Avoiding sweeteners, what do you drink?

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
I try to avoid aspartame especially for the kids, they are not fussed on water but encourage them anyway, they have limited amounts if milk and juice but in this heat I'm having to make up squash as they need to drink more and with water they leave it.

What are good drinks avoiding sweeteners? Ay suggestions?

High juice doesnt have it in if you dont huy no added sugar lidl asda tesco one is ok.mif not we havevwater or fresh mango juice

We just blend up fruit with icy water in the blender

Smoothies & milkshakes with frozen fruits xx

We get Ben the not from concentrate fruit juice and I only drink water

We have tropicana orange, welchs purple grape juice and rocks organic cordial. All have no sweeteners. :)

I usually dilute 100% fruit juice when my son asks for juice. I'm lucky he loves water x

Can someone explain to me the downsides of sweetners?
I started a diet and switched our juices to sugar free but I was worried about the kids drinking it,I tried looking online but it seems to be all opinion based.I am very interested if anyone has any info.

As far as I know aspartame has been banned in the US because it is linked to causing cancer in younger children. Now I don't knew how true this is BUT it is enough to put me off! Asflumane k(sp?) is another one that should be avoided.

Also I notice when my little boy has had drinks/food with these in it he is very angry and hyper. This doesn't happen any other time than when he has consumed aspartame.

Yeah any type of artificial sweetener isn't good. :(

For Claire, she drinks milk or juice. She will drink all day if we let her so I tend to water down her juice with water to try and negate some of the sugar/calories (even though its good sugar and calories... she would drink an entire carton of juice a day if I let her).

We don't do Kool-Aid, pop or any type of sugary drink. My philosophy is that if she doesn't know what she's missing, she won't ask for it. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->