"Awake" Crib Time ...

Deise

Reaction score
How much time do your LOs spend in their cribs while being wide awake?

I feel like Im running out of things to "entertain" her with. She hangs out with me on the bed while I watch TV, we have our play time, I put her on her playmat, I put her in the stroller and park her on the porch so she can look around. I carry her in the pouch a lot in the house and when we go for walks, but she falls asleep most of the time while in there.

I started putting Keira down in her crib for about 40 minutes a day, she just recently discovered her mobile..She absolutely loves it, she gets all cranked up the minute she hears me winding it up...I'd like to leave her in there for longer and just let her hang out on her own, but I kinda feel guilty that she feels abandoned. She starts crying once she gets bored and then of course, I have to run in and show my face and talk to her, but it only lasts so long and I eventually have to pick her up and change venue..

mine doesnt go in his unless he is asleep x

Thats what I figured as well, since you want them to make an association that crib=sleep, not play.

same. she usually sits in her bouncy chair or with me when she's awake. often she'll fall asleep there

I carry my boy around the house while I do normal things. He even lies against my chest while I'm on the internet. He does not like being left alone if he is awake and he likes to be held all the time. He only sleeps in his crib. No toys there. He is not interested in toys anyways. Probably too young.Am buying a bouncy chair next week. Am sure he would like that.

my little man loves his bouncy chair as it vibrates x

I have a cradle in the living room, with a mobile and Bren LOVES it. He will watch it for about 15-20 minutes at a time. So he usually goes in there when we eat or I need to get something done.

I used to put Kyle in his cot during the day, with his mobile on whilst I would tidy, do washing..etc. But that was before I moved him into sleep in his cot. Now, when I need things done, its bebepod, swing, bouncer chair, door bouncer,playmat, buggy at the door, or mickey mouse on tv. I sometimes find it difficult to keep him entertained all day too x

I am trying to make in associate moses basket with night time so he is only in it at night. duirng the day i carry him around or put him on a playmat to sleep (not that he sleeps during the day anyway!). He hates his bouncer at the moment! ihope he learns to like it, it cost a bomb and is super handy when you want to eat your dinner lol

I know the feeling hun...iv been out trying to get loads of new toys for my LO but find nothing that is different...i have the rainforest cradel in my living room so my LO spends time sitting in there playing, looking at his mobile whilst i do the housework...don't feel guilty hun...your LO is being independent and enjoying time alone...i find when they get older there are more toys for them to play with xx

No, I don't put him in his cot apart from sleep time. But he does spend a good bit of time playing 'on his own' on his playmat, in the bumbo, in the doorway bouncer.

And he really is very interested in playing with the labels on his toys, pack of wipes and anything else he can get his hands on. He is also happy to sit in his pushchair with toys as long as I carry on a conversation with him in response to his babbling!

We have a bouncy chair, but it's at the other end of the country, so he doesn't see it very much.

I'm not sure I'd worry too much about it. If she's happy and likes being in there for a little while and is sleeping ok in there at night, I think I'd make the most of it.

Maybe once she's more interactive, I wont feel as pressured to entertain. She's in between the "vegetable" stage and getting more aware every day, but once her head is up on its own and she's be big enough to sit in a BebePod and the Jolly Jumper, Im sure it will be easier..

Charlotte will lay in her crib for about 5-10 minutes before the screaming starts. Once the mobile shuts off she turns on. She hates the bouncy and vibrating chairs and the swings so...when she's awake she HAS to be held...or she'll scream.

He never goes into his crib unless it's for sleep. Although when I see he's tires I swaddle him and put him in the crib and in no time he falls asleep. He knows it's for sleeping.

We only put Jack in there at night time so he knows its for sleeping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->