Aussies trying to get duffered aged 20+ !!!

Thanks Rosie cheeks! Pretty good down under, although it's been a big week for everyone! How are you hun?

Oh maddy im sorry to hear that re the SA - is there any advice or steps that could be taken? Have you considered IUI?

I'll be organising one for my DH when i have my appt next Friday, time for some answers i reckon!

Glad my boss has made himself scarce this afternoon. Wise decision asshole.

Thanks....apparently it can be caused by an infection (not so bad - can be treated) or genetics (ie: antibodies to the sperm). DH was very ill earlier in the year & we're not sure if it's related. The Dr said we shouldn't panic until the tests are redone but.... :(

It's a bit of a blow, but you should take his advice & try not to worry. I hope it was due to his illness. What are your options if it doesn't improve? Would you consider a donor?

Nana, glad he's gone too!!

How long did you say until the tests are redone Maddy? fingers crossed its just an infection and all is cleared up!

Maddy what were the results of the SA??? My first appt is in 2 weeks, I will ask for a "dating U/S" then.
QUOTE]

Hoh dating scan, yay Rosie! I know you don't see much, but getting the measurements is pretty exciting :happydance:

The 2 sets of results are set out slightly differently as they were done by different facilities:

Initial test:

Count 65 million/ml
Viscosity abnormal (high) pH 8
Motile 46 million/ml
Motility 70% (34% rapid, 10 % medium, 26% slow, 30% static)
Morphology 6% normal (Abnormal 95% - slight amorph 16%, abnormal 79%)

New test:

Sperm Count – low - 54 (normal range 20-250)
Viscosity (low)
Motility 55% (55% progressive, 45% immotile)
Morphology – 36% normal (Abnormal 66%)
Agglutination >10% (significant)

The agglutination is non-specific. According to the doctor, it suggests greatly reduced infertility from an immunological cause. This could be either an infection (FX easily fixed, DH was very ill earlier this year and could be related ) or DH is producing antibodies to the sperm (not good).

How long did you say until the tests are redone Maddy? fingers crossed its just an infection and all is cleared up!

Next week about 30 mins before the FS appointment....but of course we won't get the results until next Thursday.

Thanks....apparently it can be caused by an infection (not so bad - can be treated) or genetics (ie: antibodies to the sperm). DH was very ill earlier in the year & we're not sure if it's related. The Dr said we shouldn't panic until the tests are redone but.... :(

Hopefully it is just from the illness. I sure hope so honey xo

fxed Maddy things clear up for DH's SA... I want to get me and my DH checked but he is not ready yet... I will be looking to see a naturopath after the 6th november. when Medibank private waiting period is over... get the saliva test... if I am not preg before.

fxed Maddy things clear up for DH's SA... I want to get me and my DH checked but he is not ready yet... I will be looking to see a naturopath after the 6th november. when Medibank private waiting period is over... get the saliva test... if I am not preg before.

Thanks ;) Your chart is looking good, I wouldn't worry about the O possibly being a bit before Day 14. Maybe it just means your vitamins have helped give you a longer LP.

I had a mid cycle bleed so decided to change my chart over and manual ovulation date... never in my life had a mid cycle bleed. so gassy and major bloating atm

:hi: girls, this might be a long one :coffee:

GINNY - thinking of you hun. Hope all went well today under the circumstances. :hugs:

ROSIE - I think you can stop POAS now :rofl:

MUM2Q - I like the name Hudson. My friend has a boy (well he is a teenager now) called Hudson Tramae (don't like his middle name) but he just gets Huds or Hudson. No real nickname. But I am sure kids and people will come up with something. There is not too many names out there that doesn't get shortened. Its an Aussie thing :) H or H-man is another one. And about Dr Google, I wouldn't read into it to much. It is there to freak you out so I have found out. All the "horror" stories I read about the lap and dye test and how I will be in bits for a week and still sore after a few weeks and no BDing for the month as I wont feel like it and I will be bleeding for a couple of days afterwards.... And I have nothing like that. Ok the first day I was sore but was in no pain at all. Still have all the good drugs and haven't taken any of them. There was a tiny bit of spotting but that only lasted the day afterwards. Everyone is different. If you have concerns ring your GP just to make sure. The cramp like pain could be your insides making room and stretching.

ANGEL - good luck with the house hunting. I know it must be so frustrating but you want to get the right home for you and your family. Sometimes the perfect home just takes some time. But I am sure you will find it. AND SOON xx

2MUMS - how is OH doing? And how is yourself? While looking after OH be sure to look after yourself as well. xx

COSSIME - sorry to hear of the passing of your friends mum. :hugs: It has certainly been a tough week on this thread this week. Must be a full moon.

LAINEY - your GP does sound like a right twat. Try not to worry to much. I know it must be hard but the girls are right.... your shoulder pain might just be from working, the gym or sleeping wrong or something really silly and simple like that. But for your own piece of mind PUSH for the scan and the tests to make sure. Thinking of you hun xx But yeah for becoming an Aussie soon!!!

NEWBIE NEWBIE NEWBIE - your boss is such a w**ker. He needs to grow a pair and stop hiding behind the so called "head office" with all this bulls**t. You are one strong girl as I wouldn't put up with all of that. I personally would take the redundancy and leave in Nov and even if I have to pack shelves at a supermarket or McDonalds until another job comes up I would. But I am a weakling and don't do stress that well :blush: Or if you can take time off and relax and get your head together. I want to do more to your boss then smack him across the face with a rotten wet fish. :hugs: hope everything works out for you.

NUMBER2 - i am sorry but that is so funny. Violating some poor womans nature strip :rofl: OK its not funny that you were sick but.. I would love to see that woman's face.

HI TO EVERYONE ELSE that I might have forgotten to mention personally. Hope you are all having a great day.

I am back to work today :cry: I kinda got use to sitting on the couch in my pjs all day watching Oprah on TV and catching up on Home & Away and Neighbours :) But I only have to work for 3 days (yep I got the saturday shift again) and then I have a day off. So its not too bad. DH has given me strick instructions not to lift boxes and take it easy. My temp increased a little this morning which hopefully is a good sign. I didn't get a smiley face yesterday so I am assuming I O'd yesterday. We BD last night just incase. :winkwink: so now we begin the never ending cycle of TWW. My script arrived for the IUI injections in the post so will start that in 2 wks if nothing happens. I am hoping it works this month as the injections are well expensive.

Anyhow, have a fantastic day what is left of it.

Hi Guys, so many pages, so i will comment on a few things

Nana! what an ARSE! you are totally a hero for sticking to your guns though!

Maddy: probably an infection, the book im reading talks about that, and that its easily fixed. i hope so for you. Ive heard that IUI or IVF makes that easier, and even some vitamins!????

Squeegs: i love the name Hudson, i have a friend who has a boy called Hudson and we call him Huddy. Same as the others said, i think the CM is fine, just a baby getting comfy!

Lainey: Dick of a doctor! wanker

LLPM: hope she is ok, how did she hold up today

Kim: DUFFERED! well done! i love it when we prove doctors can know shit!

Pammy: that is looking better! fx lovely

Amanda: funny story! but i felt bad for you! i do love all your pics of Harrison on FB

Cossie: very sad news about your friends mum! xo

Angel: i know its so easy to get over it....we bought our place after being over it, and i sort of regret it, shouldve looked longer! the right house will come! just have to stick it out

Everyone else hi! sorry i didnt comment on everything, there were many pages and i couldnt find a pen!

Im a little confused about my CM. last night creamy (and i have to hunt around), this morning EWCM! then this afternoon creamy! im not near Ov date yet. OPKs not there yet, not ferning. had a temp rise this morning but that was due to headache and lack of sleep. its all a bit weird. i really want to give it a good go this month.
feel very reasurred after reading my IW guide to getting pregnant. i was so worried about the age, but she explains how its not really anything to be concerned about right now, and how media make us feel like shit for DARING to be older. im SO SORRY i didnt fall in love till later in life! geez! but that made me feel better.

work is still crazy stressful. pretty much everyone in the company are certain we are going to lose our jobs. i dont think that is really on the cards, and if it does happen, it sucks, but we will survive.

Gosh kiwi and abs I am in awe of your posts!!!! Remind me of how slack I've been at keeping up with everyone with the soap opera that is my work life!!!!

Well done girls!!!

Abs sorry work is shit. I hope it becomes less stressful very soon so you can focus your energy on making some beautiful babies!!!

And kiwi I'm glad you're feeling good and hopefully you're baking!!!!! I'm so sure this is going to be your month xxx

defo sasha month this time round girls! And I think Amy's new found confidence in this cycle will be a hit too!!!

Kiwi, that looks like a beautiful temp rise, I would say you have timed this perfectly to bring Ethan in to this world!! xxx

Abbs, so glad you're going to give it a good go this month, I think it will pay off! I usually get watery/ewcm for about a week-10 days before ov. I wouldn't be worried that your body is doing anything weird! Plus, early ov has been the way to get BFPs lately, you'll be the next!

defo sasha month this time round girls! And I think Amy's new found confidence in this cycle will be a hit too!!!

Kiwi, that looks like a beautiful temp rise, I would say you have timed this perfectly to bring Ethan in to this world!! xxx

Abbs, so glad you're going to give it a good go this month, I think it will pay off! I usually get watery/ewcm for about a week-10 days before ov. I wouldn't be worried that your body is doing anything weird! Plus, early ov has been the way to get BFPs lately, you'll be the next!

Ah thanks Squiggs. Poor Ethan is being told off already :) I gave him a big stern talking to the other night (as well as my dogde old wrinkley eggs) and told them both to wake up and stop fecking around.... time to get serious. Fingers crossed that worked.

Gosh kiwi and abs I am in awe of your posts!!!! Remind me of how slack I've been at keeping up with everyone with the soap opera that is my work life!!!!

Well done girls!!!

Abs sorry work is shit. I hope it becomes less stressful very soon so you can focus your energy on making some beautiful babies!!!

And kiwi I'm glad you're feeling good and hopefully you're baking!!!!! I'm so sure this is going to be your month xxx

Newbie - I just have a double screen. :winkwink: keep one open to type the posts as I go and one to read the post. Makes life so much easier when you are sleeping through about 10 pages worth of news LOL

november bfp for sasha newbie32..... and other sasha tooo... :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->