Avent vs Tommee Tippee??

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
We used Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bottles for Rhys and then went on to use the beakers etc... but the other day i bought an Avent beaker (the sportster one) and i absolutely love it!

Im thinking of buying some Avent bottles for this baby instead of using Tommee Tippee. i can think of several 'cons' for the closer to nature bottles.. such as the strange shape makes storage difficult and the fact the lids dont work too well (id often have bottles leaking from the lid if i put them in my handbag) plus Avent do more types of sterilizers and bottle warmers.. i could never find a bottle warmer that fitted our bottles!

what are you girls opinions of which is better??

RachieH sent me a lindam one that fits the Tommee ctn ;)

I have liked my Tommee bottle - We used avent at the beginning mainly because I didn't know they dod 4oz bottles in the ctn :dohh: BUT as time has gone on we have noticed the lids 'popping' off them easily which is annoying so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't use them again!

I bought Avent and at first they were fine but after a while they started to leak and by leak I don't mean spots of milk it was literally pouring out of the side also the teets didn't last very long!!

I ended up buying a set of 'Mam' bottles and they're brilliant, they also come in cool colours which is good too!!

I'll defo be using them again next time!

xx

Caitlin didn't like the teat - I migth try her on them again (MAM)

Caitlin didn't like the teat - I migth try her on them again (MAM)

Ahhh, was wondering how you got on with them! The teats are a bit strange!

Think if you use them from birth you'd be ok as LO has never had anything diff!

xx

I am getting annoyed with Tommee so maybe when shes a stronger sucker and holds her own she'll use them :D - Im hopig anyway coz they don't leak do they? So many times my sofa has been milked :dohh:

tbh, i started aventcoz i thought they were they best for reducing colic... defo wont be using them again though, they didnt leak or anything but one litrally melted in the avent micro steraliser and Rhiannon suffered the most horrendous trapped wind with them (the very thing it boasts to reducing!!!), we're now on Dr Brown's and whilst they are more expensive its like having a totally different baby in the house, she is much more settled on them x

tasha will probably comment on this one too, but they use a chemical on the bottles that leaks out when heated... can't remember the name. Tommee Tippee are the best in this regard as they use the lowest amount of the chemical in their plastic.

For this reason alone, we'll be sticking with TT until someone uses less.

Interesting information MrTasha! :D

Melted - Erm wtf :shock: Did you kick off - I'd have gone loopy!

we use the tommee tippee ctn here too and I cant complain other than I have an avent steriliser and can only just about fit in 5 bottles, its not a problem now as my lo only takes 4-5 bottles a day anyway but in the early days she took 8-9 :shock:

the teats are great in ctn too as they have 3 flows :)

Oh you can only get 4-5 in the Tommee steriliser that has 6 slots for bottles :dohh:

We use MAM, they can leak sometimes, but then all bottles do. usually when your half asleep, you miss the thred, shake it, and wake up very quickly :lol:

Oh you can only get 4-5 in the Tommee steriliser that has 6 slots for bottles :dohh:

I did wonder that actually as had seen the tommee tippee steriliser and it does say 6:dohh: thanks for that

no i didnt wobbs, i was to sleep deprived and lacking in iron to have the enegry to care that they had melted lol now though im a bit peeved coz it could have ruined the steraliser...grrr, bottles we got now are fab, so if any more babies pop up in the future they wont be on avent lol

My Sil tried Avent and had the same prob with them leaking, she went onto TT and they were brilliant. These were an older version before CTN though, but i think tesco do ones similar to the old design.

I bought Avent and at first they were fine but after a while they started to leak and by leak I don't mean spots of milk it was literally pouring out of the side also the teets didn't last very long!!
xx
This sort of reply proves that it's just whats best for your baby. I never had this problem with the normal Avent bottles or teats at all.

BUT when we heated their cups:
https://www.aventamerica.com/images/products/hero_9ozmagic.jpg
in the microwave, they did leak sometimes. Best thing to do is to heat the milk in a different bottle, then transfer I find.

We now use these and they are great (again, I don't microwave these dudes):
https://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/images/product/super_sipper_kids_on_the_go.jpg

Which? the last ones?

If you mean them, it's Tommee Tippee kids on the Go

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe