid, 10% medium, 26% slow, 30% static...

Kiwi how are you recovering my dear?

maddy is he taking menevit - the female version is elevit and thats what we call the mens one anyway? you probably need another test!

All going great actually I am concerned that I am feeling so great. From the other sites and even the drs at hospital said I will feel rubbish and site for 3-5 days but to be honest I could have gone to work today. I have been a lazy ass sitting on the couch but no pain nothing. Fingers crossed it stays this way. Even managed to get a cheeky bd in which was a good thing as today I got no smiley face so I am assuming I am o'lating today???

How are u girls??

Good for you Kiwi. Hope you catch the eggy this month.

Dr H, we are both good vitamin consumers and DH takes Menevit. Off to pick up his results later today.

***Update*** results in. Numbers still aggregate to the low side of fertile (Sperm Count is 54, normal range is 20-250). More concerning is the test shows "significant non-specific agglutination" (well over 10%) and the doctor said this suggests greatly reduced infertility. Not sure of cause but possibly immunological reasons (infection of some sort). Dr said test needs to be repeated and results can then be taken more seriously....

Maddy - not sure about SA results. I never actually got a copy of DHs but from what the GP and fert consultant said they are very good. So I can't make heads or tails out of what needs to be high or low ( I still struggle with my own) but fingers, toes and at the moment legs are crossed that it was an infection to cause havoc with the results.

Posted on another thread but I just feel grumpy. Plus it's CD28 so tomorrow will be CD1 and I feel like it's another cycle wasted....and it's our last trying to TTC on our own. A bit sad about it all.

As I posted elsewhere today, I'm a bit peeved actually. My FS appointment is Monday lunchtime. I booked it more than 2 months ago. Today the FS receptionist rang to say they received my referral letter from my GP, but haven't received DH's referral letter ....ummmm nowhere in the paperwork did it mention needing a referral for DH. The FS office staff didn't mention it when I went in to register. Nor did my Dr mention that we would need one. Of course now I think about it, it makes perfect sense, but I've never done this before and it wasn't mentioned...so now I feel like an idiot.

Thank goodness one of the doctors at my GP's practice had a cancellation for early Monday morning....FX they will agree to write the referral, even though DH has never been there before. Sigh.

Ahh, other than that, hope you are all really well! Have a good weekend! I'm on nightshift Saturday night, so no fun for Maddy!

Both of us had to be screened. DH needed a SA and all his bloods to major sure there is no HIV hep A,B or C or any other infectious disease and I needed that to. They need all this before they start any treatment at all. My first FS appointment they did an ultrasound and internal camera to check everything out before they booked the lap and dye test. Because of he circumstances I am sure the GP will do a referral. Good luck with it all. Sometimes knowing this is the last month before treatment helps. I am like that now. Would be great to get a Bfp this month but I know next month we have a much better chane with IUI xx

Interesting Kiwi...since I'll have AF when I'm at the FS appointment I sure hope they don't want to do any on-the-spot inspections ;) We weren't planning for DH to even go with me! I guess I should have been more proactive in researching what to expect....i was so focussed on the tests they might order that I didn't even think about the actual appointment itself!

maddie the referral is just to claim medicare for your hubby. you can still be seeen by the fs but it will cost about a hundred bucks without the referral. the first appt hey may do an uss can do if bleeding still, transvaginal and ask you questions blood work et al. I am sure it will all work out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KPG - so great to see you are getting the swing of this!!!!!!!!!! You will probably get up the duff this month!!!!!!

Dr H I want your FS! $100 is a bargain. Ours is $380 (about $70 back from Medicare) for the first visit and $180 for subsequent visits (about $38 back). At least we're registered for the safety net :)

Not much happening here. It's been lovely weather so we spent a lot of time in our vegie patch this morning. Now I'm working, bleugh.

ha ha. not that good. i think it was about 280 for me about a hundred for hubby!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->