Awkward bump club?

I remember with my first I popped at around 20 weeks.
Curious to know about this time.. right now I just have so much bloat I'm hoping to not give it away for atleast another couple weeks :haha:

Also... wait til you can't bend down to tie your shoes then you'll miss being small. I HATED standing for long periods of time when I was huge as well.

I felt like this for the longest time, i found that wearing maternity clothes instead of my regular clothes really helped me to look pregnant and not jus fat because they are made to accentuate the bump!

Update... my bump is bigger now... but I myself am still too small to look non-goofy in maternity clothes. This is bad, because I have to staff a very important briefing on Capitol Hill on Tuesday, and literally had nothing to wear for this event.

So I went shopping today... which was intensely frustrating at first! When I tried on the smallest maternity dress at H&M, DH described me as "Amish." Everything just looked gigantic... in the shoulders and everywhere else.

So I went to LOFT and they didn't sell maternity clothes in-store... BUT I found out a tip that might be useful. You know those dresses that were totally shapeless before we got pregnant? They work perfectly!! I got this one on sale. It's stretchy and super comfy sweater material... under a suit jacket it actually looks very professional.

So there's some light at the end of the awkward tunnel...

Those work too!! I wear a lot of my clothes from now, like those flowy shirts

My bump is really weird. It no data bulges out right high up, then a slight indentation where my belly button is and then bulges out again. The high up bump is v solid. The lower one a bit softer, but hard when you press it.
Finding it hard to bend down to shave legs, put tights on (bloody nightmare in fact) it's going to take some alternative manoeuvring to learn how to do them all.
Still think I look fat, as I seem to have expanded right round my middle.... nightmare when just having those in between dresses, now look awful on me.
Maternity dresses and tops really accentuate the bump I find and a lot more flattering too, feel more pregnant at nearly 20 weeks when wearing them.

Here I thought it was a funny awkward bump thread like was posted years ago. I have some awkwardly weird bump pics from when LO was in an odd position and there were some hilarious ones on there. But these are just normal bumps :haha: They're just not big yet. Don't worry - you'll get there! xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->