Awkward bump club?

BadMamaJAMA

Reaction score
Anyone else feel like they're in limbo between looking normal and looking pregnant?

I'm 16 weeks and have just barely started to poke out. I know that as a FTM, I probably won't look pregnant to strangers for maybe another month.

Up until this week, I just looked like me. But now I look like me with what can only be described as a "teacher belly." Did anyone else have an elementary school teacher who wore high-waisted pants with a belt that made her look like she had a pooch? That's what I look like right now, no matter what I'm wearing.

My "bump" is too low to look like I'm pregnant or even just fat. I just look... weird.

Anyone else?

hahah that's so me....starting to get that now too and my DH noticed. I have no idea how to dress to cover it because I know maternity clothes would fall off me at this point!

This was me from week 10 to 22! Urgh. Awful. Now I look huge and would give anything to be back that size. We will never be happy. Lol.

This was me from week 10 to 22! Urgh. Awful. Now I look huge and would give anything to be back that size. We will never be happy. Lol.

I dunno... Maybe I'll regret saying this, but I'm ready to just look pregnant. I ride the metro, which can be really busy, and I've had to ask people if I can take their seats because of the motion sickness.

I'm probably just in a fantasy land here, but I feel like if I had a discernible bump, maybe people would be nicer about letting me sit down.

Here's my non-bump, for the record:

https://i.imgur.com/JqoZ3eH.jpg

I'll get there, soon enough...

Oh lord, I'm only at 9, almost 10, weeks and I've already got that awkward bump!! I feel like people who haven't seen me in a while will think I gained weight, but the fact that its solid and doesn't jiggle or anything will probably throw everyone off! I'm ready to get big enough to show off that I'm actually pregnant, but I don't want the whole "I'm pregnant, approach and rub my belly" moment from random people! Haha!

I looked like that until last week, and now POOF, I have an even MORE awkward non-bump! :dohh: Strangely low but not that low and firm when I'm stood up anyway... still bit jiggly sat down :roll:
This is my third, so obviously I'm showing MUCH sooner than you will though... People at the office have JUST noticed (really, yesterday!) and are sure enough that its pg and not fat that they are asking at least :rofl:

Since you are really slim and I bet have good tummy muscle tone (I used to! :sad2:) then I hate to be the bearer of 'bad' news but its likely you won't REALLY show until about 7 months gone... That was me with my first anyway! Now that I am almost needing maternity wear at just 16 weeks, I'd LOVE to be back there again - but I remember being HUGELY frustrated at the time that no one could tell I was pregnant, dammit! :dohh:

:hugs: hon - embrace low-waisted jeans!! :D
xx

That looks like the start of a normal bump to me ;)

Thanks, all!

Dressing does present a challenge. I'm too small for the maternity clothes but everything else looks super weird. At this point, I'm wearing dresses... and miffed that I have to shave my legs every day, ha.

I'm STILL stuck at awkward bump stage, starting to feel like ill never leave it and just look weird this entire pregnancy :(

I felt like that for a while, especially around 16 weeks I was at the inbetween stage not big enough to look pregnant, but big enough to look fat! All of a sudden 17-19 (19 weeks yesterday) I seem to have popped. It's so strange as when I look down at my feet, I see the bump but still doubt I look pregnant. from the side you can definitely tell. I even asked my friend yesterday who wanted a picture ''Can you see it?'' she was like erm are you kidding?!?! I think it takes a while to get used to it!! This was me yesterday..

Attachments

• Photo 30-08-2013 16 31 25.jpg
    Photo 30-08-2013 16 31 25.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 14
I felt like that for a while, especially around 16 weeks I was at the inbetween stage not big enough to look pregnant, but big enough to look fat! All of a sudden 17-19 (19 weeks yesterday) I seem to have popped. It's so strange as when I look down at my feet, I see the bump but still doubt I look pregnant. from the side you can definitely tell. I even asked my friend yesterday who wanted a picture ''Can you see it?'' she was like erm are you kidding?!?! I think it takes a while to get used to it!! This was me yesterday..

You look pregnant to me!!! Lovely!

I don't look pregnant at all and was moaning to my other half about it the other day. I want strangers to notice or other mums (at groups) to comment on it!
I didn't show until 29/30 weeks with my first, and even then it wasn't obvious - I looked about 3 months pregnant!
I thought I would show a lot sooner with it being my second, but I'm still waiting...

This is my non-existent bump

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/blonde_bimbo121/27820e9f-5b32-4944-af5d-9cbbc1454844_zpse2ea8cb4.jpg

I don't look pregnant at all and was moaning to my other half about it the other day. I want strangers to notice or other mums (at groups) to comment on it!
I didn't show until 29/30 weeks with my first, and even then it wasn't obvious - I looked about 3 months pregnant!
I thought I would show a lot sooner with it being my second, but I'm still waiting...

This is my non-existent bump

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/blonde_bimbo121/27820e9f-5b32-4944-af5d-9cbbc1454844_zpse2ea8cb4.jpg

You look great! I feel like your "bump" (or contour, that is) is higher than mine... Which has the makings of less awkwardness later on. :)

I think that's food, or at least my intestines! I'm pretty thin so it's obvious when I eat.

I feel movements lower down and below the "bump". It's weird! :/

Wishingwell - You are so thin! I'm sure you are the envy of your friends and as long as your doc's happy then I wouldn't worry about the "no show" bump. I do understand how it sucks that others don't help you carry things, give you seats, etc. but you could always get those baby on board type t-shirts!

Yep I can tell people in the street or in shops are looking at me and wondering whether to ask when Im due or if Im just fat.. most of them just say nothing lol x

1233350_558365844219848_1642001548_n.jpg

I look pregnant dressed and fat when not dressed. Depends on what I wear too. Anything baggy or tight just makes me look fat ha

I look pregnant dressed and fat when not dressed. Depends on what I wear too. Anything baggy or tight just makes me look fat ha

Girl you do NOT look fat! You look great! I think the way your top is cut is really great... I'm going to look for some like that!

I'm 9 weeks and can't do my top button on my jeans up. I am wearing a belly band today. :(

I have lost 3kgs since my BFP and I just feel huge!

Girl you do NOT look fat! You look great! I think the way your top is cut is really great... I'm going to look for some like that!

Thank you hehe. It's a mothercare one. It was £20 but I bought 2 tops when the buy one get one half price offer was on. I only got it last week. I just feel flubbery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->